• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Member Link Up SHWW Group

Re: SHWW Group

FWIW.... Diggler was kind of the comedian of our group... I highly doubt any exchanges with him should have been taken too seriously... I know he had me grinnin' most of the day.

FWIW II... I had the pleasure of playing RO at a Kettle Falls stage last year (the long one)... and watching the R-Bros both shoot, and communicate, as a team, has been an inspiration to me since.

FWIW III... Diggler, I do believe that it's Shyla (please forgive the spelling if I got it wrong
wink.gif
), poking you in the ribs.... not Jim....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tribe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">FWIW III... Diggler, I do believe that it's Shyla (please forgive the spelling if I got it wrong
wink.gif
), poking you in the ribs.... not Jim.... </div></div>

FWIW.... I think my FWIW III was incorrect... Jim, is this you???
laugh.gif
crazy.gif

Thanks to all who came to the Findlay Cup! I RO'd the long range portion and it was challenging and entertaining to say the least. It's always good to be able to put some faces and names together. I think the match went pretty well all in all and I'm going to try to get some regular rifle and/or multi-gun matches going at the NCW Gun Club. Hope everyone had a good time!

See ya on the range,
JLR

I am actually going to be out on business until the end of may, so, if you will be without a steal runner until then. DS and I talked about putting together a sort of shoot either at the solduc or the private spot(with permission of course) outside of PA. Probably sometime in early or mid June, so keep that on the radar. I have a bunch of ideas on different stages to put together etc. My thing, I want difficult shots, that are difficult based on the actual shots them selves not just difficult because your being rushed. We will see, there is a lot of options and ideas. But early - mid June DS and I should be putting something together.

CJG

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tribe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">JLR... Please post here if you get a match put together.</div></div>

No problem. I'll be a little busy through May, but will be trying to get something together shortly thereafter and it'll most likely be at the range here in Wenatchee as it's easier/quicker to set things up. One question for all is where is the interest at......
-Individual precision rifle
-Team precision rifle
-Team carbine/precision rifle

I might start up a poll on WCT so keep checking over there as well.

promise adam and i would be down for any of the 3 just let me know when and which one. I would even be down with alittle speed pistol shooting on steel thrown in their. just not quite ready for the whole 3 gun thing. give me a reason to practice with my xdm 9.

looking forward to seeing you and your pistol in action.

Thanks... will do.

1. Indy Precision
2. Team Precision
3. Team Carbine/Precision - Speaking for myself, the carbine element was actually very cool at the shorter ranges... when running a "bullet hose" as I was, the long stuff got a bit sporadic at best... admittedly, 99% of that was on the shooter.... but that last 1% sure would have helped!
whistle.gif

1. Individual precision
2. Team precision

As for the carbine... I'm MUCH more a fan of run-and-gun carbine stuff than trying to make it a precision-carbine thing. I'd have a lot more fun pouring bullets onto a bunch of targets close up than trying to use the carbine as a "mini precision rifle" and make shots on small steel at 500 yards. The best carbine matches I've shot usually combine run-and-gun at close range with some 8-10 inch steel out to 300 yards. If we did carbine stuff like that, I'd love to see it integrated into a team event.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Market Garden</div><div class="ubbcode-body">1. Individual precision
2. Team precision

As for the carbine... I'm MUCH more a fan of run-and-gun carbine stuff than trying to make it a precision-carbine thing. I'd have a lot more fun pouring bullets onto a bunch of targets close up than trying to use the carbine as a "mini precision rifle" and make shots on small steel at 500 yards. The best carbine matches I've shot usually combine run-and-gun at close range with some 8-10 inch steel out to 300 yards. If we did carbine stuff like that, I'd love to see it integrated into a team event. </div></div>

+1

For JLR's shoot I would love to see:

Team Precision Rifle and Single Precision Rifle

Just to let people know when I throw a shoot together it will be geared directly to Precision Rifle, single and Team.

April 17 and 18
1)dontstrokeme
2)Dafar
3)Don P

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mattj</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm down for May 1st. MG better hope he has his new toy by then!</div></div>

I'm sure hoping! I dropped the stock off at Benchmark yesterday, so they now have all the parts to finish the build.

April 17 & 18

1)dontstrokeme
2)Dafar
3)Don P
4)Bootneck
5)Bigwheels
6)+1 With Bigwheels

May 1 & 2

1)dontstrokeme
2)Market Garden
3)hopps
4)mattj
5)Ryo

These will probably end up being "Simulations"......basicly just running through a match style course to get myself ready for WCT Match. Nothing scribed in stone.

Whew hew!!!!!! yea I called Pac-Nor last night and they said my barreled action would be shipping out today. I have the AI stock and scope, and mounts waiting at home. I managaed to find brass, primers,dies, and powder now all I need to do is find some 6.5 mm 140 grainers and I will be shooting my 260 on the 17th

I could possibly go on the saturday the 17th if their is anybody that could drop me off near tummwater at the end of the day. I know this is a long shot but my wife and 3yr old aren't willing to watch the whole time.

thanks scott

April 17th and 18th

1)dontstrokeme
2)Dafar
3)Don P
4)Bootneck
5)Bigwheels
6)+1 With Bigwheels
7)264Win
8)"Rock Humper"
wink.gif

May 1 & 2

1)dontstrokeme
2)Market Garden
3)hopps
4)mattj
5)Ryo
6)blackwidow

For the 17th we are going to go to a local private range with distance out to 950 yards. While not the Sol Duc this is private and has pretty well guranteed acess for this SHWW group.

Camping is kosher, no electrical power and an outhouse. This private area has livestock on it and their safety is second only to our own safety. This is pack in/ pack out so bring trash bags.

We will be doing some UKD milling with reticles, steel targets, paper if you want but bring your own paper targets and paper hangers if you have them.

I will bring firewood for the clubhouse fireplace but other than that bring what you need to sustain life (including food and water).

More as we get closer. I would like to keep the number of people to around 10.....12 absolute maximum. So chime in now if you are on the fence.

Apparently I am rock humper, makes sense since my wife is pregnant rocks are the only thing I have been able to hump lately.

FINDLAY CUP
I know this is a shot in the dark, but their was a guy their in a red car VW I think, he was parked right next to me and has a uso st10 he was going to sell but I forgot to get his info anybody know who he is or how to contact him.

he is squating next to jim in the pic, man I am horrible with names.

thanks scott (tall skinny guy that can't shoot for shit)

Boulder-molester....
laugh.gif

Count me in... but am I missing something... of have you guys re-arranged the shooting positions? From what I remember, other than the hill, there really wasn't any room to go prone around the "Shed position"......?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bigwheels</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey Joe. I need to know if I can show on Fri, or not. I need to have ferry reservations, & work out the details with the partner. </div></div>

Yeah, you can stay out there Friday night....I have to stay at my house Friday night though, we have a slightly unexpected guest so I need to be home Friday night but I can set you up with a key and directions or maybe even run you out there. You can stay at my house but I only really have street parking and will be tied up most of the evening.

April 17th and 18th

1)TRIBE IS FIRST!!!!!
2)dontstrokeme
3)Max
4)Bootneck
5)Bigwheels
6)+1 With Bigwheels
7)264Win
8)"Rock Humper"
9)+2 With Bigwheels

May 1 & 2