• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Member Link Up SHWW Group

Re: SHWW Group

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hopps</div><div class="ubbcode-body">you got 2714 with 24.4 grains? o_O

</div></div>

Oops. I meant 42.4.

Hey Ranger, I still dont get it. last night I shot two 5 shot groups over the chrono. the rounds were identical except for the primers and here were the results

remington 260 brass
140 grain amax
43.6 grains of rl17

first group of 5 velocity with federal 210 primers average 2790

second group 5 shot average 2801

your using 3 grains less of the same powder and getting 50fps more?????

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DAFAR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey Ranger, I still dont get it. last night I shot two 5 shot groups over the chrono. the rounds were identical except for the primers and here were the results

remington 260 brass
140 grain amax
43.6 grains of rl17

first group of 5 velocity with federal 210 primers average 2790

second group 5 shot average 2801

your using 3 grains less of the same powder and getting 50fps more????? </div></div>

Hey Dafar. No I'm not getting that velocity with that load. Sorry that my post was misleading. I made the mistake of including the "pie in the sky" muzzle velocity that QuickLoad calculates when I work up loads.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ranger1183</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Cartridge................. = .260 Remington
Projectile type........... = .264, 142, Sierra HPBT MatchK 1742 with boattail
Groove caliber (in)= 0.264
Length of cartridge (in)= 2.800
Length of case (in)= 2.035
Propellant type........... = Alliant Reloder-17
Charge weight..........(gr)= 41.7
<span style="text-decoration: line-through"><span style="color: #FF0000">Muzzle velocity ......Ve = 2858 fps</span></span> </div></div>

However, that load proved very accurate for me. Just not that fast (i never used a chrony on that load).

Primers: what primers you use can make a huge difference. I don't pick a particular primer for speed but I go for consistancy instead. I use match grade primers, most of them are CCI BR4 or Federal 210M primers. I believe they help, but I have no hard data on which brand does exactly what when in terms of velocity.

OK. Now that the 5/15 Match is over. I'm now officially in the mood to start another Big's Steel Challenge. I'll begin scouting the area again for target placement soon, & let you all know when it will happen. (BTW. I'll be easier on us than Carl T was. Well maybe not.)
whistle.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bigwheels</div><div class="ubbcode-body">OK. Now that the 5/15 Match is over. I'm now officially in the mood to start another Big's Steel Challenge. I'll begin scouting the area again for target placement soon, & let you all know when it will happen. (BTW. I'll be easier on us than Carl T was. Well maybe not.)
whistle.gif
</div></div>

IN!

I am in as well.

When are you thinking Bigs? I want to get a group of about 15 -20 guys together for a match near Joyce...probably near end of june early july. But if you pick a weekend first then I can avoid yours. It might end up being a newer shooter type of match with lots of learning since we would need experienced shooters as RSOs. Sort of where an experienced team would shoot a stage first for no score, then spot for the newbie guys and advise. Sort of a learn how by demonstration. Hopefully get about 5-6 stages..... so if you can pick a weekend Bigs I will set a date after that, and put up a beginners match in WA thread.

If you guys really want to make your matches realistic their needs to be an entry fee even if really small say $10-20 and give the winnings to top finishers. Pride is a motivator for shooting well, but it always helps to have money on the line also to get your heart rate going just like it is in the other matches. I don't know about you guys but I can tell you for sure the big matches put alot more pressure on me and I shoot noticeably worse than in practice. It would be cool even if top prize would be $50 just enough to make you get the old heart pumping.

Just food for thought.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bigwheels</div><div class="ubbcode-body">OK. Now that the 5/15 Match is over. I'm now officially in the mood to start another Big's Steel Challenge. I'll begin scouting the area again for target placement soon, & let you all know when it will happen. (BTW. I'll be easier on us than Carl T was. Well maybe not.)
whistle.gif
</div></div>

In! ...if the Vortex PST's are available by then (have my IOR up for sale -- want to take care of this ring positioning thing). If not, I'd be happy to just help out with the match.

Actually, I was planning on an entry fee this time. Even if it's just enough to cover my costs for driving up there several times for scouting, & set up. A prize for 1st place would also be in order. I'll also want to have some more steel on hand too. Especially some lighter stuff for the long ranges.
wink.gif

I would also like to have RSO's for the stages with scopes to call hits/misses, & keep score. I'm also thinking again of some pistol stages too this time.(Safety would be everyone's individual responsibility)
whistle.gif

Looking at July 17 & 18 for the Too Tall Challange. Come over Friday 16th evening and camp, camp again Saturday night...shoot or leave Sunday. Food for Saturday night provided with fee yet to be determined. I figure around 15-20 guys in teams of two. Please let me know via Pm if you can make it.....more to come.

Biggs if this conflicts with your shoot I can do 10 & 11 of july just as easily.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ranger1183</div><div class="ubbcode-body">shot my DPMS SASS with a Krieger .260 and got the following results. It's having some teething problems that have to be sorted out, but overall it looks very promising.

3rd_group_fired-600x544.jpg

</div></div>
Good to see you're back in the saddle!

Well, my 300 needs a new barrel now. After some testing for groups over last weekend. It only holds 2"+ @ 200 yds now. Going to order a Kreiger from Bruno's, & get it installed asap. Still trying to decide on a brake. May be determined by availability of said brake. I can't wait verry long to get the rifle back up, & running. Also should have my Manners T5-A in a couple weeks now. So, basically rebuild time.

At this point the Too Tall Challange will consist of:

Fee: $60
Max shooters: 16 shooters
Time: July 16th Camp at range, July 17th Match, Camp at range, July 18th Free run of course (Can run free course on 17th if we finish early
Max round count: 68 rifle and 12 pistol
Calibers accepted: 300 Win Mag and less
Range: Less than 1000 yards....or not
wink.gif

Time Limits: Time limits will vary from stage to stage and will be a soft limit...loss of points for a set amount of time over the limit. Mainly to keep the flow moving.
BBQ Dinner included for July 17th (no pickey eaters...there will be meat, sauce and more meat
wink.gif
)

At this point I would like to keep it to around 16 shooters, I will need to get 2 RSO's with spotters, 2 RSO"s with Bino's....and an RSO for the pistol stage. There are 6 stages designed so far, more will probably follow so don't slouch on the ammo!!!

I do not plan on shooting with the group so I will RSO and spot hits for a stage, but if you are inbetween rifles or don't want to shoot we would love to have you as an RSO. RSO's will eat free at least!

This will be individualy scored/won match.

Providing we get the full 16 people the purse will be spread as such:
1st Place: $150
2nd Place: $100
3rd Place: $50

I am in the process of finding Snipers Hide vendors for donations for the prize table.

The rest of the fee will be used towards targets and after the match the group can decide wether to donate the surplus to Camp Patriot or re-invest the money into the range and build a bigger and better match.

So far we have:
1)Tribe
2)Market Garden
3)Bootneck
4)Lucas Beitner
5)Cody Beitner
6)Ron Sinnema
7)longeyes
8)bigsteve
9)264Win
10)diggler44
11)bk chilton
12)kettle falls danny
13)Mulehunter
14)
15)
16)

RSO's:
1)dontstrokeme
2)Bigwheels
3)hopps
4)
5)

PM me if you have any questions or would like to come to the Mini-Match.

1 moa is Not good enough. I have been wanting to rebarrel for a while anyway, & 1moa @ about 2K rnds with a 300WM. It's time. It used to shoot .3moa. I ordered a 29" 1 in 10" tw Kreiger, & will probably have the guys @ Benchmark do it up with a brake. Hope to have it done by mid july so I can get 'er broke in, & tuned for bear season.
So, Joe, I might be able to RSO for ya. I'll know for sure later on.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tribe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Whoa.... Joe... wow... have you taken your temperature lately?
whistle.gif
</div></div>

Is that good or bad?
confused.gif

This is the shit my head thinks of as I go to sleep...have to keep a pen and pad on nightstand. Then I have to decifer the blindly written scratch in the morning. But we should have no problems running these 6 stages and probably some more with the area we have to use. We will do a run through before hand to verify that it can be done 100% safely.

Beauty about it being private is we can leave it up as we get it built...then myself and land owner can run through and get the bugs out.....hopefully!

Dude... I think it's great.... yooos just crazy man!
grin.gif

I've read that Salvador Dali would fall asleep with a spoon in his hand.... he would dangle it out over a plate.... and as he reached that "sleepy place" the spoon would drop, clatter on the plate, startling him awake... and in that "semi-dream" state, he would rise and paint... maybe that explains all of the melting clocks.... curious what your COF will look like!
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dontstrokeme</div><div class="ubbcode-body">At this point it is just a change up from rifle, and only one mag change. Basicly enough to make you change positions. I am asking a local Cowboy Action shooter to RSO the stage so it might grow. </div></div>

I heard you had to shoot it from sitting on top of a live horse.

we will have a forklift standing by to lift anyone up that can't climb on the horse under their own power.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DAFAR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">DAm My sister and law and nephew are flying out from the East coast that week. </div></div>

Bring them along?
smile.gif

You might hit up Nick Painter, username on the hide Hasgunwilltravel, grandrivertactical.com

He sews a custom mat/bag that is nice. Good guy, or bootneck got the email of a guy in Oregon that was building small foldable cases for AICS 2.0 folders himself and seemed to be able to make anything as well. PM Mike (bootneck) and see what the Oregon guy's email was.

Didn't you run the Blackhawk bag with your ABS 260?

Thought I saw 2 Blackhawk mat/bags in the FS section.