• Site Updates Coming Monday

We’re planning to start making changes bright and early on Monday so you might see the site down fir a bit, but no worries, we’ll make our changes and be back as soon as we can!

VIEW THREAD
  • Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s What's Your View II

There are several things good happening here. It’s cold and grey (no mirage). A proper tacticool shooting mat (moving blanket ??). An AI in its proper environment (see above). And some really solid shooting! Did raising the scope help? I’ve thought of doing the same.

Thank you, it was a good day for shooting, despite it being on the cool side (19). We like to say there's no bad weather, only bad clothes.

In regards to the extra scope height, I'm thinking yes, it will help. With only 30 rounds it's to early to give a definite answer, more rounds at longer ranges will give a better perspective. I'm also planning on adding the AT adjustable butt plate before spring. Even with the rifle dead square and the reticle plumb, I have a slight left leaning cant. I put a XLR stock on the RPR, the adjustable cant made a world of difference. Updates as they happen.

Planning on checking road conditions to the 1,000 gravel pile later. 100 is boring.

Thank you, it was a good day for shooting, despite it being on the cool side (19). We like to say there's no bad weather, only bad clothes.

In regards to the extra scope height, I'm thinking yes, it will help. With only 30 rounds it's to early to give a definite answer, more rounds at longer ranges will give a better perspective. I'm also planning on adding the AT adjustable butt plate before spring. Even with the rifle dead square and the reticle plumb, I have a slight left leaning cant. I put a XLR stock on the RPR, the adjustable cant made a world of difference. Updates as they happen.

Planning on checking road conditions to the 1,000 gravel pile later. 100 is boring.
I thought the way to go was with the shortest rings you could use. What does raising the ring height do? Raising the ring seems like it would affect check weld.

Reactions: 1J04
1582996362781.png

Raining like a sumbitch down here Moose. But off n on yesterday. Tons of Eagles swooping on Smelt. Was a good show!

View attachment 7261549

View attachment 7261550
Send some of that weather this way! ?
We had a big shoot planned today. Don’t think we will hit our 1000 yard target today. Didn’t expect to see 2 inches of snow, sitting up here wait now but keeps snowing like a bastard.

I thought the way to go was with the shortest rings you could use. What does raising the ring height do? Raising the ring seems like it would affect check weld.

It does raise the cheekweld. I raise the cheek pad accordingly. What I'm striving for is get my face in a more upright position rather than tilting it when behind the rifle. Doing so also has the benefit of a more upright neck position, hence less neck strain which is the final goal. It doesn't help I have a wide face.

My RPR has 1.25" rings. The AT rings are 1.42". It seems crazy high but I believe it's going to work. At my age one looks for every advantage.

It does raise the cheekweld. I raise the cheek pad accordingly. What I'm striving for is get my face in a more upright position rather than tilting it when behind the rifle. Doing so also has the benefit of a more upright neck position, hence less neck strain which is the final goal. It doesn't help I have a wide face.

My RPR has 1.25" rings. The AT rings are 1.42". It seems crazy high but I believe it's going to work. At my age one looks for every advantage.
Thank you. Please keep us updated.

Reactions: Nodakplowboy
My wife did good for our official 1st fourth anniversary:
IMG_20200229_132516839.jpg

Also got me a stingray wallet...I wanted friggin white rhino but she starts blathering about "endangered" ugh!
Next year maybe I can get some kind of endangered squirrel wallet....I know a guy...

Anyway, that box is pretty well unobtainium and she obtainiumed it!

Playing in high light conditions with an Intens tube

Attachments

• 460E7284-B64A-44B5-B385-2D227D69C63A.jpeg
    460E7284-B64A-44B5-B385-2D227D69C63A.jpeg
    307.7 KB · Views: 43
  • 50CE6D7C-CADE-4B69-AC4A-4D4387B0C3CC.jpeg
    50CE6D7C-CADE-4B69-AC4A-4D4387B0C3CC.jpeg
    431 KB · Views: 39
  • CFFA2AF7-A68D-464F-AF46-205A991577F2.jpeg
    CFFA2AF7-A68D-464F-AF46-205A991577F2.jpeg
    193.8 KB · Views: 41
  • C2A293FA-88FE-4839-8F97-1862347CE64D.jpeg
    C2A293FA-88FE-4839-8F97-1862347CE64D.jpeg
    302.9 KB · Views: 39
Wish I had a spot for chickens. I will one of these days. I know they are work and can be a pain and having fresh eggs and real chicken vs the stuff from Costco sounds pretty darn good!!
These Isa Browns supposedly make up to 300 a year. Might be overloaded in eggs soon!!!

29 in spots this morning on the way in. Fog, then clear. Road in spots was total hell. Literally Hockey Rink kinda stuff. Had a little fish tail coming into a corner after being on good surface. Puckered up just a tad. Careful out there fellas.?

20200301_075125.jpg

20200301_075130.jpg

20200301_075251.jpg

20200301_075316.jpg

I told my daughter I had got them while she was in school and they were in the oven waiting for her. She wasn’t impressed with that humor. Later we had a talk and she said something about eating chicken wasn’t funny. I just had to point out she was eating a grilled chicken wrap from Chic Fil A :eek:

If you ever decide to sell this, please let me know. I have a friend whose son wants to be an engineer. Very smart young man, 10 years old, already in AP math classes. I buy him every Erector set that I can find, and he spends hours working with them.

Sorry sir, this is NFS. It was my Dad's, given to me about 60 years ago.

Check Ebay. I did to look for missing parts, large selection of complete sets and parts.

Good on you for encouraging this young man. Makes one wonder how many careers where born out a Erector red box.

It was a good time. As for the 7.62x54r it was something way cooler then a mosin, had a cycle rate of 750-800 rounds per
It was a UK vz 59 machine gun.
The good ole m60 made an appearance as well.
6BECD8FC-1E99-43EC-8228-A553F692D997.png
0FA0FC9D-19EB-4942-BF3E-1102CE581F27.png

Last edited:
It was a good time. As for the 7.62x54r it was something way cooler then a mosin, had a cycle rate of 750-800 rounds per minute.
I didn’t get any pics of it, it was a UK vz 59 machine gun.
the good ole m60 made an appearance as well.

And the real time videos were fucking AWESOME!!!!!!! Thx Moose, you crazy Bastard. :LOL:

[/QUOTE]
And the real time videos were fucking AWESOME!!!!!!! Thx Moose, you crazy Bastard. :LOL:
Lol it was a kick in the ass.
the next shoot is in august. You will have to come out for it.
The tripod we had the Barrett on, I was pretty impressed with. That thing was pushing 35 pounds and for being one of the cheap bog tripods I am it held up very well.

Lol it was a kick in the ass.
the next shoot is in august. You will have to come out for it.
The tripod we had the Barrett on, I was pretty impressed with. That thing was pushing 35 pounds and for being one of the cheap bog tripods I am it held up very well.
[/QUOTE]

Gonna have to take you up on it. I've never shot an entire herd of Elk in one day, ever. :ROFLMAO: