• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

stock options for my extremly moded Mosin

Wigglesdabum

Private
Minuteman
Jan 31, 2011
P1010012.jpg

Ok well that is the rifle as it stands right now. Its preformed great like it is, but its just way to heavy and too tall for my tastes. The buttstock is too low as it was meant to be used with iron sights. I am trying to find a stock that is built more like the chassis style stocks I am seeing lately. Of course, this has become extremely hard for me to find as noone makes them for Mosins that I know of. It has a heavy barrel as well which I need to take account for. I also am running into having to have a real high cheek rest because the mount has to be so high to get around the bolt. Does anyone have any ideas for a company or individual who makes custom stocks that are pretty light and have a higher cheek rest. I know this is a really odd question , but I would appreciate any help. Thanks!

Re: stock options for my extremly moded Mosin

There is a Promag Archangel stock that adds a detachable mag and has adjustable cheek rest and length of pull. It was at the shot show this year. It isn't available yet, but the price is around 400.
MOSIN STOCK

I went with a A.Henderson L-96 style wood stock. I had to modify the adj.cheek riser to remove the bolt. I figured this will work till I can find a modern style Chassis system also.

snakemosin3_zpsda991654.jpg

snakemosin2_zps91352147.jpg

snakemosin1_zpsf8bb75d9.jpg

Thats a sharp looking rifle. A Henderson is where I got this stock from as well. I wasn't aware he had started producing different styles. While that one seems to be much better than mine for ergonomics, I feel like it might be just as heavy if not more so than mine.

On the Archangel type, I think I may run into the same issue as I have with my current stock. It seems to be made for use with iron sights, and my scope has to be so high that it might not work out. Thanks for the info fellas.