Coup De Grâce, New Action from American Rifle Company, $899 WOW!

Agree, but it was the buyer's request. They didn't want UPS or Fedex because of local issues.

Plus with the new rules. UPS and Fedex won't ship parts anymore either unless you have an FFL account

Yep. While you can sneak gun parts through UPS or FedEx as an individual, if they get lost or damaged in shipping they won't pay a dime as you were in violation of their policies by shipping gun parts with a non-ffl shipping account.

UPS has a specific exemption for shipping scopes without an FFL account... That's it. Even something like a $10 AR grip is considered firearms parts now and requires an shipping account with an FFL agreement.

As far as I know, USPS is currently the only legit way for an individual without an FFL shipping agreement to ship gun parts or long guns, and as mentioned, USPS rates get out of hand quick for boxes with larger dimensions. Last barrel I shipped from CA to PA with USPS priority was $57 with the insurance. UPS would have been $22.

In other news, going to DROS my CDG in about an hour right after work. Yay!

This is what I would like to do as well. I have been watching carefully for information.

I don't think the magazine catch will be the problem. Hawkins is good about sending modified parts.

I read early on the CDG will not feed from the Hunter magazine. I'm hoping someone has the parts to confirm.

Thanks in advance.
Happen to have an update on this?

Earlier in this thread everyone was showing off their barrel work. I finally got mine back from the smith and thought I might share as well.
20230629_183901.jpg
20230629_183911.jpg
20230629_183928.jpg

wrt to the discussion of UPS and shipping gun parts....didn't you recnetly confirm with the local UPS Service Center that they reversed and are now shipping gun/parts as long as you are shipping to an FFL?

Nope... Read the policies straight from the source.

Only an FFL with a signed firearms and firearms products account with UPS can ship firearms or firearms parts with UPS regardless if it's a firearm or parts going to another FFL or parts going to an individual.

The only firearm related thing an individual can send through UPS with a regular shipping account now is a scope as scopes are the only part specifically exempted from needing an FFL associated shipping account.

The only way an individual can ship a firearm or firearms parts with UPS nowadays is if a company with the FFL shipping account sends you a prepaid label or prepaid return label, then you can ship the stuff on their account with their provided label but only if you call and schedule a pickup or take it right to a UPS hub. Third party locations like UPS stores cannot accept shipments generated with an FFL associated shipping account.

It's a real pain in the ass.

Went and DROS'd my action after work, it looks and feels great. Unfortunately it has to sit in 10 day jail before I can bring it home.

Reactions: pingunit

Only an FFL with a signed firearms and firearms products account with UPS can ship firearms or firearms parts with UPS regardless if it's a firearm or parts going to another FFL or parts going to an individual.

The only firearm related thing an individual can send through UPS with a regular shipping account now is a scope as scopes are the only part specifically exempted from needing an FFL associated shipping account.

The only way an individual can ship a firearm or firearms parts with UPS nowadays is if a company with the FFL shipping account sends you a prepaid label or prepaid return label, then you can ship the stuff on their account with their provided label but only if you call and schedule a pickup or take it right to a UPS hub. Third party locations like UPS stores cannot accept shipments generated with an FFL associated shipping account.

Went and DROS'd my action after work, it looks and feels great. Unfortunately it has to sit in 10 day jail before I can bring it home.
Whats drosd mean? slang for something?

I know what it says. And I also know you’re not @GBMaryland ! Haha

To be specific, the 10 day wait is California only garbage, the DROS is California garbage combined with 4473 federal garbage... Let's make sure we credit every government agency that makes this stuff more difficult than it needs to be. :ROFLMAO:
Yes please, make it clear the infringments on your constitutional rights cuz im unaware i guess what that word means. Our founding fathers could buy cannon, sails, food supplies and grenades at the same store while refusing a 4%tax on tea while making their own firearms at home that were far superior to what was owned by the british military. Maybe move to a better state but we all have work to do.

wrt to the discussion of UPS and shipping gun parts....didn't you recnetly confirm with the local UPS Service Center that they reversed and are now shipping gun/parts as long as you are shipping to an FFL?
I spoke to one of the local FFL’s (Chuck) who mentioned that UPS started backtracking on that.

If you’re shipping a firearm, they do want it going to an FFL. Which confuses me because you can ship a gun to yourself in another state without an FFL (Provided you having possession of your own firearm in the destination State is not a problem; CA,MA,NJ would be a problem)

But anyway, parts no longer seem to be a concern, nor are they checking for that.

Reactions: Baron23
I spoke to one of the local FFL’s (Chuck) who mentioned that UPS started backtracking on that.

If you’re shipping a firearm, they do want it going to an FFL. Which confuses me because you can ship a gun to yourself in another state without an FFL (Provided you having possession of your own firearm in the destination State is not a problem; CA,MA,NJ would be a problem)

But anyway, parts no longer seem to be a concern, nor are they checking for that.
Yeah UPS delivered a Proof barrel last week with there label directly on the Proof box. Obviously a gun barrel, no issues.

My UPS driver calls me Sicario :ROFLMAO:

Who wants to trade their CDG and cash monies for a Defiance?

There is also a little glitch. Even if no fluting is selected, you still have to select none in the next tab (fluting style) before you can add it to cart.
Field is required, but doesn’t auto-populate with the “none” value. Ought to be optional, auto-populated with “none” value, or conditionally disabled based on heirarchy…but what do I know about web design. 😉

Reactions: lash
Eh, we all are excited to get our actions in hand. But youre right, some chill is good.

I’m hearing you, I’m out of pocket a bazillion bucks for my 12 actions and accessories which shipped to the exporter 8 weeks ago… and sat there for 6 weeks because they literally hadn’t even started with the export paperwork (which was supposed to be finished a month before the actions arrived). I paid to ship them to another exporter and they’re finally on the way, but fuck me.

I definitely understand the excitement.

I ordered mine about a week after orders openned and havent heard a thing, they used to be great on email (sent 3) but think i need to give them a call .. mines a righty

oh really? didnt realize that, will cool my jets - thanks for the info
As noted above they are currently shipping some orders from the third day. All right hand short action. The orders that ship don't appear to be to be in the exact sequence they were order in, my guess is that it has something to do with parts being ran in batches and timing of any parts coming from outside vendors.

I am looking to get a lefthand triggertech special for whenever i get my lefthand CDG. Do they make the special in a two stage trigger, i have not found one advertised. Also should i be looking at Rem. 700 clones. Also with no bolt release

I am looking to get a lefthand triggertech special for whenever i get my lefthand CDG. Do they make the special in a two stage trigger, i have not found one advertised. Also should i be looking at Rem. 700 clones. Also with no bolt release
I don't see anything lefty in two stage on TT website. Get a BnA tac sport 2 stage in lefty. They have a better feel than a TT anyway. I run both. Put a BnA lefty on the ladies rifle and it's nice. Iove the fact the BnA dont have a wall directly behind the break, the trigger continues a ways rearward, and honestly if you were deaf, you'd never know the trigger broke, you feel nothing in the trigger. It's hard to teach/practice the fundamental of pinning the trigger as there is so much over travel I until it walls out, but man the BnA is a nice trigger.

Can you use the BnA tac sport 2 stage reliably on the CDG.
I see no reasn it wouldn’t work. Just need to follow B&A instructions for sear ht and install the correct one.

I’ve got a 2S Huber in my CDG set to 1.25lb total. Works flawless.
Also have a 2S Huber in a Gen 2 Nuke set to 1.5lb perfect function. TT single stage at 10oz in Archimedes with 700 on it, perfect so far.

Reactions: pingunit and lash
Yes...P.S. - oops, disregard...missed the lefty bit. I'm guess that all that makes a trigger a "lefty" is the side that the safety is on, right? Is that awfully important?