Why are we not talking about the devastation in Western NC, TN, and other places?

xWjoBsjQc0Zt.jpeg
That's a problem

Reactions: mtrmn
This angers me

During the peak of folks needing our church pantry during Rona, we ran a couple armed security guys during pantry hours.
For this reason

I guess Ashville, and hard to believe NC wouldnt have a couple guys there doing that.
All PD, and other LEO, are tied up. Extremely busy, and this was an out of the way area, could even have been people from a different area, who did the raid.

Reactions: powdahound76
Power is on...in a flood zone...boil the fucking water
I was working a kids summer camp and they were disappointed that the fire and marshmallow roast wasn't going to happen because it rained all day. I took a few of the kids to the fire pit and taught them how to start a fire with a pocket knife, a cotton ball, hand sanitizer, a match and wet wood.
Survival skills for making a water filter and starting a fire should be taught. Waiting for the government?

This angers me

During the peak of folks needing our church pantry during Rona, we ran a couple armed security guys during pantry hours.
For this reason

I guess Ashville, and hard to believe NC wouldnt have a couple guys there doing that.

"Asheville" isnt Candler
Or Swananoa
Or Canton
Or Clyde
Or Marshall
Or Burnsville
Or any of a dozen small WNC towns that wont let that keep happening.
I suspect it will get ugly.

The water.
I was looking at some footage.
They arent telling you the whole story.
There are water mains washed out everywhere along the hwy70 coridor from Black Mountain to Asheville.
It will take a major feat of engineering to get water to asheville.
Ashevilles water source is in Black Mountain.
Bill Forstchen didnt see this coming.
No water is coming from BeeTree for a month...or more. Thats my bet. Unless they are prepared to move heaven and earth.

Reactions: powdahound76
It is honestly depressing. My cousin lost his house in Steinhatchee (am i the only one who has always called it Stein-a-hatchee?), and for all practical purposes his charter business is done. That is just one of the chances we knowingly take living on the coast. But who would think you needed hurricane insurance in Pigeon Forge?
I had seen the videos on YT right after the storm. It made me grateful for only losing power for 30hrs and 2 dead pine trees. Seriously my heart goes out to those still waiting to be rescued. It kinda pisses me off that the ILA did not put Country first, and delayed the strike u til after the relief efforts were done. The last thing they should hear is that parts needed to get them back up are sitting offshore.

Reactions: Modoc and NoDopes
Sad to hear… spent a lot of time in those hills back in 1980’s and early 1990’s. Salt of the earth folks there.

Though Asheville has turned into Sodom and Gomorrah in the last 30 years….

Can’t believe Chimney Rock is just gone… well mountain flooding is always fast and violent…. Sad day!

Keep safe all you good mountain folk! And rebuild!!!

Sirhr
Isn't Ashville the fictional location of the battle between angels and demons in the book This Present Darkness? Coincidence?

Been off here for bit but some might remember me. Working to put together a trailer of supplies from Houston at the weekend. Can anyone give a reliable collection point and contact for drop off? The guys doing the mule trains seem legit but don't want to overwhelm them as news will attract more support than they might be able to handle. TN preferred for proximity but is what it is. I'm kinda over giving money to charities and prefer to control my own destiny. Hate leaving mobile number but 832two083two29 if anyone has ideas. @armorpl8chikn @DarnYankeeUSMC nice to see you again