• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site Updates Coming Soon - We're Updating The Homepage!

We've got some exciting changes coming, check the thread below for more info!

VIEW THREAD

Maggie’s What's Your View II

Getting it done

View attachment 7265154

18% moisture, 45# test weight. Not to great. Will make livestock feed or fuel.

Edit. Installing windows for these folks. Some of the best people I've ever worked for.
Finish harvesting the field in time to plant the next crop.

At this point I'm guessing its almost harvest it to have a basis for the crop insurance.

Finish harvesting the field in time to plant the next crop.

At this point I'm guessing its almost harvest it to have a basis for the crop insurance.

From what I understand in talking to the owner, they have to harvest the crop to qualify for Prentive Plant. They will turn in the scale tickets to FSA to determine how much payment they will receive. Yes. it's taxpayer funded. Such is the cost of having the best food source on the planet.

Bad rock under a new window. Cut it out..

20200306_091520.jpg

Make a patch..
20200306_092326.jpg

Mud and screw it in.
20200306_093348.jpg

Used hot mix 45, will be ready for texture and paint by 2pm. A little slice of my day.

From what I understand in talking to the owner, they have to harvest the crop to qualify for Prentive Plant. They will turn in the scale tickets to FSA to determine how much payment they will receive. Yes. it's taxpayer funded. Such is the cost of having the best food source on the planet.
I won't faulting them for doing it for the insurance. I just figured that was the case cause it would be quicker and cheaper to bushhog the ruined crop than to harvest for next to nothing.

Reactions: Nodakplowboy
I won't faulting them for doing it for the insurance. I just figured that was the case cause it would be quicker and cheaper to bushhog the ruined crop than to harvest for next to nothing.

I'm certain if they could mow or burn it they would. However, it's the way the system works. Wear out the machines for little or no gain. Sucks.

As a young boy I would see the worry on my grandfather's face harvest time when the news was bad weather.

Reactions: Nodakplowboy

My good sir 1J04, removing trees will not remedy this problem. The rodents will just regroup, re-think the problem and go forth with a new line of attack. There is only one solution; massive amounts of firepower.

We will have to cancel plans for a party at Mother Tuckers and instead convene at your 10-20. There will be a large group of un- desirables heading in mass to your location bearing large numbers of arms and vast amounts of ammunition. We will expect, of course, room and board for the duration of the altercation, adult beverages included. Considering the quality of the attendees, don't cheap out on the beverages. Only the good stuff, please. And lots of it.

While this group is enroute it would behoove you to start preparations for the assault. Defensive positions (in case the rodents call in reinfircements), fortified firing positions and elevated shooting platforms for the snipers. Lots an lots of those. Don't hesitate to hire earthmoving equipment to fulfill these requirements.

When preparations are complete please send hand written invitations to all the attendees. Nothing flowery, just a simple reminder with the date, address and GPS coordinates for those of us who are flying in or can't read roadmaps.

We await your call.

Any country Southern boy around 10 y/o with a 22 rifle, pocket full of CB's and a pocketknife could have the situation resolved by the time the water got to boilin. I'll supply the rifle, CB's and kid. Y'all supply the beer.

I was raised in IA, across the state from tnichols and that was sure the case for me and most of my friends too.
My grandad liked to talk about growing up poor and needing to return game for each round issued.

Think that story became popular after my oldest brother saved up and got his first 10/22. Dumping 10 rounds in a hurry seems like a fun idea after years of shooting a single shot or pump Winchester. Grandad wondered how that was useful.
He wasnt thinking about Zombies or the Boog.... just about money spent and how did rapid less accurate fire really help.

I was raised in IA, across the state from tnichols and that was sure the case for me and most of my friends too.
My grandad liked to talk about growing up poor and needing to return game for each round issued.

Think that story became popular after my oldest brother saved up and got his first 10/22. Dumping 10 rounds in a hurry seems like a fun idea after years of shooting a single shot or pump Winchester. Grandad wondered how that was useful.
He wasnt thinking about Zombies or the Boog.... just about money spent and how did rapid less accurate fire really help.
My dad had to account for every cartridge/shell. My great uncle gave me a nylon 66 when I was a kid. His instruction was "that pow-pow-pow ain't worth a shit". I did plenty of pow-pow-pow though. :-D

Before sharps and o dolys(sp) where a thing, my dad would buy us near beer. About 13ish I figured if I was going to drink that crap I at least wanted alchohol in it.

All uppity, fixin fancy tractors n such.....

My kiddo likes to try to snag a beer sat down and try a sip. Always the same face. And I laugh my head off
When our daughter was about 8, she grabbed my glass of Johnny Walker Black and took a long pull of it, thinking it was apple juice. It happened so fast, the wife and I didn't have a chance to wave her off. Man, she was unhappy the rest of the day.

I took this after I finished this morning. With our neck of the woods looking sepia tone this time of year, on a bigger screen you can
4ED3A2F0-C66B-4E31-A41F-8EA36D9178AE.jpeg
possibly see the steel. 760 and 1K in line with the barrel, 695 to the right a bit. Breezy here, needing 2.5-2.7 mils of wind at 1K with the 260.

My latest purchase that I did not need but it was a hellllllll of a deal! Shot the 308 on 3.08

Attachments

• 5A496857-AC1B-4916-8ABC-D40A3C3EE7FD.jpeg
    5A496857-AC1B-4916-8ABC-D40A3C3EE7FD.jpeg
    476.6 KB · Views: 39
  • C7205227-3A07-41BF-AF6F-46D2A04C08A8.jpeg
    C7205227-3A07-41BF-AF6F-46D2A04C08A8.jpeg
    513.8 KB · Views: 39
  • 2166D33E-8850-4711-9728-577366EE0DBF.jpeg
    2166D33E-8850-4711-9728-577366EE0DBF.jpeg
    530.2 KB · Views: 34
  • F91F9F5F-BF85-4B3C-9C28-32739AA595B6.jpeg
    F91F9F5F-BF85-4B3C-9C28-32739AA595B6.jpeg
    468.3 KB · Views: 39
  • FB9F3303-088F-4F05-97BC-60BCBC8DEB05.jpeg
    FB9F3303-088F-4F05-97BC-60BCBC8DEB05.jpeg
    381.7 KB · Views: 45
  • 8A14069B-E9F7-4505-B563-29B7A4BE7904.jpeg
    8A14069B-E9F7-4505-B563-29B7A4BE7904.jpeg
    511 KB · Views: 46
Shooting museum update. These arrived in the mail last week.
20200308_154645.jpg

Thank you Mr. Tnichols, very much appreciated, wonderful additions.

Finally have a spot to display a bit of family history

20200308_160754.jpg

Hopkins Allen .32 rimfire. The story, as told by Dad, is Grandpa H. came home from town toting this thing with the intent of using it to kill slaughter beef. When that day arrived he loaded up and took aim at the animals forehead, right between the eyes. He pulled the trigger and the bullet ricocheted off, hit the barn roof and most likely stayed there. The beeve was well pissed off and quite a ruckus ensued.

Grandpa H. never shot it again. From that day hence it was a .22 LR, which I witnessed several times. Never failed.

My .22 range with me n the kid is still snowed in.....
Almost finished with the .22 AR upper,

Another 4-6 weeks till we can run up there after church and burn through a few boxes.

Today was church, skateboarding (new skateboard for the birthday), lunch, more skateboarding, quick trip to LGS to pick up a transfer, and more skateboarding. 4 hrs of skateboarding total......

Kid is killin it, getting up after some rough crashes and getting right back on it. Makin pops proud!!