• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Accuracy International Picture Thread

Please start. Why aren’t you loving it?
I like the easy zero procedure; i have the newest one so the turrets feel really good. It is heavy as hell and whichever way i set it up rifle does not feel level. It is 19# rifle with a bipod and no weights.
Glass is great, it breaks through mirage great. I set it up to my eye but everytime i get behind the scope it does not feel natural like it did with my Leupolds and Nightforces. Shame it has better glass than 7-35 atacr and certainly better than mk5.

I like the easy zero procedure; i have the newest one so the turrets feel really good. It is heavy as hell and whichever way i set it up rifle does not feel level. It is 19# rifle with a bipod and no weights.
Glass is great, it breaks through mirage great. I set it up to my eye but everytime i get behind the scope it does not feel natural like it did with my Leupolds and Nightforces. Shame it has better glass than 7-35 atacr and certainly better than mk5.
Don’t feel bad, I tried two different ones in a row only to realize I’m happier behind an ATACR 7-35 and S&B 6-36. Tried the FCO 5-27 also and it just wasn’t for me either. The one I trust the most out of all of em is the ATACR.

the TT I got behind briefly I felt the same. Something about the edges felt almost artificial and hardly any scope outline. I was constantly distracted. The ZCO I felt similar but not nearly as bad but with how tempermental the parallax was had me stay with my ATACR/S&Bs.

the TT I got behind briefly I felt the same. Something about the edges felt almost artificial and hardly any scope outline. I was constantly distracted. The ZCO I felt similar but not nearly as bad but with how tempermental the parallax was had me stay with my ATACR/S&Bs.
Don’t feel bad, I tried two different ones in a row only to realize I’m happier behind an ATACR 7-35 and S&B 6-36. Tried the FCO 5-27 also and it just wasn’t for me either. The one I trust the most out of all of em is the ATACR.

so okay, you two get it.

so okay, you two get it.
I’ve owned the 735ATACR, 527ZCO, and (now) 735TT. The ZCO was absolutely a pain in the dick with the parallax, which I hated dicking with at matches (not a big deal but annoying coming from an ATACR where I set it once and don’t have to fuck with it unless I was jumping to a farther tgt on a stage).

I’m liking the TT and I’m abusing it more and more at matches and in the truck off-roading. So far it’s holding up well. Plan was if I didn’t like it to jump to the SB636 and if I didn’t like that I’d go back to the 735ATACR

That said…

Give me the ATACR 735 w/ the TT’s toolless zero turrets and the MPCT2X reticle. Fuckin money winning combo right there.

Right? I’d take sb or nf detents over these. On windage I am really struggling to dial one click. Several times today I’ve tried to dial one click and put two or three on. Do they loosen up?

ETA the toolless zero feature is better than I expected. Love it

Call Mike high they’ll take care of you

No way it should have worked its way out. Torqued to factory spec it be impossible. Is this a new rifle?

Not a new rifle. Came back from AINA after service, and before everyone panics, it was user error and I was taken care of. I sent them the bare action after removing my barrel so I probably forgot to tape it down, left it loose and it worked its way out on its way there.

Called mile high and the gentleman I spoke to said it’s impossible to remove that screw without having the rifle completely broken down and I’d be risking cracking the frame…………I’ll try again tomorrow, maybe.

Not a new rifle. Came back from AINA after service, and before everyone panics, it was user error and I was taken care of. I sent them the bare action after removing my barrel so I probably forgot to tape it down, left it loose and it worked its way out on its way there.

Called mile high and the gentleman I spoke to said it’s impossible to remove that screw without having the rifle completely broken down and I’d be risking cracking the frame…………I’ll try again tomorrow, maybe.
Huh? You can remove the screw if you got the action out. Did you unbond it? The AXSA and AT would trap the screw between the stock side and action. As would the ATX but that isn’t bonded

Huh? You can remove the screw if you got the action out. Did you unbond it? The AXSA and AT would trap the screw between the stock side and action. As would the ATX but that isn’t bonded
It’s an AXSA… ok maybe he had a point now that I’m looking at it again. They may have debonded it and rebonded it and left the screw out during the service. I sent AI an email, I’ll wait to hear from them

It’s an AXSA… ok maybe he had a point now that I’m looking at it again. They may have debonded it and rebonded it and left the screw out during the service. I sent AI an email, I’ll wait to hear from them
I should clarify a bit

I think I can take the screw out of my AT with skins on. If not it’s just a couple screws for the skins. I don’t recall what my AXMC was like. But my ATX was definitely not coming out without removing the chassis

Is the AXSA quickloc able to back all the way out without running into the chassis?

I should clarify a bit

I think I can take the screw out of my AT with skins on. If not it’s just a couple screws for the skins. I don’t recall what my AXMC was like. But my ATX was definitely not coming out without removing the chassis

Is the AXSA quickloc able to back all the way out without running into the chassis?
I could see it sitting between the chassis and action, with the head being too big to be fully removed by hitting the chassis. Don’t have a screw to measure or check, lol.

Attachments

• IMG_4704.jpeg
    IMG_4704.jpeg
    467.4 KB · Views: 55
Reactions: hafejd30
I should clarify a bit

Isn’t the quickloc screw remaining captive the entire point while inside the skins or ATX chassis? I know, stupid question…. Back under my rock 🪨

I could see it sitting between the chassis and action, with the head being too big to be fully removed by hitting the chassis. Don’t have a screw to measure or check, lol.
I don’t have an AXSA but I’m sure someone will chime in. Can you access the washer area under the quickloc screw? I haven’t removed the quickloc screw on my AT to check

I’m assuming it falls between the bedded chassis and action which would be a pita to get back in

My AT without its skins
IMG_6790.jpeg

I don’t have an AXSA but I’m sure someone will chime in. Can you access the washer area under the quickloc screw? I haven’t removed the quickloc screw on my AT to check

I’m assuming it falls between the bedded chassis and action which would be a pita to get back in

My AT without its skins
View attachment 8500419
Yeah that area where the washer would go is open. I just don’t know if the screw head is supposed to be too big to fully back out or not. Sounds like it should be.

I’ve owned the 735ATACR, 527ZCO, and (now) 735TT. The ZCO was absolutely a pain in the dick with the parallax, which I hated dicking with at matches (not a big deal but annoying coming from an ATACR where I set it once and don’t have to fuck with it unless I was jumping to a farther tgt on a stage).

I’m liking the TT and I’m abusing it more and more at matches and in the truck off-roading. So far it’s holding up well. Plan was if I didn’t like it to jump to the SB636 and if I didn’t like that I’d go back to the 735ATACR

That said…

Give me the ATACR 735 w/ the TT’s toolless zero turrets and the MPCT2X reticle. Fuckin money winning combo right there.
I ordered an atacr coming in tomorrow. I always end up with a nf should have known better😂

Yeah that area where the washer would go is open. I just don’t know if the screw head is supposed to be too big to fully back out or not. Sounds like it should be.

It isn't... You can completely remove the quick lock screw on the axsa and axmc. To @Mr. F point above they only say don't remove it as it could be lost in the field...also it's possible if you are not careful to lose the washer down under the front part of the action where it pinches together to hold the barrel. There is no bedding there and your chances of getting that washer out without debonding are slim to none.

Reactions: hafejd30
I hear the new 7-35 is dominating every alpha optic out there

Much like the 5-25 did. Until it didn’t

It always amazes me how an optic with zero track record that is hardly available can cause such a argument over how great it is

If they didn't pay 35 different YouTube shills to promote it, we'd probably never have heard about Arken other than in passing conversation.

Literally 75% of the 'optics reviewers' have a link with a discount code.

If they didn't pay 35 different YouTube shills to promote it, we'd probably never have heard about Arken other than in passing conversation.

Literally 75% of the 'optics reviewers' have a link with a discount code.
I own the EP5 and for a rimfire optic it’s been great. But every optic in the bright sunlight looks decent. Next to a ZCO and NF which I also own it’s not a $500, $3500 optic killer. Its a decent $500 optic compared to other $500 optics

Reactions: diggler1833
Bunch of guys at the 1000yrd deck had arken a few weeks ago. Kept telling me how great they were until they couldn't see their misses, hits or track right. Had to break out my spotter to tell them how much they were sucking.
I compared my EP5, ZCO 527 and NF ATACR 735 in low light. I still own all three

When the knobs on a grill at 550 yards became hard to see with the NF the ZCO 527 could still see them

The Arken could barely make out the house it was sitting next to

They are not the same. I know it’s hurts peoples feeling but they’re not

If you shoot on a range only at 10 am. Yes they’re very close so buy the Arken

I compared my EP5, ZCO 527 and NF ATACR 735 in low light. I still own all three

When the knobs on a grill at 550 yards became hard to see with the NF the ZCO 527 could still see them

The Arken could barely make out the house it was sitting next to

They are not the same. I know it’s hurts peoples feeling but they’re not

If you shoot on a range only at 10 am. Yes they’re very close so buy the Arken
22 day matches I could see them having a place but there is a better option for just about every scenario I could think of. What I try to tell people is the amount of ammo and time you will waste with a budget optic could have been saved and spent on a better optic. Usually it's in one ear and out the other.

Same guys on the deck ribbed me a bit thinking I wouldn't be able to see the 10" plate at 1k because my scope maxed out at 12x. It's a s&b 3-12x50 pmii. Walked my 308 from 300-1000, went 3/5 on the 1moa plate (switchy winds) and Walked right back in. Packed up and left, all after spotting for them for 45 minutes because none of then could see shit. People need to understand glass quality over power and the just don't.

I ordered an atacr coming in tomorrow. I always end up with a nf should have known better😂
A NF optic is like a Glock. You know it will always work and you can trust your life with it, but you’ll be looked down on by snobs because it isn’t cool anymore.

I’ll die on this hill… the toolless zero feature on the TT should be on EVERY high end optic out there. I just love it so much hahaha

@HD1911 @FUNCTIONAL @xxflyingturtlexx @M8541Reaper

Okay I’ll play TT fan boy. I have owned TT 525P, NF ATACR 7-35 & 4-16, S&B PMII 5-25, Minox ZP5 5-25, Vortex AMG and Razors, Steiner T5xi, Leupold MK6, and Kahles 525. I have not owned a Leupy MK5, Henny, nor ZCO, but have looked through and shot through enough to make a fair call on them.

I would honestly only consider TT, ZCO, Minox, S&B, and NF “top tier”.

Minox ZP5 reticle is awesome, pretty much set it and forget it parallax, and glass is in line with TT and ZCO. Cost is great, but you have to live with that a warranty issue will take a while to resolve or you have an expensive brick. Turrets are okay, not great.

ZCO I can’t get past the turrets, reticles, or parallax. The image is massive and a pleasure to look through, but it’s not enough to edge out over other options.

S&B and NF are not the best at any one thing, nor does anything really stand out as excellent / great, but is good at everything. Just all around solid scopes

TT parallax and turrets are second to none. Image is top tier, if not the best. The reticle Gen2XR and Gen3XR took a while to get used to, its not as intuitive as other reticles, but once figured out worked really well.

I sold my first TT for a Atacr 7-35 and I would have no problem going back to an ATACR 7-35 MIL-XT if I had to, but I am plenty happy with the TT.

Okay I’ll play TT fan boy. I have owned TT 525P, NF ATACR 7-35 & 4-16, S&B PMII 5-25, Minox ZP5 5-25, Vortex AMG and Razors, Steiner T5xi, Leupold MK6, and Kahles 525. I have not owned a Leupy MK5, Henny, nor ZCO, but have looked through and shot through enough to make a fair call on them.

Minox ZP5 reticle is awesome, pretty much set it and forget it parallax, and glass is in line with TT and ZCO. Cost is great, but you have to live with that a warranty issue will take a while to resolve or you have an expensive brick. Turrets are okay, not great.

ZCO I can’t get past the turrets, reticles, or parallax. The image is massive and a pleasure to look through, but it’s not enough to edge out over other options.

S&B and NF are not the best at any one thing, nor does anything really stand out as excellent / great, but is good at everything. Just all around solid scopes

TT parallax and turrets are second to none. Image is top tier, if not the best. The reticle Gen2XR and Gen3XR took a while to get used to, its not as intuitive as other reticles, but once figured out worked really well.

I sold my first TT for a Atacr 7-35 and I would have no problem going back to an ATACR 7-35 MIL-XT if I had to, but I am plenty happy with the TT.
I was hesitant about the Gen3XR Fine reticle but after using it in an ELR and PRS match, it’s kind of grown on me. I think the toolless zero feature is enough to get me to keep it moving forward.

Then again…another Arken video popped up randomly in my feed so maybe I should just sell it and buy 15 Arken scopes.

Gen 2xr is actually one of my top preferred reticles. I need something between the Gen2xr and Tremor3 to have a perfect reticle. I like how the gen2xr is less busy but I do like a lot of the features of the T3. If the T3 had a lot of the fluff thats not needed pulled from it, make the wind dots smaller, add a little on the top horizontal for hold unders and it would be perfect.

Other than that I agree with your overall assessment. The glass on the ZCO and TT are more clear but it was the edges that screwed with my head. Had I had either for a longer time I probably would have learned to like it but I also didnt feel they offered enough to abandon my S&Bs and ATACRs.

I owned a Premier 3-15 and like an idiot sold it. That was easily my second favorite scope I've ever owned. Turrets, zeroing, parallax were all perfect with exceptional glass. My 3-12x50 PMii is my gold standard when it comes to glass and parallax forgiveness. Nothing has topped it for me in those 2 categories.

Reactions: blbennett1288

It took 15 shots with a 5-27 ZCO for me, nope! You are pretty spot on

A NF optic is like a Glock. You know it will always work and you can trust your life with it, but you’ll be looked down on by snobs because it isn’t cool anymore.

I’ll die on this hill… the toolless zero feature on the TT should be on EVERY high end optic out there. I just love it so much hahaha
Hey, I have been carrying a glock since 2003. I can own pretty much any pistol I want, but default setting is pretty kosher :D

Reactions: M8541Reaper
Any of the AXSR owners here ever compile an actual list of the hardware specs on the complete rifle?

Pic tax as it’s almost match time:
View attachment 8500640

#TacClassSass
#TacSassHero
#GotStarsInHisEyes
#BuyMyBathWaterSoICanShootMore
#NotSponsored
#Yet
Is that the SKB case cut for an AX from EuroOptic or is that a #TacClassHeroSpecial?

Hey, I have been carrying a glock since 2003. I can own pretty much any pistol I want, but default setting is pretty kosher :D
My main go to since 2006 has been my Gen3 G17. Might be getting a staccato P as an end of season gift in October. All the cool kids here have em so I obvi wanna be cool too…plus they’re tired of me outshooting them with my 17 😂

Is that the SKB case cut for an AX from EuroOptic or is that a #TacClassHeroSpecial?
Sir…that is absolutely a #TacClassHeroSpecial hahaha

Reactions: Dr. Strangeglove