• Site Updates Coming Monday

We’re planning to start making changes bright and early on Monday so you might see the site down fir a bit, but no worries, we’ll make our changes and be back as soon as we can!

VIEW THREAD
  • Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s What's Your View II

Didney?
1583185057504.jpeg

View attachment 7263359

View attachment 7263361

The Dew Drop Inn behind the Courthouse.

View attachment 7263359

View attachment 7263361

The Dew Drop Inn behind the Courthouse.
That’s a cool structure. Probably built well when there was money to have function AND form. I’ll take a picture of ours next chance I get. Very institutional, very 50’s. When I go there to visit Miss Lori at work (rare), I expect to meet Eisenhower walking the dimly lit hallways.

The State Penitentiary just across the street is an architectural dream. Built in the late 1800’s out of locally quarried limestone with a LOT of cheap help ?

That’s a cool structure. Probably built well when there was money to have function AND form. I’ll take a picture of ours next chance I get. Very institutional, very 50’s. When I go there to visit Miss Lori at work (rare), I expect to meet Eisenhower walking the dimly lit hallways.

The State Penitentiary just across the street is an architectural dream. Built in the late 1800’s out of locally quarried limestone with a LOT of cheap help ?
The big house across the street. We toured it (as much is allowed) with the kids when they were fairly young. It was a “scared straight” technique. Bad parenting....maybe. I’ll take my lumps if I’m wrong.
7EDC4694-8F1D-45A2-977F-A5185CFAD182.jpeg

Well after her being 30min late to the court. We had a huge miracle she agreed to a preschool and he starts this fall. I now have 50 50 time with him just have to get it typed up and signed. It's on court record that she agreed to 50 50 so she cant back out.

Start a new job today and extremely stressed out about everything.

Well after her being 30min late to the court. We had a huge miracle she agreed to a preschool and he starts this fall. I now have 50 50 time with him just have to get it typed up and signed. It's on court record that she agreed to 50 50 so she cant back out.

Hang in there!

Deep breaths, deep breaths...good for you, you'll be fine.

The big house across the street. We toured it (as much is allowed) with the kids when they were fairly young. It was a “scared straight” technique. Bad parenting....maybe. I’ll take my lumps if I’m wrong.
View attachment 7263716

Ya know, the longer I look at that facility, the more I wanna do a walk through. Incredible architecture.

Ya know, the longer I look at that facility, the more I wanna do a walk through. Incredible architecture.
It is really cool and that is a piss poor screenshot picture from the internet. That’s also just the front 1/3 of the facility. Our neighbor is in charge of the frontage landscaping which is really nice ( he has a lot of help ?). If you want better pics and information, look up the Anamosa State Penitentiary.

It is really cool and that is a piss poor screenshot picture from the internet. That’s also just the front 1/3 of the facility. Our neighbor is in charge of the frontage landscaping which is really nice ( he has a lot of help ?). If you want better pics and information, look up the Anamosa State Penitentiary.

I do, and I am. :LOL: And looking at it on Google Earth. (y)

I do, and I am. :LOL: And looking at it on Google Earth. (y)
If you’re on Google Earth, follow the gravel road to the NW out of town along Buffalo Creek. Right hand sweeping curve approximately 2 miles out you’ll notice a gravel lane to the SSW that leads to small open area with remnants of a few old buildings/foundations. That is the quarry that provided the stone for its initial construction. The buildings housed inmates that worked the quarry. It’s now used as a pistol/rifle training range.
23D9254A-902B-4D8A-A7F6-ECB9F6B93208.png

Getting it done

View attachment 7265154

18% moisture, 45# test weight. Not to great. Will make livestock feed or fuel.

Edit. Installing windows for these folks. Some of the best people I've ever worked for.
Last summer one of these caused this in the field next to the house. Came about 500 feet from losing everything!! 3 different rural departments called up and took several hours to control
440DBD52-A014-4BA3-ACCF-6F8BA70B74D8.jpeg

Attachments

• 171AAAB8-9EFB-41FD-89E3-FF2C363EDF79.jpeg
    171AAAB8-9EFB-41FD-89E3-FF2C363EDF79.jpeg
    456.4 KB · Views: 42
Last summer one of these caused this in the field next to the house. Came about 500 feet from losing everything!! 3 different rural departments called up and took several hours to control View attachment 7265312
Happened at my kids farm last fall - luckily got it out of the corn before it went totally up in flames!
fire.jpg

Got enough fire and anything will burn. Learned that lesson way back when I was a youngster
A1384BD8-7679-464C-BEEC-951BDA290896.jpeg

Reactions: jrassy
20200305_085120~2.jpg

Joined another club, initially joined because it's 5min from my house and has monthly USPSA matches. After joining I found out they have a couple private 100yard pits, first come/first serve (whole pit, middle is just a drain).... And here I was thinking 2k of SK magazine was going to last me a while....

View attachment 7266047
Joined another club, initially joined because it's 5min from my house and has monthly USPSA matches. After joining I found out they have a couple private 100yard pits, first come/first serve (whole pit, middle is just a drain).... And here I was thinking 2k of SK magazine was going to last me a while....
Have you signed up to shoot their 21 March USPSA match? They put on awesome matches for sure!

View attachment 7266047
Which range are you at? PM me if you don't want to post in open forum.

Have you signed up to shoot their 21 March USPSA match? They put on awesome matches for sure!
Yes I have. I'm just getting started with handguns so I figured it would be a great learning experience. Are you local? I have the full NRL22 steel target package and been wanting to get a group of people going to "host" our own prs style.

Which range are you at? PM me if you don't want to post in open forum.
rod and gun club over by the airport. I'm also a member at Blue Creek. Offers open to anyone about the 22 targets as well.

Yes I have. I'm just getting started with handguns so I figured it would be a great learning experience. Are you local? I have the full NRL22 steel target package and been wanting to get a group of people going to "host" our own prs style.
No sir, I live in Cody but I shoot as many matches in Billings as I can. We do shoot a few PRS matches here at the Cody Shooting Complex every year plus the Wyoming Governors Cup 3 Gun (or 2 or 4 or PCC) match if you're interested - we had 270 shooters last year.

Billings Rod & Gun Club is a great club with great ranges for certain!

No sir, I live in Cody but I shoot as many matches in Billings as I can. We do shoot a few PRS matches here at the Cody Shooting Complex every year plus the Wyoming Governors Cup 3 Gun (or 2 or 4 or PCC) match if you're interested - we had 270 shooters last year.

Billings Rod & Gun Club is a great club with great ranges for certain!
That sounds like a blast. Did you go to the "milk jug" shoot over at Blue Creek last month ? I'll have to introduce myself next month, I was planning on getting over there for the Folly.

I did not make the milk jug shoot - can't recall ever shooting one before. Pete Kneip puts on the PRS matches here and does a great job so you'll have a blast - literally! My bones & joints are way to old & cranky anymore to get into some of the contorted positions required so I'm pretty much just an occasional RO at the matches. I will be at the Billings USPSA match in a couple of weeks - assuming the weather isn't too bad - just ask someone to point out the section coordinator and that'll be me!