• 12 Hours Left: Use code HIDE40 to get 40% off subscriptions

You've got until midnight to get 40% off. Pick your plan below!

Subscribe

Rifle Scopes SnipersHide/SWFA SS HD 5-20x50 GroupBuy

Re: SnipersHide/SWFA SS HD 5-20x50 GroupBuy

I'm dreaming big! And working on it too!

I just walked my mom, 86 years old (technically grandmother), through liking it. Now she's all over the page looking at pics.
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: m1k3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm dreaming big! And working on it too!

I just walked my mom, 86 years old (technically grandmother), through liking it. Now she's all over the page looking at pics.
smile.gif

</div></div>

Awesome. Gotta let her throw a few down range now with the scope and take a pic. Then post that bad boy in the photo gallery. (but might want to put it on the .22 for the pic ;))

I'd love to but she probably wouldn't go. My dad (grandfather, 90 this December) goes with me all the time. There were pics of us shooting his father's Army Issued 1911 a while back somewhere around here. We shooting .22's nearly every weekend. I'll get a pic of him shooting through a new SS. He likes the new PST too.

He doesn't like my NF with the NP1-RR reticle. He gets confused on which cross to look at. I should create a site just for his reviews. He has interesting opinions and thoughts.

Way I understand it....you can preorder anytime you want.....First day it would have been at MSRP.....now you can use each code as they unlock....So first it was 100 off, then 200, then 300, now I believe we are at 400.

May or may not get to 500, but you can however order when you are ready using the current code, and those codes will expire 30 days after they are unlocked.

Thanks for the help. I see SH listed on my profile page. Do you know if that is how everyone will be notified of the coupon?

Thanks. I'm a newbee on face book (thanks to this post)

Jeff

You'll know from this thread, the Facebook page, CNN, Fox News etc. Maybe not the last two but, you'll know. You can also subscribe to the Sniper's Hide news letter on the homepage. Bottom of the page.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: m1k3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You'll know from this thread, the Facebook page, CNN, Fox News etc. Maybe not the last two but, you'll know. You can also subscribe to the Sniper's Hide news letter on the homepage. Bottom of the page.</div></div>

Had me going for second there, CNN? What? I need to take my time and read the rest of the sentence.

Curious -- when it gets to 5k, and I order, and then a week from now it gets to 10k, did I miss out on the free rings? Or does it apply retro?

Basically what I'm asking is whether I sit here another 7-10 days waiting for (potentially) 10k, or can I just order after 5k and then I'll get whatever is the maximum discount?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mark21</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Curious -- when it gets to 5k, and I order, and then a week from now it gets to 10k, did I miss out on the free rings? Or does it apply retro?

Basically what I'm asking is whether I sit here another 7-10 days waiting for (potentially) 10k, or can I just order after 5k and then I'll get whatever is the maximum discount? </div></div>

There is a different coupon code for each level, it's not retroactive....

basically you have 30 days after the coupon is activated. so once it hits 5k, mark it and start counting. if at 28 days they are no where near close to 10k mark, go ahead and order the scope. if they are close wait for the 29th day and if for some strange reason it doesn't make it to 10k then order. if it does you can use that coupon code. pretty simple stuff. no need to complicate it
smile.gif

am i the only one that sees this group buy and thinks about the fact that there is atleast a 33% markup on SS scopes?? thats damn near TV and mattress markup percentages!haha!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Charger442</div><div class="ubbcode-body">am i the only one that sees this group buy and thinks about the fact that there is atleast a 33% markup on SS scopes?? thats damn near TV and mattress markup percentages!haha! </div></div>

Let me guess you have no experience in retail business correct ?
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Charger442</div><div class="ubbcode-body">am i the only one that sees this group buy and thinks about the fact that there is atleast a 33% markup on SS scopes?? thats damn near TV and mattress markup percentages!haha!</div></div>

Perfect! That makes their markup about 20% less than any other scope maker!! Thanks for pointing that out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Charger442</div><div class="ubbcode-body">am i the only one that sees this group buy and thinks about the fact that there is atleast a 33% markup on SS scopes?? thats damn near TV and mattress markup percentages!haha!</div></div>

Perfect! That makes their markup about 20% less than any other scope maker!! Thanks for pointing that out. </div></div>

Exactly. I WANT SWFA to make money on the Super Sniper scopes. If they do not, there is no reason for them to make and sell us these great scopes. I was going to sell my SS10XHD to buy this scope but at such a great price that the SS10XHD is, there's no way I'm going to let that go. I'll just have to build another rifle for that to go onto!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Charger442</div><div class="ubbcode-body">am i the only one that sees this group buy and thinks about the fact that there is atleast a 33% markup on SS scopes?? thats damn near TV and mattress markup percentages!haha!</div></div>

Perfect! That makes their markup about 20% less than any other scope maker!! Thanks for pointing that out.</div></div>

No kidding. Please point out a better deal if you see one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: m1k3</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Charger442</div><div class="ubbcode-body">am i the only one that sees this group buy and thinks about the fact that there is atleast a 33% markup on SS scopes?? thats damn near TV and mattress markup percentages!haha!</div></div>

Perfect! That makes their markup about 20% less than any other scope maker!! Thanks for pointing that out.</div></div>

No kidding. Please point out a better deal if you see one. </div></div>

Whew! Hit a nerve huh? Didn't think you Fellas would get so personally offended. I never said it wasn't a great deal, hell, I'm gonna buy one at 5k.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Charger442</div><div class="ubbcode-body">am i the only one that sees this group buy and thinks about the fact that there is atleast a 33% markup on SS scopes?? thats damn near TV and mattress markup percentages!haha! </div></div>

Considering the deal that SWFA and Frank worked out for us and only us why the fuck would you post that.

How many companies out there would give such a great deal on a BRAND NEW product thats not even on the streets yet.......

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Truckman11</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Charger442</div><div class="ubbcode-body">am i the only one that sees this group buy and thinks about the fact that there is atleast a 33% markup on SS scopes?? thats damn near TV and mattress markup percentages!haha! </div></div>

Considering the deal that SWFA and Frank worked out for us and only us why the fuck would you post that.

How many companies out there would give such a great deal on a BRAND NEW product thats not even on the streets yet....... </div></div>

What he said.

I'm seeing more college money for the kids and a SS HD for my 243 AI.

What's not to like?

Had you stopped to consider the reasoning behind getting many thousands of “likes” on Facebook before offering such discounts? Do you realize the potential financial returns of the exercise? I’m going to guess the deal wasn’t set up that way as a big circlejerk just to mess with people but there were probably very specific reasons for it. Those discounts aren’t coming out of thin air.

Perfect! That makes their markup about 20% less than any other scope maker!! Thanks for pointing that out. </div></div>

What he said. No STFU and get out of our thread.

And if you think TV's and mattresses are enjoying anything less than a 100-200% mark up, you're in fantasy land...

While I feel facebook is evil and I refuse to have one, my wife now like snipershide.

Also wondering if anyone has one of these scopes? How do they compare to nightforce, vortex, IOR, etc.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: crackerbacks</div><div class="ubbcode-body">While I feel facebook is evil and I refuse to have one, my wife now like snipershide.

Also wondering if anyone has one of these scopes? How do they compare to nightforce, vortex, IOR, etc..... </div></div>

I have a 10XHD. The glass was definitely better than the older non-HD version. Compared to a Viper PST 2.5-10X that I have, the glass is definitely better on the SS. I felt that the first time I looked through them, and I double-checked yesterday morning because I had some time. Things are just more clear and the colors come out a litte better with the SS. I can make out more details with the SS than the PST at 10X.

Vs a Nightforce that my friend has, at 10X I would say the glass is just as good. I cannot tell the difference while at the range. Probably too close to call.

The wait is killing me!!!!!! Im going to try and wait for 10k as long as possible. I'm seriously considering buying 2 or 4... just to have them for future builds lol.

Are you from China? if SWFA doesn't turn a decent profit from this, they won't be there in the future to produce even better optics at very decent prices. Good luck to them, they're looking after shooters and I hope they turn a very good profit from this. They are taking all the risk on this and I'm impressed by the marketing strategy. It's a win/win for seller and buyer.

Hopefully some of my "friends" help us out. Pretty sure the lefty wives won't but maybe their husbands will pull their balls out of the purse and help us out.

Is there a timeframe for when the promotion ends (i.e. if/when they stop watching the facebook "likes" and stop activating the next coupon code in line?)

I'm fairly certain they won't watch the counter forever, especially as the rate appears to have slowed...

many of you are getting overly defensive, which is good for business with SWFA and for the Hide for that matter, and it means their marketing strategy is working to a "T". SWFA should be proud of that and happy to see it! they are creating loyal and die-hard customers by doing what a business should do, and that is make a profit. you get upset because i called a spade a spade, but it doesnt really matter. they are making a profit, generating interest in a product that has not yet hit the market, and raising Snipershide.com's "like" number on the biggest social media website in the world. i applaud them for that and their marketing strategy and I am happy to see they are making as much profit as the market will dictate.

but i will not thank them for doing what they should be doing, which is bettering their business and selling product. i will simply congratulate them on successfully marketing a product and making many many consumers buy something they didnt know they were in the market for.

as i stated before, i am falling into the latter category... come on 5000!

Why even bother calling a "spade' a "spade" in this case, do you go into Best Buy and comment to them how much money they are making on any given product or special ? How about Jewelry stores with a 300% mark up...

Is there even a point of your speculative drivel in this situation given that it sincerely benefits the end user because the retail price is certainly set, and the fact that after more than a week of working with SWFA I was able to negotiate not only a good price, but one that helps both of us. Trust me when I say, this was not happening without SH, so the alternative would have been endless advertising at a cost to SWFA, which in turn would have translated to 1/5 of the discount you are seeing now. They could have easily said, intro price, $1299 and moved on down the road...

You, Charger, and people like you are the reason you don't see more SH Backed GROUP BUYs, because you ruin each and every one of them. I have the ability to do things like this with a lot of companies, believe they offer and originally that is why I added the Group Buy section on this site. To use my ability to work with companies to benefit its members. But instead I pretty much refuse to do them because of people like you who want to call a spade a spade... It will probably be another 4 years before i bother to do it again. Get the taste of you out of my mouth.

You're awesome keep on calling a spade a spade... I predict it will carry you far.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kiba</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is there a timeframe for when the promotion ends...
I'm fairly certain they won't watch the counter forever,
</div></div>
$500 off and free rings sometime around Christmas 2012.
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kiba</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is there a timeframe for when the promotion ends (i.e. if/when they stop watching the facebook "likes" and stop activating the next coupon code in line?)

I'm fairly certain they won't watch the counter forever, especially as the rate appears to have slowed...
</div></div>

this statement is not accurate......i have been following this from the beginning. Snipershide was getting about 400 new likes a day (evidenced by math in days to reach 10,000 from a previous post). Snipershide got over 700 new likes today. That is a substantial building of momentum, not a slowing. Try to know the facts.

forgot the answer to your question. Once a discount code is released, it is good for 30 days. 30 days after the discount code comes out after we reach 10,000 likes, the sale will be over.

I say "we" intentionally. Snipershide and SWFA have put together a program that draws us all in and makes us feel like we are a bigger part of the SWFA and Snipershide community...........props to you guys.