• It's Hunting Season: Show Us Your Rack!

Hunting season is finally here and we want to see pictures of your rack! Show us what you've got and we'll throw in a few t-shirts to people that send pics 👀

View thread
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Why are we not talking about the devastation in Western NC, TN, and other places?

CY2Fu8ueZNzF.jpeg

That's like a rapist sending a box of chocolates and flowers to the victim.

I have about 300 rolls of hay that I want to donate to farmers in need from the hurricane. Does anyone know who I should contact to see if there’s a need or a website to list them on. Thanks
The Tennessee Catleman’s Association has been coordinating some of this. I’m sure they can get you heading in the right direction. Thanks from a Tennessean.

even if. pic was poignant and very well done. fact is rembrandt ,homer,michelangelo,remington,rockwell,wyeth,many,many,many others did things that were not real "pictures". they had and presented a message.

Hey man, I'm having some scotch and that's still hard to read. 😄

Anyway, all of them fellers didn't have AI faking their way through to the masses.

Reactions: 91Eunozs
Been off here for bit but some might remember me. Working to put together a trailer of supplies from Houston at the weekend. Can anyone give a reliable collection point and contact for drop off? The guys doing the mule trains seem legit but don't want to overwhelm them as news will attract more support than they might be able to handle. TN preferred for proximity but is what it is. I'm kinda over giving money to charities and prefer to control my own destiny. Hate leaving mobile number but 832two083two29 if anyone has ideas. @armorpl8chikn @DarnYankeeUSMC nice to see you again
There's many places all around the outer edges that are doing some good things. The local TV stations have listings of donation sights in the web page and Facebook page.
My wife dropped off some things at a church in Greenville today. She called and asked what was needed before going. Blankets, pillows, non perishable food, powdered milk, containers, things for senior citizen like adult diapers and they told her that they had a massive amount of clothing already donated. Of course water.
The old Wal Mart in Newport TN is a collection site. They are serving the small communities between Newport and Asheville that no one is hearing about. And there's tons of them along the French Broad, nolichucky and pigeon rivers.

When do the gun confiscations begin? You know, for public safety to prevent looting.

Wouldn’t surprise me if we start reading stories of -60’s setting down with desperate folks thinking it’s a supply drop, and armed men jump out to steal people’s firearms, and leave.

Our government wouldn’t do such a thing… What am I thinking.

When do the gun confiscations begin? You know, for public safety to prevent looting.

Wouldn’t surprise me if we start reading stories of -60’s setting down with desperate folks thinking it’s a supply drop, and armed men jump out to steal people’s firearms, and leave.

Our government wouldn’t do such a thing… What am I thinking.
"Is that class IV armor?"

Yancey county was hit hard, we only got power back last night and cell phones came back yesterday and we are super lucky to have had minor damage. But on one good note there is a army of electrical trucks and people along with hundreds of volunteers. But the town will be without water until who knows when. This will be a long rebuild but thank goodness its warm weather.

their handlers think very clearly about such things. they are hoping to add to the loss of life,disruption and destruction.
COVID and the vaccines didn't wipe out enough people. So the one's here that die from the lack of potable water, exposure (lows in the 40s next week), hunger, injuries because they are stranded, etc is a win for them.

I live in Marion, NC. McDowell County. The local and area effort has been amazing. Local churches and businesses have started drop points for water, food, diapers, otc meds and clothing. NC Baptist disaster recovery team is feeding 30,000 meals a day from Grace Community Church. Nebo Crossing church is hosting NC NG toc, Universal Furniture is housing the EOC. thousands of volunteers are helping with food, road clearing-tree cutting. Appalachian Army getting to work.