• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Stock Market

Someone mentioned about buffet and his apple sell.

Google has just been labeled a monopoly by the courts. He may be thinking Apple is next. Microsoft had their turn on this merry go round as well.

One time, just as I was sitting down to enjoy my morning coffee, I watched a guy launch himself off a building and right into the Trinity Graveyard. No damage to anyone, only to the top of Alexander Hamilton’s gravestone. It was both a sad and apropos ending.

• Wow
Reactions: LRRPF52
I got an article on AI that I will post if I can find if again. I started reading it and accidentally closed the window.

To be honest, I have read a few that scared the hell out of me. And it was about stuff they did many years back.
https://situational-awareness.ai/

LONG read.

Some good info in the silent partners link. Gotta look past some of the hype

Last edited:
1722963493059.png

The most extraordinary techno-capital acceleration has been set in motion. As AI revenue grows rapidly, many trillions of dollars will go into GPU, datacenter, and power buildout before the end of the decade. The industrial mobilization, including growing US electricity production by 10s of percent, will be intense.

A wise man might take some time to understand what’s being said in that one small paragraph.

Three different trades in there.

I just put in a limit order for DIS in the high $60.00’s. Their 52w low is around $78.00, but it’s like watching someone descending from addicted meth head into turning tricks behind the 7-11 for a Slurpee. The downturn is predictable.

Reactions: NoDopes
Received a bank market update today.

Net charge-offs of Major U.S. Banks are accelerating and are at the highest levels since at least Q1'17. For reference, Q1'22 was $2.6B while Q2'24 came in at $8.6B.

i watched a cnbc rick santelli interview with someone….rick maintained the sell off was sparked by the japan carry trade blowing up

last 5 secs of this vid…but i know nada.

Or….

You could make that in an ice option that people might actually buy.

There is an ICE option on the way. It's a turbo I6 which is going to piss off the traditionalists, but Mopar fans should be happy that the Stellantis mothership is throwing them a bone of any sort.

The Tesla fans told me that my fossil-fuel cars would be obsolete and worthless by 2030, and yet my 12-year-old musclecar has depreciated less than a two-year-old Model X. Weird.

There is an ICE option on the way. It's a turbo I6 which is going to piss off the traditionalists, but Mopar fans should be happy that the Stellantis mothership is throwing them a bone of any sort.

The Tesla fans told me that my fossil-fuel cars would be obsolete and worthless by 2030, and yet my 12-year-old musclecar has depreciated less than a two-year-old Model X. Weird.
I’ll take the other side of that ev forecast at a x3 please.

Received a bank market update today.

Net charge-offs of Major U.S. Banks are accelerating and are at the highest levels since at least Q1'17. For reference, Q1'22 was $2.6B while Q2'24 came in at $8.6B.
I’ve been looking at the market sectors most affected by charge-offs trying to make sense of it.

Anyone have an accurate take on the break-down between C&I, Auto, Personal Credit, etc.?

A lot of the hits I’m getting are manipulated to go to FRED or outdated hits, so I set the time range for more recent and still am not getting good data.

Wallstreet Breakfast: An electric vehicle blaze in South Korea is sparking questions as well as talk about new rules for the industry. A major fire on Aug. 1 that took eight hours to put out - and destroyed or damaged about 140 cars - was found to have been caused by an unplugged Mercedes-Benz EV (OTCPK:MBGYY) that was parked below a residential building. In fact, over 600 such fires have occurred in underground parking lots in the country over the past decade. South Korean officials are now weighing whether to require electric vehicle makers to disclose their battery brands at a time when EV sales growth is slowing globally.

With electricity prices half that of the US but gasoline prices around 30% higher, why would this be any surprise to anyone? In China, when combined with lower miles traveled per day, EVs actually make economic and practical sense.
Please tell me more about the impracticalities of:

- United States, the average miles driven per person is about 30.1 miles

- China, the average miles driven per person is about 20 miles

That’s still a 50% increase, while ignoring the fact the US has an immense usage of our highway system for longer road trips that China and most other nations do not.

Nice job completely ignoring my other point that I’m China electricity is half that of the US. You always fail to look at the whole picture. Government regulations, subsidies and mandates are the only thing keeping the EV industry afloat in the US and Europe, and even with all that it’s beginning to wain.

That’s still a 50% increase, while ignoring the fact the US has an immense usage of our highway system for longer road trips that China and most other nations do not.

Nice job completely ignoring my other point that I’m China electricity is half that of the US. You always fail to look at the whole picture. Government regulations, subsidies and mandates are the only thing keeping the EV industry afloat in the US and Europe, and even with all that it’s beginning to wain.
On average, the cost of electricity is around $0.13 per kwh in the United States. In China, it’s $0.09 per kwh. At my current residency, off peak hours are $0.047 and super off peak is $0.036.

A swing and miss…

On average, the cost of electricity is around $0.13 per kwh in the United States. In China, it’s $0.09 per kwh. At my current residency, off peak hours are $0.047 and super off peak is $0.036.

A swing and miss…
Off peak rate adjustments aren’t everywhere, I haven’t seen it in decades across living in TN, VA and WY.

And residential rates are $0.1643/ kWh in the US, and steadily going up. West coast rates, are over $0.22. Try getting some present day info.

Off peak rate adjustments aren’t everywhere, I haven’t seen it in decades across living in TN, VA and WY.

And residential rates are $0.1643/ kWh in the US, and steadily going up. West coast rates, are over $0.22. Try getting some present day info.

Seattle is under $0.14 for 2024. Yes, your energy cost will differ based on where you live. This is no different than gasoline.

Again, your point has broken down.

Seattle is under $0.14 for 2024. Yes, your energy cost will differ based on where you live. This is no different than gasoline.

Again, your point has broken down.
You don’t know how averages work, do you? If Seattle is $0.14, then somewhere else it is $0.30. And you think those people should run an EV as well…

America is speaking with their wallets, and it’s not for a widespread transition to EVs. Tesla bulls and the Green Party can stomp their feet all they want, it’s not going to change the facts. I don’t have to argue shit, the sales numbers make the argument for me.

You don’t know how averages work, do you? If Seattle is $0.14, then somewhere else it is $0.30. And you think those people should run an EV as well…

America is speaking with their wallets, and it’s not for a widespread transition to EVs. Tesla bulls and the Green Party can stomp their feet all they want, it’s not going to change the facts. I don’t have to argue shit, the sales numbers make the argument for me.
You claimed that EVs are not practical in the United States and doubled down ignoring all information. You are incapable of critically thinking beyond the broad strokes of a paintbrush littered with incorrect data points and understanding.

Your "sales numbers" are incorrect as EV sales in the United States are up over 10% YoY and worldwide they continue to accelerate.

Literally, what do you even do for work? I question your ability to have a coherent, non-misinformed thought.

You claimed that EVs are not practical in the United States and doubled down ignoring all information. You are incapable of critically thinking beyond the broad strokes of a paintbrush littered with incorrect data points and understanding.

Your "sales numbers" are incorrect as EV sales in the United States are up over 10% YoY and worldwide they continue to accelerate.

Literally, what do you even do for work? I question your ability to have a coherent, non-misinformed thought.
Tell us you're a Swifty without telling us you're a Swifty.

OK, that's the average - now let's look at the SD and ES (this is a shooting site, so these should not be foreign concepts).

Manufacturers continue to cut prices, government subsidies add up to $15,000 or more in some areas, regulatory credit swaps add even more incentive, charging station deployment has been subsidized, and yet the fact of the matter is that EV adaption rates in the US are decent but not exactly mind-blowing.

Reactions: Redmanss

Search how many power plants china opens per year and compare that to what the USA opens.

I’m not talking wind and solar but real plants that produce 24/7/365.

If you would please post your results.

If you don’t mind please post estimated future power needs of both counties.

Thank you in advance.

Last edited:
We're at the "bring on the shareholder lawsuits" portion of the cycle:

"The complaint filed on Thursday in Manhattan federal court said Stellantis artificially inflated its stock price for much of 2024 by making "overwhelmingly positive" assessments about inventories, pricing power, new products and operating margin.

Shareholders said the truth came out on July 25 when Stellantis said first-half adjusted operating income fell 40% to 8.46 billion euros ($9.28 billion), below the 8.85 billion euros that analysts expected."

I'd have more sympathy for the plaintiff group if the deception wasn't immediately obvious when driving past any Jeep dealer.