• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

How has your mail service been lately? USPS thread

Do you believe it's because USPS is "anti-gun" that they returned the part to the shipper? Or somebody along the delivery chain is anti-gun? See my post above about my "letter carrier."

I mailed a painting to a woman up there and it was lost in the seattle facility for 10 days so I did a trace, then it kicked loose. They had it all along they were just lazy and never sent it out for delivery.

No from what I understand from someone that works for USPS is they are outsourcing with a shipping company and it’s really screwing them

It’s just a rumor I heard. Not 100% positive

They outsource and give better rates to UPS and FEDEX depending on the area. I think right now fedex has the contract to move their mail between facilities and airports but it could be ONTRAC too. Some of their "select" shipping services are a combination of UPS and USPS.

They outsource and give better rates to UPS and FEDEX depending on the area. I think right now fedex has the contract to move their mail between facilities and airports but it could be ONTRAC too. Some of their "select" shipping services are a combination of UPS and USPS.
No from what they said it was an outside non UPS FedEx company.

No from what I understand from someone that works for USPS is they are outsourcing with a shipping company and it’s really screwing them

It’s just a rumor I heard. Not 100% positive

Understood. Believe it or not, for a 1/2 year, I worked for "Fedex Smart Post..." the Fedex equivalent to UPS's "Sure Post." I totally understand how things can get very late when either service is used. The pkg has to be shipped via Fedex long haul trucks to arrive at the sorting facility nearest to the Post office of destination. Each half trailer has to be backed up to a sorting dock, emptied and the packages travel up a series of conveyer belts and sorted based on size and destination. From that side of the facility, it goes via those conveyer belts to the other side of the facility, where they are dropped down and then "palletized" and then shrink wrapped based on a zip code region. USPS then comes and picks up the pallets in the wee hours of the morning from the Fedex sort facility. And you better make sure the pkg is put on the correct pallet or USPS might reject the whole pallet and they'd have to start over again. And you do not want to impact regular Fedex ground ops which happen very early in the morning, just after USPS comes to pick up the pallets. Same thing only the soting destinations are larger in number as they reflect the number of contract delivery trucks in place by 3rd parties (Unlike Fedex "Express," Fedex Ground uses 3rd party contract delivery vehicle companies for final destination delivery. They are painted in the Fedex Livery, but you'll see the name of theprivate vendor below and to the left of the driver/passeneger door.

So yeah, I get how things could be late and go "missing" for a while.

Reactions: BCP
Do you believe it's because USPS is "anti-gun" that they returned the part to the shipper? Or somebody along the delivery chain is anti-gun? See my post above about my "letter carrier."
That I can’t speak to, cuz I just don’t know. Seems odd that it happened 3 times. Doubtful it was the same person that handled it each time.

No from what they said it was an outside non UPS FedEx company.

Ontrac and several others have contracts to move mail for USPS and to make deliveries. Where I live they do seasonal contract deliveries especially to rural areas.

The only real solution is to have the management at Chick-fil-A take over the postal service...

I thought the Chick Fil A guy went to Harley?

Ours is terrible. We have 11ft of clearance on both sides of our mailbox, no obstructions but the mail lady can’t deliver to us because she can’t get to the mailbox.

Complained( politely, honest ) to our postmaster and he told us regulation is 15ft both directions and if she doesn’t feel safe attempting it then nothing can be done.

• Angry
Reactions: mtrmn
Pathetic at a level I can't even describe...

DEI shit at every turn.

They scan things as delivered that they never deliver.

They "LOST" a registered mail package last week.

Can't get a Native English Speaker at a Post office.

What do you expect.... Bernie was chairing the Post Office Committee in the Senate.

These commies have destroyed a once-great organization on purpose. Because it screws up commerce.

Sirhr