• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Member Link Up SHWW Group

Re: SHWW Group

<span style="color: #FF0000"><span style="font-weight: bold">SPF</span></span>

<span style="text-decoration: line-through">Hey SHWW,

I want to give you guys first dibs and a "head's up" on a sale that I'll soon post on the for sale board.

I have a Bell & Carlson <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #000099">Tactical Medalist A5 Fully Adjustable</span></span> for a <span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #000099">Remington 700 BDL Short Action</span></span></span> for sale. This stock is <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #000099">NEW</span></span> and has <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic"><span style="color: #000099">NEVER been used</span></span></span>.

Yes, I have fondled it many nights (lets not go there!
crazy.gif
) but it has otherwise not been touched or modified and is in perfect condition straight from the factory.

This stock is 2094 Short Action, 23 Gray w/ Black Web as shown at the bottom of the picture.

It cost me $407.24 <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">PLUS</span></span> shipping.

My price is <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #FF0000">$350 delivered</span></span>. If Tribe or Joe Oakes is willing (don't even try to pressure them!) to vouch for you (as in they know you, trust you and know where to track you down at) I'll take a personal check.

However, all others need to do the standard US Postal Service Money Order <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">only</span></span>. No offense intended, I just don't want to put my friends in a bind.

So, here is the stock.

2094-97_22_23_30_19.jpg

2094-23-600x172.jpg

http://www.stockysstocks.com/servlet/the-108/mcmillan-a5-stock-tactical/Detail

2010 MSRP & Special Sale Pricing

All Medalist Adjustable Stocks MSRP <span style="color: #000099">$561.82 </span>
<span style="color: #6666CC">Webs $407.24 </span>

Once again, my price to you is <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #FF0000">$350 delivered</span></span>.</span>

Smokin' deal....

BTW.... you wearing lifts when you shoot that thing!?
laugh.gif
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ranger1183</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dontstrokeme</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is that out of your budget Howa? </div></div>

You mean this guy? A standard Weatherby Vanguard/ Howa 1500 but with a krieger barrel and a Bell & Carlson stock: Yes it is!

reloading3-600x450.jpg

</div></div>

grats on your sell!

and dafar, on load data if your interested, I shoot the 208amax in a 1x12 twist krieger 24'' 308 AR10 @ 2400 fps, 46 gr of RL17 2.830 OAL, CCI large rifle...with 48 grains of RL17 it is pushing them at 2550 but that starts leaving marks in my cases.

Hey SHWW -

I've found several of the articles / blog entries written by German A. Salazar on the "Rifleman's Journal" to be very interesting.

http://riflemansjournal.blogspot.com/

USMC.jpg

Morris Fisher
1920 Olympic Champion 300m Free Rifle
1923 World Champion 300m Free Rifle 3x40 (World Record)
1923 World Champion 300m Free Rifle Kneeling
1923 World Champion 300m Free Rifle Prone (World Record)
1924 World Champion 300m Free Rifle 3x40
1924 Olympic Champion 600m Prone

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bigwheels</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Seems like the 20th shoot is looking like this:

Friday night arrivals:
Bootneck, & Max
DSM, & Hopps

Saturday arrivals:
Market Garden
Rotortuner
TT
Diggler44. & friend?

Possible Sunday shooters:
Tribe

Missing anyone?

</div></div>

Woohoo, I've been upgraded to "definite maybe". If I do make it, I'll be a Saturday arrival with MG.

Dang ranger, I should check this forum more often. Probably a good thing as I'm not really in the position to have bought that stock. How've you guys been? Anyone gonna be shooting down in the south sound area next week? I've got spring break starting tomorrow at 2 so I'm coming home for 10 days
laugh.gif
It would be nice to meet up and do some shooting.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Diggerline59</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dang ranger, I should check this forum more often. Probably a good thing as I'm not really in the position to have bought that stock. How've you guys been? Anyone gonna be shooting down in the south sound area next week? I've got spring break starting tomorrow at 2 so I'm coming home for 10 days
laugh.gif
It would be nice to meet up and do some shooting. </div></div>

SOLD!

<span style="text-decoration: line-through">FWIW,

I'll be posting a (used by me) Super Sniper 3-9x42 FFP MIL/MIL scope for sale soon. Nice scope, but I got pulled over and another ticket so now I'm in need of the money. New these scopes are $599. I'm going to list this one with a set of Leupold rings for $450. The scope has been used but is in very good condition.

ss39x42.jpg

http://swfa.com/SWFA-SS-3-9x42-Tactical-Riflescope-P41044.aspx</span>

I will also be posting my beloved Horus Vision Falcon 5-20x50 scope with the H-25 Illuminated reticle for sale (also used by me). SWFA lists these at $1599. Horus lists these at $1500, but they are a pain to deal with. This scope is in very good condition (no hidden problems) so I'm going to list it at $1,200. For SHWW folks, I'm willing to work with more than when I post it in the for sale section.

hor52025.jpg

http://swfa.com/Horus-5-20x50-Falcon-30mm-Rifle-Scope-P42747.aspx

So, if you or anyone else is interested, let me know.

Now you have me clammering trying to scrape up $450!!!!

If I can't get it together whoever buys this will score like Prom Night. I just paid $550 for a SWFA sample list one with out rings.

Damnin Ranger!!!! We are going to have to make one side of your tires flat so it rides too rough once you hit 55MPH!!!!
laugh.gif

Good score on the SS 3-9 though.

Have you started processing the registrations yet? I sent mine in the day or two after the information was put up, and my check still hasn't been cashed.

<span style="color: #FF0000"><span style="text-decoration: line-through">FWIW,

I'll be posting a (used by me) Super Sniper 3-9x42 FFP MIL/MIL scope for sale soon. Nice scope, but I got pulled over and another ticket so now I'm in need of the money. New these scopes are $599. I'm going to list this one with a set of Leupold rings for $450. The scope has been used but is in very good condition.

http://swfa.com/SWFA-SS-3-9x42-Tactical-Riflescope-P41044.aspx</span></span>

UPDATED, last scope left!

I will also be posting my beloved Horus Vision Falcon 5-20x50 scope with the H-25 Illuminated reticle for sale (also used by me). SWFA lists these at $1599. Horus lists these at $1500, but they are a pain to deal with. This scope is in very good condition (no hidden problems) so I'm going to list it at $1,200. For SHWW folks, I'm willing to work with more than when I post it in the for sale section.

hor52025.jpg

H25-401x600.jpg

http://swfa.com/Horus-5-20x50-Falcon-30mm-Rifle-Scope-P42747.aspx

So, if you or anyone else is interested, let me know.

One week to go. Everyone wishing to show for Bigs Steel challenge, should make sure they have the directions, etc. Let me know if you don't, or if your itinerary had changed.

As it stands I have:
Fri. night arrivals.
Bootneck
Max
DSM
Hopps

Sat.
Market Garden
Rotortuner
TT
Diggler44,+1?
Mattj"definit maybe"
Tribe for sun maybe.

Anyone need to change, or left out?

JTP.... For the carbine guys, would you suggest carrying loose ammo, and loading mags per requirements of a given stage? In other-words, would pre-loaded 30 rounders present a PITA at "mag change" stages? Just working out how/what to carry.

Bigs, as it stands now, I'm planing on booking out there Sun AM.

Thanks,
C

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bigwheels</div><div class="ubbcode-body">One week to go. Everyone wishing to show for Bigs Steel challenge, should make sure they have the directions, etc. Let me know if you don't, or if your itinerary had changed.

As it stands I have:
Fri. night arrivals.
Bootneck
Max
DSM
Hopps

Sat.
Market Garden
Rotortuner
TT
Diggler44,+1?
Mattj"definit maybe"
Tribe for sun maybe.

Anyone need to change, or left out?
</div></div>

I would love to come... PM sent... thanks!

Directions sent.
Be there about 09:00 Will try to get started about 10:00 +/-.
Also, everyone should bring a pen/pencil for score keeping. I have score cards.

I will have 5 FFP's with 1-3 targets for each. A total distance between them will be aprox 1 mile walking distance.(on a rd)
3rnds/target for score. 10 targets total, for 30 rnds.
2 Stages will be UKD targets, & the rest will be KD.
1 Stage will be sitting position, & 1 will be improvised.
Closest target will be 230yds. Longest will be 1200 yds.
Weather forecast stands as sunny, to partly cloudy for Sat. but ground will most certainly be wet/muddy. If I can find my old hunting tarps I may cut some up to place over the worst spots.
Almost forgot. If anyone has a good spotting scope they could bring that would be helpfull.

See you all this weekend.

Sounds like there's going to be about 12 of us up there. Sounds good. We'll probably break into teams of 2-3 so guys can have spotters @ each stage. I have 2 friends coming up to spot for a couple stages.

Tribe. I'll be there. Maybe DSM, & some others too.

Ok opinion question for the day. Illuminated crosshairs are the worth it or not really. I have only had one occasion where it was need and that was at the Jim the Plumber match last year when they did the optional night shoot. Even with the illuminated recticle they had to use a light to illuminate a reflective strip above the target. so what do you guys think?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bigwheels</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Better to have it, & not need it, than to need it, & not have it.</div></div>

Ditto,... I have it,... but have honestly never needed it.
laugh.gif

Ryan

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jim the Plumber</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well out in the middle of eastern Washington's high prarie, on the 27th of the 3rd month of 2010, at about 8:30pm those with out lit recticle's will be crying.... </div></div>

The way I figured it....it was cheaper to put M5 bottom metal and run 10rd mags, than it was to get an illuminated reticle!!!!

Just spray into the night.....
laugh.gif

Hey Bigs....I might have to bag out on Anacortes this weekend. If I get my 7-08 back this week I will be spending any available daylight developing my load. So for me to drive to our local range with 20-30 rds and test them is alot quicker than driving North!!!

So tentativle count me out please....sorry but I gotta get this thing up and running with a load before next weekend.

Well, this is the last day for me to get everything ready before I take off.
Camper loaded
My steel ready
Chain for all the targets, & bolts for the chain. Stands for targets.
A couple helpers to get set up tomorrow AM.
Rifle, & Ammo, & another rifle, & ammo, & pistols, & ammo.
Good weather for the weekend.

See you all up there.

Yes. The match is Sat. I'm going up tomorrow to get things set up, so we can all shoot Sat AM.

Mattj. You are welcome to show up tomorrow if you like, but the match is on SAT. 3/20 @ 09:00. Should be shooting by 10:00

Also. If anyone wants to stay through Sun. I'll be there. Tribe is planning to show up Sun. in the morning.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bigwheels</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes. The match is Sat. I'm going up tomorrow to get things set up, so we can all shoot Sat AM.

Mattj. You are welcome to show up tomorrow if you like, but the match is on SAT. 3/20 @ 09:00. Should be shooting by 10:00

Also. If anyone wants to stay through Sun. I'll be there. Tribe is planning to show up Sun. in the morning.</div></div>

LOL. Friday is dead to me!

Just got a call from Bigwheels... He said that there is a new detour sign up there...

He says to IGNORE IT... it is for something further up.... so stick to the directions provided. Repeat.... IGNORE DETOUR SIGN.

Can another SHWW member run a Quickload for me?

7mm-08 Rem 18" barrel

Max for Varget

Max for IMR4064

Max 4007 Super Short Cut

Max RL17

Using CCI Magnum primers

Looking for a safe point to stay under, I gurantee Iwill knock it back by 2gr. I am loading pressure testing loads currently and am stopping at 39gr of each powder just to be sure but am curious how much can be put in the 7mm-08 case with 162 AMAX.

I am pretty sure 308Win 175gr SMK can run into the 43gr range for Varget....I don't know!!
blush.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dontstrokeme</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I am pretty sure 308Win 175gr SMK can run into the 43gr range for Varget....I don't know!!
blush.gif
</div></div>

My .308 Win / 175gr SMK pet load is 44.5gr of Varget
wink.gif

Big thanks to Biggs(and helpers) for the great day of shooting. Very well put together and organized. The scoring made it competitive which is fun. Looking forward to seeing all the scores posted!

CJG