• Site Updates Coming Monday

We’re planning to start making changes bright and early on Monday so you might see the site down fir a bit, but no worries, we’ll make our changes and be back as soon as we can!

VIEW THREAD
  • Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s What's Your View II

8hrs @ 250*

I put Green chille infused olive oil on the pork and then the dry rub. The rub is nothing more than coarse ground pepper, coarse salt,
Garlic & Onion powder with some Paprika for color.

A little Pineapple sprits a couple of times. After I foil it goes back on until it reaches internal temp of 199*

Most of the time it's about 12hrs total time.

nice, I haven't done a savory pork butt in a while and i think its time, I'm tired of the overly sweet rubs for now.

The new reloading center is, for the most part, up and running. Still need to build a wheeled cabinet to hold the tool boxes, that's a future spring project.

Over the years I've accumulated a small collection of vintage shooting stuff, but never had a decent spot to display them. The bottom shelf of the center has been designated the museum.

P2230734.JPG

I miss the old time small town gun shops, filled with smoke, old and young shooters and tall tales. Wish I could have bought every $400 pre-64 M70 and beat up Rem 721 in those gun racks.

Now that would be cool. I do have a old box of R-P 222 Mag ammo, apparently many years ago somebody bought it and tried to chamber a round in a .222. He returned the box to the store with a hand written note, "Doesn't fit in rifle". Always good for a chuckle.

Trying to make room for one of these..

P2240736.JPG

I have several, one for each of my favorite cartridges. Slow, tedious, but the ammo goes bang.

How old is that .30 carbine ammo? Have never seen that before.

My view isn't going to be half way as cool as tnickles post of bloody Fuckin shit up dead.
Very cool dude.
Finally got the front of the building framed up and after a little metal trim, it will be ready for the metal siding.
And let me tell you, this shit of getting old is for the birds, I could have had that wood up in one night vs two. But Damn, doing shit solo will wear a brotha out these days.
20200223_180411.jpg
20200223_180346.jpg
now let's see how long I can milk the back end out.

Crap, the M1 Carbine Ball box isn't in the damn pic. Anyhow, you get it. :ROFLMAO: Again, cool collections. I love the old stuff.
Fantastic stuff, I used to have so much and didn’t realize what I had back then. Got that box from an older gentleman I did a lot of swapping with. Bought a Rock Ola carbine from him and he said here enjoy this youngster.

Hey 1J, I received the care package today with all the goodies:p You're awesome, thank you so much!

No Brother, YOU'RE AWESOME!! I'm glad it got there most Rikki Tik, AND that you enjoy it!!! Don't be bashful. Post up a pic. :ROFLMAO: I was looking for some damn local Chinook, but it's just getting ready to open on the Columbia. Besides, my smoked fish beats any canned around here. ;)

The new reloading center is, for the most part, up and running. Still need to build a wheeled cabinet to hold the tool boxes, that's a future spring project.

Over the years I've accumulated a small collection of vintage shooting stuff, but never had a decent spot to display them. The bottom shelf of the center has been designated the museum.

View attachment 7257056

I miss the old time small town gun shops, filled with smoke, old and young shooters and tall tales. Wish I could have bought every $400 pre-64 M70 and beat up Rem 721 in those gun racks.
Very nice. Check your PM’s

My view isn't going to be half way as cool as tnickles post of bloody Fuckin shit up dead.
Very cool dude.
Finally got the front of the building framed up and after a little metal trim, it will be ready for the metal siding.
And let me tell you, this shit of getting old is for the birds, I could have had that wood up in one night vs two. But Damn, doing shit solo will wear a brotha out these days.View attachment 7257460View attachment 7257461now let's see how long I can milk the back end out.

It's fine. Took me longer to build a rifle?. You're in great shape.

E

No Brother, YOU'RE AWESOME!! I'm glad it got there most Rikki Tik, AND that you enjoy it!!! Don't be bashful. Post up a pic. :ROFLMAO: I was looking for some damn local Chinook, but it's just getting ready to open on the Columbia. Besides, my smoked fish beats any canned around here. ;)
"Canned Salmon" ? :rolleyes: :eek:

I know it exists, I know its real. But.............dafuq ? ?

Clean looking blaster. Not saying anything about age but would be cool if you actually got to mail order it?

• Haha
Reactions: 1J04
20200224_201112.jpg
Spent the last few hours doing more wedding invitations.
I was only allowed to do the return address stamp, the postage stamp, stuff and seal them. Oh and address my side after she got tired of the fancy hand writing.

Son had a great day at the park yesterday. We got my dad (papa) to ho down the slide. Had a little blonde girl there about my sons age, hes like his dad girls get him in trouble. Fell down the stairs of the slide because he was too busy looking at her.
Made him go right back up the slide.
You fall of you get back on.

Btw boys a 30 world make a nice wedding gift. Jk

I’m actually down to 3 carbines these days. One Inland which was a division on GM, one IBM which was well a part of the typewriter company, and the Rock Ola who actually made juke boxes. Two of them are CMP buys. Over the years at Benning, a buddy of mine and I would make regular trips and buy 2-5. Wish I would have kept them all now.
7CAB80D1-FD9A-4B86-A324-5D52554CAB06.jpeg
82F8690C-E97E-4EC4-AA8C-C62452350022.jpeg

Now I'll explain. Big V informed me they would no longer be supporting old 3g phones like my beloved flipper above. Never mind the fact the thing is bullet and carpenter proof. As a result I've been drug into the smarty pants phone world kicking and screaming.
So far there's been no need to use a hammer during the learning curve, at least not yet. Time will tell.
Lots to learn for beatup old fingers.