• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Member Link Up SHWW Group

Re: SHWW Group

If your using it for both mat & bag, I have never regretted the HSRC.... I have seen a lot of other bag/mat combos, that I'm glad belonged to the other guy.....
wink.gif

Hey all,
Anyone know of a good place to shoot out in the woods off Hwy 410. I live in Buckley so there's gotta be something past Enumclaw or in the Wilkinson/Carbonado area. I just don't know where and where I wouldn't bother anyone. Thanks!

A few more spots available....please PM me for my mailing address. Please include your email so I can contact you if need be.

Please have fees in before July 1.

1)Tribe
2)Market Garden
3)Bootneck
4)Lucas Beitner
5)Cody Beitner
6)Ron Sinnema
7)longeyes
8)bigsteve
9)264Win
10)diggler44
11)bk chilton
12)kettle falls danny
13)Captian Kirk
14)Jerry from benchmark
15)Mulehunter
16)

RSO's:
1)dontstrokeme
2)Bigwheels
3)hopps
4)Doc Neely
5)Don

My Kreiger barrel showed up today.
smile.gif
Tomorrow I remove my scope, etc. & get it ready for Benchmark to do the work. Now if my Manners would show up soon...
Just got back from the last days of turkey season. No turkeys, but LOT'S of deer. Usual. Deer during turkey season, & turkeys during deer season.

Hey Guys, Don and I are down in Bremerton and we are always looking for closer places to shoot. I have heard there was another clearing to shoot in just over the hood canal bridge. does anyone know anything about it?

Dafar....I belive the main good clearings west of the canal are all private timber companies and very very highway visable....I am sure there spots similar to the solduc but I do not know of any East of Sequim.

RSO's might be running the stages as well....possibly as pods with RSO showing how the course should look then spotting...who knows!!

BTW.......night shoot.
wink.gif

I'm in the planning stages for another Big's Steel Challenge, but I don't have a date set yet.
I'm also rifle-less for a while as I just dropped it off @ Benchmark to be rebarreled.
cry.gif
I don't know how long I can hold on without by baby.
blush.gif
All will be well when I get it back, & bed the new stock. I won't even recognise her any more. I guess I'll have to take her out on a few dates soon to get to know her again.
smile.gif

The pistol stage should get a final decision todayh after I talk to the Cowboy guy today. If you do not have a pistol you can use my Ruger P94 in 40S&W for the cost of the ammo. It is a big ol sucker but runs fine.

We can almost always throw a SolDuc trip together....is there call for a trip to the Sol Duc?

i also have a xdm 9mm that i can bring and anybody can use if they want just bring some bulk 9mm ammo it shoots everything pretty well.

Joe add Jerry from benchmark to the list also for the shoot I talked to him yesterday and he said he coming also.

I'm shocked!!! The guys @ Benchmark called to ask a question about the finish on my new barrel I dropped of to them on Fri. & told me it will be finished TODAY!!! I can't get it tomorrow, but I'll get it on Wed. Now thats what I call service above, & beyond the call of duty! The stock will ship out on thurs. too, so I can have it together & ready by the end of the month.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bigwheels</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm shocked!!! The guys @ Benchmark called to ask a question about the finish on my new barrel I dropped of to them on Fri. & told me it will be finished TODAY!!! I can't get it tomorrow, but I'll get it on Wed. Now thats what I call service above, & beyond the call of duty! The stock will ship out on thurs. too, so I can have it together & ready by the end of the month. </div></div>

So you are the 16th shooter?

Wow! Nice...

I see longeyes is on that list, but don't recall seein' hide nor hair of him lately.... what's up there, secret squirrel???

DSM... has F9 Wine PM'd you or anything.... he was talking about showing up with The Sheriff, and playing the role of spotter/cooky/whatever.....?

Well since you are an official Gun Whore!!!!

The COF will have all of the above except for the 32 consectiuve barrel burners like Kettle Falls! Paper, steel, UKD, Known, Sitting, Kneeling, Prone, Standing, Improvised.....it will be a day of challanges for most.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: diggler44</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well I traded the 284 barreled action that was in this so I will now be selling the stock and bottom metal. </div></div>

I am talleying up round counts tonight and will run out there this weekend and try to get a lay of the targets.....very upset currently since I booged somthing in my heel and get pain when I step uneven or take long steps.....good weather with shit to do and I tweak somthing stupid like my heel bone!

How many people do not have a pistol they are comfortable shooting?

Hey Guys,
I've been busy lately. Working long hours and on my off time I rebuilt part of my deck and did a bedding/accurizing job on my newest acquisition, an M1A cus I'm on the WA postal match team--this should be interesting--the match is iron sights off hand

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: longeyes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey Guys,
I've been busy lately. Working long hours and on my off time I rebuilt part of my deck and did a bedding/accurizing job on my newest acquisition, an M1A cus I'm on the WA postal match team--this should be interesting--the match is iron sights off hand </div></div>

Not a "match" chamber is it????
shocked.gif

Hey fellas.... FWIW, got to shoot with some great guys yesterday, out in my vision of paradise... areas unknown on the dry side...
wink.gif

Anyway, watched the guy who invited me, put a couple of 750gr rounds on 3' balloons at 2,300yds! Two balloons - third shot each! Man the flight time at that range is crazy... I was spotting, and every time, just before impact, I was about to say "Don't know man.... didn't see it...." then... POP. Fricken' great!
grin.gif

Saw a guy put a 6.5mm round on a 13" plate at 1,200yds - OUT OF A BOLT ACTION PISTOL!
whistle.gif

Got to take my licks at a Mile with my 300wm... actually 1,866yds (had to have that extra 100yds to clear the tree line we were shooting over)... Never got a damn hit, but sure did scare the piss out of that steel plate.... In my defense, it WAS a 10"H x 17"W plate.... not exactly a large target.... in heavy mirage... and MULTIPLE wind currents... and... well... I can't come up with any other excuses!
wink.gif
But let me tell you... Impacts are smaaaaaaaaaaall, and rather uneventful at that range.
crazy.gif

Coolest personal feat of the day... showed up late - went about 20 miles down unmaintained dirt roads - to a LOCKED gate, about 3-4 miles from my destination
mad.gif
Turned around and went round about another 1.5 hrs to get to the spot! Said hello... got the lay of the land, laid out my gear... Got my zen on... put first round of the day on a the 13" plate at 1,200yds - about a .7 mil wind read... I was real tempted at that point, to pack-up my crap, and head home
laugh.gif

Hopefully some of those guys I met yesterday, jump in here, with our little group.

Yeah... you would have really liked this spot.

Indeed, there was a good many rounds that would have popped some 3' balloons... Problem is, it was a Pro-Duc-Tion to get the targets out there... and if you hit the balloon, it pops - one and you're done.

You know me.... I was SURE I was going to be ringing that steel
laugh.gif
... so, of course, I wanted something I could shoot repeatably! I do believe though, I am gaining a better understanding of the term "effective range" in relation to a rifle system....
wink.gif

Lets see if this works.... My "host" let me light off a couple of rounds.... Can't really see much, other than the lay of the land, the recoil & the muzzle blast of this beast...

1866 yards to the bottom of the clearing across the way... 2,300 at the top right of that clearing... the balloons were gone at this point...

Hi everybody,

Tribe introduced me to your particular forum. I am the "host" that brought Tribe out last weekend with the cannon.

I was bummed that tribe wasn't able to get the steel ringer with the 300WM but like he said there were some factors not in his favor.

I have a few other pictures of the place we were shooting.

Here is a shot thru the scope of the remaining balloon.

P1000570.jpg

Zoomed out view after shooting one baloon. If you look
about in the middle of the photo you will see a small white dot. That was 2300 yards.

P1000569.jpg

Rotating camera 90 degrees clockwise

P1000579.jpg

There were a few steel targets out there. 300 yard, 548 yard, 838 yard and 1200 yards. Tribe was making the 1200 yard plate his bitch with a first shot hit... Very Impressive.