• Site Updates Coming Monday

We’re planning to start making changes bright and early on Monday so you might see the site down fir a bit, but no worries, we’ll make our changes and be back as soon as we can!

VIEW THREAD
  • Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s What's Your View II

Just doing what I should have done when I bought the old girl. I’m really trying to talk myself out of pulling the intake and valley cover to put a pcv in there. The road draft tube dripping in my driveway does bother me
98E47C75-8393-4FE2-B086-552BF805565D.jpeg

@1J04 and @Nodakplowboy
Funny thing talking old reloading stuff the other day and my Aunt texted me and asked if I would be interested in these books. I said yes of course so waiting to get them in my hands View attachment 7259781

Very nice there's interesting reading in those old books. I've a few, we sure didn't have the powder or bullet selection we have these days. Enjoy.

556. Noveske. Toolcraft BCG.

No $$ for the fancy 0.001" gauge set at this time. My buddy said "just shoot it". I cannot. My OCD will not allow. Must check everything....twice?

E
Agree with your buddy, shoot it till the handguards fall off :ROFLMAO: About to go do some shooting myself as a matter of fact. Good luck with build and pics when it’s done.

Been dinging with the AT this winter, went with higher rings hoping to relieve some neck pressure and get the face more square with the stock. Went to the family farm this week for a couple of days, what better time and place to fine tune the new setup.

After some fine tuning with eye relief and squaring got down to zeroing

20200228_093525.jpg

Could not have been a better day to cop a zero. Slight overcast, zero wind.

20200228_093700.jpg

Seems to be working O.K. 5 @ 100. Good enough for now.

Been dinging with the AT this winter, went with higher rings hoping to relieve some neck pressure and get the face more square with the stock. Went to the family farm this week for a couple of days, what better time and place to fine tune the new setup.

After some fine tuning with eye relief and squaring got down to zeroing

View attachment 7260775

Could not have been a better day to cop a zero. Slight overcast, zero wind.

View attachment 7260779

Seems to be working O.K. 5 @ 100. Good enough for now.
There are several things good happening here. It’s cold and grey (no mirage). A proper tacticool shooting mat (moving blanket ??). An AI in its proper environment (see above). And some really solid shooting! Did raising the scope help? I’ve thought of doing the same.

I'm happy to say we've not seen one in the Pole Building for some time now, after the relocation program went into full swing. But I have no doubt one of these little bastards is gonna work up enough gumption to mosey on in there. Then there will be hell to pay...... :oops:

Strong cross wind days seem to drive me insane while I’m actually shooting but later on I realize it is probably more productive than good weather days. Spent yesterday afternoon playing pinball with the 6.5 and 22 but still fun. 14 mils of elevation for 300 yards but the 22 proved it could hit reliably at that range. Need a new scope with more clicks in it!!