• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Member Link Up SHWW Group

Re: SHWW Group

just kidding man.

hey tomorrow I go on my yearly man trip 4 days of no wife and kiddies just hangin out in the woods. we shoot alot of 22 and hangun. this year I am bringing my shooting bench and my new 260 I am going to do my barrel break in,load development and chronographing.
The big thing is I am bringing a simple loading setup so I can load for ladder tests and max loads all on the fly without having to go back home first. wish me luck

Just got a few new hats from "Lids"...blank solid colored hats that are sized. Around $16 each and if we get 12 or more for an order they will embroider them for free.

Thinking about some SHWW hats? Maybe for the 1st Rd hit over 1000 yards UKD? We would order the hats based on each members hat size and then have qualifications to earn your hat. You would pay up front then would get the hat after you made the shot.

Might be a reason to buy a 338LM Rotor!!!
laugh.gif

May 1st

1)dontstrokeme
2)Market Garden
3)hopps
4)mattj
5)Ryo

This will be at the range closer to Joyce with the 950 yard max shot.....but it does have a 25 yards for those needing to confirm 25 yards dope for the Steel Challange.

I have a sister coming into town on the 2nd and will not be able to make the shoot on the 2nd.....those that want to make a weekend of it should still be able to.

Let me know if we should expect anybody else.

Joe Don and I will be there on May 1rst as well.Please let me know if we are going to met at the usual parking lot and at what time.

Is this the place with the two nice range houses or is this another outdoor area? public or Private?

Well I shot the 260 this weekend. I think I have alot more reload work up to do but my initial findings gave me a 140 grain amax with 43 grains of rl 17 in a remington case at 2780 FPS. it grouped at about 3/4 to just at 1 moa. to be honest I was hoping for a little better, but the rifle is still just breaking in

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tribe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm sensing a calm before the storm..... muuuuhahahaahahahaa::ack::ahaahhaa </div></div>

Dude!!! Ever since you switched religions and run the "Monk" Status you have been very vauge and foreboding......and it seems that you are talking in poetry....storms....sunscreen!!!! WTH?

laugh.gif

You gonna make it this saturday?

market I just did a bucnk of workup using rl 17, dont waste your time down at 39 grains start at about 41.5 and go up in .3 increments. (I am using remington brass)I got up to 43.5 and no pressure signs. currently my load is 43 grains of rl 17 turning out 2789fps and I still have some work ups to do

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: diggler44</div><div class="ubbcode-body">how many of you guys are practicing this weekend for the match on the 15th?</div></div>
As opposed to..........?
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dontstrokeme</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yesser....gotta go back and confirm my problem was entirely H2O related and find a 25 yard zero!!!!</div></div>
Ya dude.... there is NO WAY your problem is entirely H2O related...
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: diggler44</div><div class="ubbcode-body">how many of you guys are practicing this weekend for the match on the 15th? </div></div>I will be if Benchmark gets me my rifle in time.
grin.gif

I will make sure to go in to benchmark and delay them somehow.

Tribe
just wanted to know if anybody local was going out in case I had a chance to get out of the house.

by the way what the hell to you need a 25yd zero for? I thought the closest targets were 100yds at the match?

I won't be able to hook up for anything cool... probably just Sat evening at the local range (plus tonight... and likely Friday night.... and.....)

How's 'T' and his sorry, no-internet-ass coming along?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dontstrokeme</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I remeber the RO on the close hostage at Findlay Cup mention that the Steel Challange had a 25 yard shot, and I thought I saw it in the match thread. </div></div>

You can just dial up for it. Run it through a ballistic calculator and see what number you get. From a 100 yard zero, I should be dialing up 1.6 mils for instance.

Trued 700 action
Benchmark 3 groove, 8 twist, 24" barrel chambered in .260Rem
McMillan A5
CDI bottom metal
Badger FTE brake

This is my rifle for the match next weekend. I'm excited.

sweet rifle now all you have to do is work up a good load and verify the load out to 1200yards to match your drop chart. sounds like fun to me I just did it with my 284 that benchmark built for me. I pretty much guarentee success if you roll with 139gr scenars and H4350 with br2's. I have seen that combo work out of many different 260's.

FWIW - Here is a .260 Remington load that has worked very well for me.

Cartridge................. = .260 Remington
Projectile type........... = .264, 142, Sierra HPBT MatchK 1742 with boattail
Groove caliber (in)= 0.264
Length of cartridge (in)= 2.800
Length of case (in)= 2.035
Propellant type........... = Alliant Reloder-17
Charge weight..........(gr)= 41.7
Muzzle velocity ......Ve = 2858 fps

Thanks.
smile.gif
I'm currently shooting 140 VLDs, but I had intended to pick up some 142 SMKs tomorrow for testing on Sunday. Also, RL-17 is my choice of powders, so your recipe is very relevant and timely for me!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Market Garden</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Look what followed me home today.
grin.gif

DSC_2706.jpg
</div></div>

Did Rick put that together?

What match is on the 15th?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Salmonaxe</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Market Garden</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Look what followed me home today.
grin.gif

DSC_2706.jpg
</div></div>

Did Rick put that together?

What match is on the 15th? </div></div>

This one was built by Benchmark Barrels. The match on the 15th is the Steel Challenge.

I am running Nosler. I just got back from testing for OCW at the local range. The first pressure signs I saw were at 43.9 grains of RL-17, but I'm seating my bullets to a OAL of 2.9xx (I'd have to go look to be exact.) I haven't chrono'd these yet, but the same setup at 24.4 grains gave me an average of 2714, so I should be significantly faster than that with the loads I tested today. I'm happy to report too that the 142 SMK seems to shoot very well no matter what you do to it.