• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

20 amp breaker tripped and wont reset.. yes not a shooting topic

Instead of starting another thread, does anyone have a fix for X Boxes tripping AFCI breakers? I did a Google search and it appears to be a thing but with no fix found by me, other than replacing it w/ a GFCI breaker. Which is against code.

There are Old electricians, and there are Bold electricians, but there are NO Old Bold electricians. (told to me by an old electrician)

Instead of starting another thread, does anyone have a fix for X Boxes tripping AFCI breakers? I did a Google search and it appears to be a thing but with no fix found by me, other than replacing it w/ a GFCI breaker. Which is against code.
Add a surge protector to plug into...
Then try a different outlet on "another circuit", with your surge protector installed on that different outlet and different circuit.

Add a surge protector to plug into...
Then try a different outlet on "another circuit", with your surge protector installed on that different outlet and different circuit.
That there be good advice. Problem is, is the panel labeled correctly? Most people have no idea which circuit they are plugged into. However, if the breaker is tripping, fine. But there are other plugs on the circuit. And AFCI breakers are so inconvenient. But that's gummint for you.

Have you tried swapping the cord? If that's not it, sounds like a power supply dieing. Filter capacitor failures are notorious for upsetting arc fault breakers.

There could also be a bad connection in the power supply that is causing it.

I had a bizarre issue with hair dryer or recessed lights tripping breaker.

it was caused by a faulty smoke detector on the same circuit

I had a bizarre issue with hair dryer or recessed lights tripping breaker.

it was caused by a faulty smoke detector on the same circuit
Strange stuff does happen with electrical, but I've experienced some really weird shit in the RF world.
Desk fan on low only making a computer mouse squeal, compact florescent shutting down a 12Vdc power supply, IR cameras stopping rides from starting & draining battery's on those left overnight in one parking spot. Door bells that would turn TV's on or off. Just takes the right freq to make you scratch your head at times.