• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Member Link Up SHWW Group

Re: SHWW Group

I had a great time. Thanks to everyone who helped put it on. I must say though, I'm not really looking forward to my score.
smile.gif

Sounds like there was a great turnout yesterday (and y'all took the weather with ya').... sorry I missed all of you guys out there.... but I had no idea there were that many lurkers around here!
wink.gif

Anyway.... thanks for sticking around and shooting with me today Bigs! A bit wet and sloppy... but all the more fun... teaches me to show up on the wrong day...
crazy.gif

The course worked out great... hope to do it again, in the not so distant future.

Well, I just got back after retrieving the steel I want to keep, & packing up my camp. It started to POUR RAIN, & HAIL the entire time I was loading my gear in the truck.
cry.gif

Tribe, & I shot the match in shall we say "Less than Ideal Conditions" this morning. (ie. rain, drizzle, & very gusty winds.)So our scores suffered a little.

The 1/2" plate held up fine @ long range. The 7WSM almost penetrated it, & my 300WM made BIG craters leaving about 1/16" from penetration!
grin.gif
So, lets say that the steel from Stage 3 probably is good for scrap. Um, I also knocked the entire stand, & target over on my 2nd shot on Satage 2!
blush.gif
(No, I didn't hit the stand!)

The TOP SCORE was:
Bootneck with 240 pts for the day!

Second Place went to:
Lucas With 220 pts. ( Not too shabby for an old Nagant!)

Third Place went to:
Adam with 215 pts.

Rotortuner, & I tied for 4th place with 210 pts.

I won't list the rest due to I'm TIRED!
cry.gif

But if you want to know your score, & place in the ranks, PM me, & I'll send it.
I had a blast with you guys, & enjoyed having you all up for the match. I may look into doing it again in late summer/ early fall.(before hunting season!)
I may incorporate more sitting, kneeling, & offhand stages next time...
whistle.gif

I'm too tired to think, let alone type any more tonight, So I bid you all a good night.

I agree. I wish I could have seen it shoot, but I was kinda buisy.
BTW, if you want to test it's limits, I can put you on my 2K target sometime. You too Tribe.( we never got to see if those bullets stay stable out there did we.)
(Best done on a calm summer day with high overcast.)

Wasn't sure anyone on this site would like it much. It grows on you (like a cancerous tumor). I wouldn't expect anything at 2k from a 260 rem (I'm running 140vld's @ 2750), but I'm up for trying just about anything. Before the match I tested to 1075yds in good conditions and it shot REALLY good. I plan to use it at WCT and Oregon as well. I'd have liked to see your CF 300wm in action... might light a fire under me to get my 300wsm mauser project rolling. Any time you guys want to get together for shootin' just say the word.

"The Word"
whistle.gif

Bigs.... after shooting the long stage with those 6mm 107s, I think I'll wait on the 2k until I've got a 300wm or 338 or somethin' that I can see impacts with... otherwise, anything short of a hit, and I'm flyin' blind.... although, it may have been a bit more forgiving if it was a bit dryer
eek.gif
.... Either way, I'm a convert.... for the Big Outdoors, I see at least a 300wm in my future!
grin.gif

Bigwheels - just a quick thanks and mega kudos for putting on such a tremendous event. You far exceeded my expectations.

It was a good test of skills over an excellent variety of shooting scenarios while keeping everybody safe. What's not to like...

As it happens. A friend of mine is going to have some remote cameras that I can use sometime this summer. I want to set them up to look @ the long range targets. That way I can see hit's, even from little 6mm projectiles at more than a mile. Still working on it tho.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 264win</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the tube gun belongs to my buddy scott i just borrowed ti for the shoot. it shoots pretty good </div></div>

It's beautiful!
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tribe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Fellas... can anyone tell me.... what, if any restrictions there are, crossing into Oregon &/or Idaho with firearms from WA? </div></div>

No restrictions, just have your mags unloaded in case those rules are different. If you have a concealed pistol license, its not recognized in OR, but its good to go in ID.

CJG

Well, that's a pretty good intro for what I was going to post!

Any of you folks up north interested in applying for your OR CHL this weekend at the WAC gunshow?

I will be helping Sheriff Glenn Palmer of Grant County Oregon on Saturday the 27th of this month at the Puyallup WAC gun show. More details involving requirements can be found at the following link.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=267404

Currently prints will have to be taken with ink and paper. There is a chance with this method that the OR State Patrol could reject the prints based on their quality. Please consider donating to help Glenn get the LiveScan fingerprint machine he needs to take digital fingerprints while traveling.

Cost for an OR CHL is $50 to the county, and a $15 check to Oregon State Patrol to cover the background check. Glenn has found an online training course that produces a card that he will accept for the training portion of the requirement.
http://www.mdgunsafety.com/

Please read the letter attached to the CHL application for complete details. You will need a copy of your course completion card/cert and a copy of your ID.
http://www.oregonfirearms.org/pdfs/grantcochlapp.pdf

Hope to see/meet some of you guys there!

For the SW WA guys, we should have something setup for a couple of hours in Vancouver on Friday night, I'll post an update when I find out where.

BTW, Looks like a helluva fun shoot you guys just had, I'll have to make the drive up sometime for that ultra long range fun(bmg should make 2k, not sure I have enough elevation in my scope for more than 1800 on the 338 edge)

VERY Challenging.

Great match JTP, R-Bros, and all.... So much appreciated, just can't say it enough.

Had a blast, met some more shooters - everyone was cool and generous as always, can't think of a better way to spend a weekend.

Thanks again, to all involved.

grin.gif

All I can say is----WOW, what an eye opener---was totally not prepared for the challenges of the match. Very cool and lots of fun
Learned tons about equipment and technique.
The match was well thought out and ran---
Thanks Jim and all involved.

A few pictures we took.
Shooter trying to splash on steel at 1160 yards.
I think this shooter got one hit on a 6.5"x10" plate.
1233zbo.jpg

Jess, the rifle shooter half of the winning team with two RO's checking the score sheets. Targets are on the hill in the center of the picture 1140 and 1160 yards out.
4kcwp.jpg

Other shooters in this squad waiting and watching.
2lm30w4.jpg

RO's and scores had it easy. Young lady in front was our EMT and timer, my daughter in the red and gray coat ran the score sheets on the long range stages.
r1h2qp.jpg

Think we had enough spotters? Trying to find the 4"x5" at 500 yards and the 5.5"x6" target at 695 yards. Conditions had gone south in a hurry at this stage as well.
2yjq6vo.jpg

Tom trying to get set for his 500 yard shots.
iwuiko.jpg

More to come later. Hope everyone had a great time!
And thanks to Troy for carrying me through out this match... I didn't hit crap!

diggler44, Let me start by saying this post is meant to be taken in a FUN way, no disrespect intended, OK :)?I heard a rumor you were calling out the RO on the long range stages of the match? Man O man if so I wish I had been there! I would have had my wallet out in a second!!And I would have had Jesse shoot weak/ support side just to keep him from blowing you out of the water! LOL, too bad we didn't have time for the spotting RO's on both ranges to shoot. It would have been a very educational event.
Anyway, just funning with you, but Jesse is one hell of a rifle shot.
Damn Dad, that's the worst shooting I've ever witnessed:
2nq411d.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jim the Plumber</div><div class="ubbcode-body">diggler44, Let me start by saying this post is meant to be taken in a FUN way, no disrespect intended, OK :)?I heard a rumor you were calling out the RO on the long range stages of the match? Man O man if so I wish I had been there! I would have had my wallet out in a second!!And I would have had Jesse shoot weak/ support side just to keep him from blowing you out of the water! LOL, too bad we didn't have time for the spotting RO's on both ranges to shoot. It would have been a very educational event.
2nq411d.jpg
</div></div>

I belive the discrepency was on a hit. Diggler saw a hit on steel and RO called miss. That was because the shooter hit the incorrect target at 1140....he hit the left while aiming at the right. Damn wind!!!
laugh.gif

Looking at going out west 4-17 and 4-18 or 5-1 and 5-2.

Anybody be ready for some more shooting by then? So lets get a list started.

April 17 & 18
1)dontstrokeme

May 1 & 2

1)dontstrokeme

For those that have not been out to a SHWW Shootout this is the way we run....no scrub brush!!!
laugh.gif
1111 yards easily available and longer is there if you want to hike.

100_3522.jpg

100_3352.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: diggler44</div><div class="ubbcode-body">how far is it from port townsdend I might be able to sneak away. </div></div>

About 1hr 45min

CJG

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jim the Plumber</div><div class="ubbcode-body">diggler44, Let me start by saying this post is meant to be taken in a FUN way, no disrespect intended, OK :)?I heard a rumor you were calling out the RO on the long range stages of the match? Man O man if so I wish I had been there! I would have had my wallet out in a second!!And I would have had Jesse shoot weak/ support side just to keep him from blowing you out of the water! LOL, too bad we didn't have time for the spotting RO's on both ranges to shoot. It would have been a very educational event.
2nq411d.jpg
</div></div>

Jim you are correct we did have a miscommunication about a hit, but I was actually trying to get him to shoot when we were all done because we did so poorly as a squad I wanted to see someone actually hit a target, plus I have heard from a few different sources about good they are (r-bros) so I wanted to see him in action. I was also flipping him shit trying to get him to try and hit the steel plates with the pistol he was carrying. it was all in good fun.

more seriously I don't mind get beat, the good shooters show you different positions to shoot in, timing, and you can watch their wind calls a very good learning experience. I am a tactical match rookie, but damn it is fun not quite as adrenaline packed as motocross but very demanding.