• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Stock Market

Car dealers in middle Georgia packed full of new vehicles that are not moving; expensive vehicles + high interest rates = vehicles sitting on lots
i am too stupid to understand the market and am out of it about 1 year with no regrets and for various reasons. however,i do see the bloated not selling inventories in several areas. guns being prominent to me. i have always gotten my thinking on economic issues by watching that market as i have been dicking around in it since the mid 60s. doing that has never made my thinking erroneous. the inventory and continued manufacture of 3k 22s,2k ARs,1k pistols,1K AKs,2$/r ammo; not to mention 70K trucks is a puzzle. i don't see how guns,auto,boats etc can continue to be profitable or even survive in the current and coming economic disaster we are in.

Reactions: nikonNUT
My former employer is investing heavily in AI. Manufacturing firm. AI will destroy white collar jobs.
“White collar” jobs are the core Democrat /Leftist facilitating group; in voting blocks, the logistics in government jobs, private industry, and especially the media. No one who gets dirty and sweaty at work believes that shit.

Reactions: gigamortis
Naw, I don’t follow the opinions of podcasts.
If it was opinions I might not either.

They report facts.

Ship “x” left mid day which is highly unusual heading towards “y”.

War games indicate that the US NAVY would be out of missiles in 2 days.

The general testified “X”.

The debt will never implode as long as it’s backed by the full faith and credit of the U.S. military.

The big issue with deflation is once it eliminates greedflation margins you’ll start to see the lays offs increase significantly.

IMO that time is coming in the next 6 months to a year.

Have your ducks in a row. Many screaming for lower prices aren’t in the financial situation to survive and/or benefit from it because they’ll lose their jobs, have hours cut back, etc. it gets worse as it spirals, but I’m preaching to the choir here.

the old school .mil but certainly not what we have now....keeping nukes on the sideline of course. if not, all bets are off.

Reactions: eca7891
If it was opinions I might not either.

They report facts.

Ship “x” left mid day which is highly unusual heading towards “y”.

War games indicate that the US NAVY would be out of missiles in 2 days.

The general testified “X”.

a good friend was a marine f18 pilot during gulf1. he still knows people in the service and connected ones….the word running around his group is the navy is a mess with alot of ships that are not combat ready

more so than the normal accepted number.

Reactions: kthomas and eca7891
a good friend was a marine f18 pilot during gulf1. he still knows people in the service and connected ones….the word running around his group is the navy is a mess with alot of ships that are not combat ready

Yeah.

One of these guyes were on the ground intel guys chasing down viable intel on targets.

Is it because of mechanical/structural issues, or did the crew not complete their annual training, command climate survey, and dental appointments to meet dental readiness?

Kind of concerning that combat readiness information is being passed along to someone not in the military, and then posted on an open forum. Loose lips and all.

Is it because of mechanical/structural issues, or did the crew not complete their annual training, command climate survey, and dental appointments to meet dental readiness?

Kind of concerning that combat readiness information is being passed along to someone not in the military, and then posted on an open forum. Loose lips and all.

its been a year but i believe it was mechanical issues that arent getting fixed, shortages on parts

my army buddy told me the same thing when clinton was in office. they couldn’t get parts to keep shit running so they would have dedicated parts vehicles that they would scavenge from. he was in a tank battalion and then EOD later.

lol.

It’s ALL open intel that’s been out for YEARS.

Those that would use this intel for nefarious reason new LONG before it was said here.

Neat. Good thing those former CIA analysts are keeping everyone up to speed. I really hope DOD is watching their podcasts so we can adjust accordingly.
I think you may be confused a bit.

They are releasing nothing that doesn’t exist to anyone in the public.

They pull from open intel that’s out there, consolidate it and reporting it to you.

A good portion is released in public military reports, government reports or active military trackers ran in the open or released by the DOD.

Anyways.

Moving right along….

Reactions: doubloon
I think you may be confused a bit.

They are releasing nothing that doesn’t exist to anyone in the public.

They pull from open intel that’s out there, consolidate it and reporting it to you.

A good portion is released in public military reports, government reports or active military trackers ran in the open.

Anyways.

Moving right along….
Got it. Is the best place to watch them on Facebook? Do I have to use max phone volume and screen brightness?

I don’t use Facebook.

Or social media.

I guess just wherever one gets podcasts from??

There is no video just audio unless maybe you want to catch the live stream, which I never have.

🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

I can’t help ya much there.

1722881200708.gif

• Haha
"The Gods of the Copy Book Headings" Kipling - First published in the Sunday Pictorial (London) October 26th 1919, and – as “The Gods of the Copybook Margins” – in Harper’s Magazine in January 1920.

As I pass through my incarnations in every age and race,
I make my proper prostrations to the Gods of the Market Place.
Peering through reverent fingers I watch them flourish and fall,
And the Gods of the Copybook Headings, I notice, outlast them all.

We were living in trees when they met us. They showed us each in turn
That Water would certainly wet us, as Fire would certainly burn:
But we found them lacking in Uplift, Vision and Breadth of Mind,
So we left them to teach the Gorillas while we followed the March of Mankind.

We moved as the Spirit listed. They never altered their pace,
Being neither cloud nor wind-borne like the Gods of the Market Place,
But they always caught up with our progress, and presently word would come
That a tribe had been wiped off its icefield, or the lights had gone out in Rome.

With the Hopes that our World is built on they were utterly out of touch,
They denied that the Moon was Stilton; they denied she was even Dutch;
They denied that Wishes were Horses; they denied that a Pig had Wings;
So we worshipped the Gods of the Market Who promised these beautiful things.

When the Cambrian measures were forming, They promised perpetual peace.

They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
But when we disarmed They sold us and delivered us bound to our foe,

And the Gods of the Copybook Headings said: "Stick to the Devil you know."

On the first Feminian Sandstones we were promised the Fuller Life
(Which started by loving our neighbour and ended by loving his wife)
Till our women had no more children and the men lost reason and faith,
And the Gods of the Copybook Headings said: "The Wages of Sin is Death."

In the Carboniferous Epoch we were promised abundance for all,
By robbing selected Peter to pay for collective Paul;
But, though we had plenty of money, there was nothing our money could buy,
And the Gods of the Copybook Headings said: "If you don't work you die."

Then the Gods of the Market tumbled, and their smooth-tongued wizards withdrew
And the hearts of the meanest were humbled and began to believe it was true
That All is not Gold that Glitters, and Two and Two make Four
And the Gods of the Copybook Headings limped up to explain it once more.

As it will be in the future, it was at the birth of Man
There are only four things certain since Social Progress began.
That the Dog returns to his Vomit and the Sow returns to her Mire,
And the burnt Fool's bandaged finger goes wabbling back to the Fire;

And that after this is accomplished, and the brave new world begins
When all men are paid for existing and no man must pay for his sins,
As surely as Water will wet us, as surely as Fire will burn,
The Gods of the Copybook Headings with terror and slaughter return!

Reactions: Malum Prohibitum
i am too stupid to understand the market and am out of it about 1 year with no regrets and for various reasons. however,i do see the bloated not selling inventories in several areas. guns being prominent to me. i have always gotten my thinking on economic issues by watching that market as i have been dicking around in it since the mid 60s. doing that has never made my thinking erroneous. the inventory and continued manufacture of 3k 22s,2k ARs,1k pistols,1K AKs,2$/r ammo; not to mention 70K trucks is a puzzle. i don't see how guns,auto,boats etc can continue to be profitable or even survive in the current and coming economic disaster we are in.

Depending on how things go politically in the next few months imagine there will be a surge in gun sales.

I’m down almost 10% across all my portfolios… Hell, >1% just today.

What’s weird is that my “paper gold” and other precious metal funds are also down; as is the spot price on physical gold and silver.

Something’s fucky.

Last edited:
For how long?

A week?

They can’t protect Taiwan or stop china in the South China Sea.

That’s fact.

Edit: Hell. They can’t supply Israel and Ukraine at the same time.

We are currently not well-equipped to handle the drain of conventional conflict in a regional war. But we could flatten 90% of the globe in 30 minutes if someone pushes the big red button. That capability still matters.

Regardless, it's fascinating to look at who actually owns the debt issued by the US Treasury - it's not so much foreign entities as one might think:

two-thirds-of-public-debt-is-held-by-domestic-holders_0.jpg

I suspect that we may need tools other than military might to maintain the "full faith and credit" of the US government.

Reactions: eca7891 and kthomas
I’m down almost 10% across all my portfolios… Hell, >1% just today.

What’s weird is that my “paper gold” and other precious metals are also down; as is the spot price on gold.

Something’s fucky.

Deflationary pressure.

Gold is down a touch today, but is still up 25% for the year and nearly 70% over the past five years. That's quite remarkable considering the equities boom we've simultaneously experienced.

A 1050 point drop on a 38K Dow?

Not even a blip. For fucks sake go back to focusing on Trannies in the Olympics and how Kamala is a fucking Bibbidy Bibbidy Indian.

This is nothing.

Yet.

When it gets to 15,000 points... let me know! Then I'll be concerned.

Sirhr

so down 6% since last wednesday? seems like a significant loss. or we could ask people how its affected thier portfolio for a clearer picture.

and just to be clear...you are OK with trannies? and are we talking about the ones that still have thier junk or the ones that cut it off?

Reactions: IronSkillet
I think the crash of 08 is different from anything we have brewing right now. I am leaning more toward a dot com bubble burst type situation. I have been slowly rebalancing everything for the last month or so. I managed to lose less than 1% value in my portfolios Friday, so I am pretty satisfied that I can weather things for now. That being said, I am trying to avoid taking a lick that would knock me back 10 years, even if I have to give up some amount of potential gain for now. My plan is to work for roughly ten more years before retiring.
My overall feeling and sense of the market is that a lot of crap is way-overvalued, hyped with manipulation, especially in tech. Look at what happened when Elon bought Twitter and exposed how so many posts and engagement was from bots.

Then look at pensions/retirement, housing, energy, insurance, automobiles, hospitals, services, big retail, Pharma, commercial banking, supermarkets/grocery stores, e-commerce/auctions, colleges/universities, online computer software sales, warehouse club super centers and the other top 20 industries.

If you go down each market sector, we find grotesque inflations and over-valuations at almost every turn.

It’s like that Tesla Cybertruck with plastic covers held in place by Velcro and tiny fasteners. Has a nice package and exterior, but corner-cutting as standard underneath, with a Platinum price tag.

We called the HVAC guy to come out and check out our system, which was running sluggishly. Turns out the capacitor (made in China) had gone bad and was only generating 16 uF instead of 45 like it should (45/5 system 440V). House isn’t even 6yrs old.

Technician says he has one in the van for $245 on top of the call-out/diagnosis.

The best ones are $24 retail, so he charges 10x the retail price for that part.

Look at what happened with housing and automobiles over the past 4 years. Pricing went way out of control, and the manufacturers focused on inflating their numbers as well due to upward volatility. They kept doing that until people could no longer buy.

A lot of people paid at way-inflated rates and are strung-out with insane levels of Debt-to-Income ratio that never would have been approved 4 years ago from brokers.

Then look at college/university tuition. It’s a bloody scam of immense proportions and there is only devaluation for a lot of the students who walk away with no skills and tens of thousands in debt for a BA in Psych/Polysci/Gender. It was already 14,000% inflated years ago, with a corollary deflation of aptitude and marketable skills.

Big retail has been importing Chicom excrement, but gone are the days of $8.88 and $14.88 at Wal-Mart. $126 Wal-Mart groceries receipt from 2022 is now $414.

So it’s been clear to pretty much anyone with some sense remaining the market is tapped-out, so time for a correction. The next question is how much will it correct and for how long will the drop last?

so down 6% since last wednesday? seems like a significant loss. or we could ask people how its affected thier portfolio for a clearer picture.

and just to be clear...you are OK with trannies? and are we talking about the ones that still have thier junk or the ones that cut it off?

I'll worry when it gets to 12,000.

This is nothing. I remember 1987.

This is nothing.

But it's stil Kamals's fucking fault.

Sirhr

Reactions: Redheeler
I would love to see Powell grow some balls and quit catering to the public outcry for lower rates. What in the absolute fuck are people talking about lowering rates for when a dozen eggs is still $8 at the store, the debt has hit $35T, and in the last two years the fed hasn't even come CLOSE to lowering it's balance sheet in a meaningful way. The bond market moved the yield curve higher simply due to inflation premiums rising, NOT because the fed increased supply of bonds for sale.

Fuck the global economy, I want to see a 20% ten year again, THEN we can start talking about quantitative easing again.
They have to STOP SPENDING FUCKING MONEY

You don’t just raise rates and keep spending money.

Getting rid of these expensive “green” energy mandates and stoping the shut down of Nuke / hydro / coal would help also. Cheap energy keeps inflation down

I had a limit order that I completely forgot about for NVDA at around $99. It’s already up 2.3%. There are some durable buys if you look for them. I would love to scoop up some Intel at that price. But with a $19 price target, sell recommendations and a cash flow issue, Magic 8 Ball says, nah.

Reactions: LRRPF52 and ken226
The debt will never implode as long as it’s backed by the full faith and credit of the U.S. military.

The big issue with deflation is once it eliminates greedflation margins you’ll start to see the lays offs increase significantly.

IMO that time is coming in the next 6 months to a year.

Have your ducks in a row. Many screaming for lower prices aren’t in the financial situation to survive and/or benefit from it because they’ll lose their jobs, have hours cut back, etc. it gets worse as it spirals, but I’m preaching to the choir here.
<cough> Intel <cough> 15K layoffs coming, stopped paying a dividened, and stock price has dropped almost 11% in the last 5 days. My ducks are in a crooked line but getting straighter every day!
Auto sales aren't surviving. Banks are very "generously" </s> selling dealerships new stock at auction when they can't pay their floor plan bill. My LGS isn't doing to good either.

When Gordon Gecko lands on the curb of Wall St with a “splud…” I will admit things are bad.

Bad for those who didn’t buy more ammo and hoard spices and bear jerky.

Until then… this is nothing. That Is unless you are leveraged up the ass and living in a CT suburb with a 4-x debt to liquid assets ratio. Which most folks are.

Well, should have bought more fucking ammo. And arable land. And seeds. And seasonings. To make leftists and vegans palatable.

If 1929 comes again, be armed… or have a hot teen unvaxxed pussy… or be food.

That’s Survival tactics now.

Sirhr

Wherever their junk went, they can become plow animals or stew.

Don’t care which. I could give a Shit if dudes want to dress up like Hedy Lamar. As long as they are edible in a crisis… I don’t give a shit.

The basics of combat readiness in NA are well known to anyone in service or with an in service friend or relative. It ain’t a secret. I know the same.