KRG Bravo Chassis

My goal was to get a rifle I could more easily carry in the woods, up and down the creek banks ... but not give up much in terms of sustained rate of fire ...

45978405982_a34eeac8fd_k.jpg

At the top, the McCree G-10/REM700/Criterion 308 22 inch at 16 LBS 1.4 OZ

And below the KRG Bravo/REM700/Sendero 308 20 inch at 13 LBS 1.8 OZ

==
So 3 pounds savings ! And I am happy with this weight savings result. I just put the Bravo rifle together today, have not shot it yet, but that will happen shortly. The barreled action came from a $600 off the shelf REM700 SPS TAC AAC-SD and as of right now the bravo stock is 100% out of the box. I will add the flush cup and a sling shortly, but I think that is it until I can come up with a good reason to add more weight. The Spuhr A-700 NV mount will be added to the spuhr mount once I can get my hands on one. That's another 7 OZ but required for me to make this rifle 100% night capable.

==
EDIT 01
First 20 rds.
The scope was moving from a 5.56(18) stoner with a zero moa rail to this rifle with a 20 moa rail, so I cranked 7 mils down and I was still high. Took 5 rounds to get to hit the first 3/4 inch dot. I was struggling with the eye relief and moved the scope forward first 1 rail notch then a second. Still a bit short on the eye relief. Also shooting into the morning sun made it tough to see the targets. But I was hitting dots at least once for each 3 rd group.

Will wait a couple of hours until the sun gets higher and try again. In the mean time, I add one spacer to the bravo butt stock assembly. I figure I will add one at a time of the 3 provided.

The known issue of avoiding putting pressure on the magazine is an issue for me, especially if I was shooting standing unsupported, but I inadvertently put pressure on the mag while dry firing and the bolt got stuck.
Also I had some trouble feeding rounds when actually shooting, but I hope that "rides up with wear'. :)
If the mag feeding is unreliable due to the plastic,, that could be a serious issue, but I remain hopeful this will not be the case.

Otherwise, things seemed fine and I think once I get the eye relief issue settled I should be able to get decent groups.

==
EDIT 02
After adding the one stock spacer and waiting for the sun to get higher ... went out and fired six groups ... the first was zeroing and clicked up one and right one.
Then five groups for the record
01 - 0.25
02 - 0.625
03 - 0.3125
04 - 0.375
05 - 0.75
AVG: 0.4625
Maybe I need to move the scope back one notch? I will try that tomorrow
The stock feels "hard" to my cheek, but still seems to get the job done. I might need to crank it up a tiny bit, I might be floating my head just a little. No feeding or other magazine problems this time.

Last edited:
Reactions: 37841anarchy
@Massoud

Justin, I was wondering, will you guys ever offer the enclosed foreend with the ARCA rail milled into it to avoid having to add the extra weight of the ARCA plate you offer? Been thinking about one for a Tikka build I have on the back burner, but would like to have the enclosed fore end with ARCA rail integral to it.

Thoughts?

@Massoud

Justin, I was wondering, will you guys ever offer the enclosed foreend with the ARCA rail milled into it to avoid having to add the extra weight of the ARCA plate you offer? Been thinking about one for a Tikka build I have on the back burner, but would like to have the enclosed fore end with ARCA rail integral to it.

Thoughts?

We did look at that but, because of the geometry of the forend, to have the material to cut in an Arca rail would have added basically the weight of just bolting on the separate Arca Rail. Right now we are considering a forend with an Arca Rail cut in but doing it as an item that adds weight. We're getting requests for ways to add weight to all of our chassis. The PRS stuff is bleeding over to the non-PRS long range shooters.
Justin

Reactions: MarinePMI
... We're getting requests for ways to add weight to all of our chassis ...

Haha ... that's high-larry-us ... my decision to buy the bravo was based on:

01 - LIGHT WEIGHT
02 - Availability
03 - Price

And the competition was McMillan ...

So, if volume of requests matters ... my request would be to REMOVE weight !!! :)

I already have heavy chassis (McRee) ... I want some good light ones !! And so far, the bravo seems to be one !

... mitigate recoil ...
]

Recoil. Is that an issue with the bravos ? I didn't notice any with mine ! :)

I haven't shot it off the tripod yet. I should try that today, since I can't go prone in the 1 foot deep snow ... well not and be able to see the targets ! :)

It turns out I need a temporary bravo NV mount. I planned to use the spuhr nv mount, but they went "out of stock" the week I went to order one.

So, looking at the KRG site, it looks like there are two NV mounts the kit and the nada kit and we need a spigot mount and there are two of those and arca and a nada arca. I called the KRG phone number twice today but keep getting VM. Does anyone know which NV mount and which spigot to order, or does it matter ?? I will mostly be using a BAE UTC-x ... but might get another PVS-30 or 22 one day.

==

EDIT 01
Got email reply from KRG to my query, they say the ARCA spigot supports ARCA and the nada ARCA spigot does not support ARCA. I don't know anything about ARCA ... so I know I do not need ARCA now ... but maybe I will one day ?? :D
I will ask another buddy who has a bravo if I will every need an arca.

Last edited:
It turns out I need a temporary bravo NV mount. I planned to use the spuhr nv mount, but they went "out of stock" the week I went to order one.

So, looking at the KRG site, it looks like there are two NV mounts the kit and the nada kit and we need a spigot mount and there are two of those and arca and a nada arca. I called the KRG phone number twice today but keep getting VM. Does anyone know which NV mount and which spigot to order, or does it matter ?? I will mostly be using a BAE UTC-x ... but might get another PVS-30 or 22 one day.

If you don't want the spigot, then get the INVR.

If you want a spigot mount, the NVMC kit is what you seek.

As for the spigot mount, if your bipod is on a dovetail mount and you want to put it on the spigot, then get the ARCA one. You can also direct mount on it too just like the regular one minus the dovetail capability.

Or just get the enclosed forend.

Reactions: Tx_Aggie
I want an NV mount ... I don't "want" anything else ... but it seems like the website is saying the NV Mount installs onto the spigot mount:

NV Mount Cap Kit replaces the IMUNS kit we sold previously. It installs onto the spigot mount, giving a top rail mount option for mounting night vision devices onto your chassis. The kit comes with the Night Vision Mount Cap (NVMC) and the appropriate spacers to use with the Spigot Mount as well as mounting screws.

Fits: All KRG Spigot Mounts

Restrictions: None

Weight: 3.3oz

Made by KRG. Material: 7075 and 6061 Aluminum, hard anodized

I will look for the "INVR" ... thx !

Yeah, per the website, it seems like the INVR is not for the bravo ...

Integrated Night Vision Rail (INVR): The INVR mounts in the barrel channel of the Whiskey-3, X-ray, or TRG-22/42 chassis and provides mounting options for night vision and other items. At the top is a Picatinny rail for mounting clip-on night vision devices. On either side are mount points for our QD Sling Plate, Sling Loop/QD Mount, or an L2 rail. The bore diameter is 1.15" so it will accept many heavy barrel contours. With some work it can also be made to fit in all versions of our Spigot Mount.

Fits: All Whiskey-3 Chassis, all X-ray Chassis, TRG-22/42.

Restrictions: Requires removal of steel insert plate on TRG's, can't use TRG bipod or very heavy barrel contours.

Weight: 4oz

Made by KRG. Material: 7075 aluminum and stainless steel.

Ok so played around tonight with (gulp) the Dremel and the Bravo chassis, the problem was/is the bravo chassis and the nucleus with a barloc nut are not simpatico (ie lots of contact on nut and aluminum backbone). So after much aluminum flying around in my basement, a nice gash on my index finger, a great idiot mark on the side of the chassis, and some extreme yelling from the wife that I was disturbing family feud... the deed was done. I did this whole project for two reasons number one I wanted to be able to change the barrel without removing the chassis and with the nut touching it complicated things. Number two I had the nucleus/barloc in an MPA chassis and the damn thing shot one hole groups (not an exaggeration), when I shot the same batch of my reloads in the KRG I struggled to get an inch group. Granted I probably had a sh*t day of shooting and it was the native american not the arrow... But I have to blame something.

Here's the pics ps @Massoud you can make it up to me by sending me a spigot mount and possibly a dvd of family feud :)

I will shoot it with a much clearer mind this Friday whilst everyone is shopping and blame it entirely on that damn nut when it returns to one hole.

View attachment 6973280View attachment 6973281

And yes I am damn salty as hell that I can see threads on my PVA barrel with the Barloc nut.

How much did you end up removing? I’m about to do the same build just with an origins action. I’m not sure if I want to remove that much material.

Just a heads up guys the INVR fits the newer Bravo's, since a few months ago. Most people still get the Spigot and NVMC kit though. The Spigot mount adds some stability in the bipod position which guys really seem to like. As far as Arca Spigot vs regular, if you don't know if you need the Arca or regular, then you need the regular.

MarinePMI don't wait too long, we don't have many triggers left. We'll make more of course but it could be a bit before they're back in stock.

Thanks guys,
Justin

... Just a heads up guys the INVR fits the newer Bravo's, since a few months ago. Most people still get the Spigot and NVMC kit though. The Spigot mount adds some stability in the bipod position which guys really seem to like. As far as Arca Spigot vs regular, if you don't know if you need the Arca or regular, then you need the regular ...

Thanks !!!

MarinePMI don't wait too long, we don't have many triggers left. We'll make more of course but it could be a bit before they're back in stock.

Thanks guys,
Justin

Well you have one less available now because I just ordered one. I was on the fence between the Midas and the Timney but after staring at them both for a few hours I like the adjustability of the Midas, and with the intro pricing I was able to get my wife to agree to it. Plus I didn't really want an orange trigger

Well you have one less available now because I just ordered one. I was on the fence between the Midas and the Timney but after staring at them both for a few hours I like the adjustability of the Midas, and with the intro pricing I was able to get my wife to agree to it. Plus I didn't really want an orange trigger

Because its orange, thats a little biased isnt it LOL

Ordered NV Mount kit and spigot mount for nv mount for Bravo chassis ... paid extra for faster shipping, should get here this week. I'm going out of town next week, so want to get it working this week if possible !

Because its orange, thats a little biased isnt it LOL

LOL! Perhaps. I have a Timney in one of my Tikka's, but it'll be interesting to compare the two (and I have ZERO complaints with the Timney, it's a very nice trigger). The thing about the KRG trigger I find compelling, is the ability to move the trigger forward and back; much like my AI comp trigger.

Reactions: Timney USA
Good to see Timney is keeping an eye on what we're doing ;) Next maybe we'll have AI watching our SOTIC rifle posts, haha.
We were happy to see that their (Timney's) trigger didn't look like ours even though they knew how ours worked and looked before they started on theirs.

Sorry about that MarinePMI but I knew they were going fast!

Wigwam please pm me your order number and I'll forward it on to help ensure it gets there.

Thank you for your business gentlemen,
Justin

This situation exists because the barrel you have is made to work with a BarLoc on an action with a much longer (+0.25") tenon than what you are using it on. We have the option to get a Nucleus barrel for a BarLoc with no barrel nut. There is an easy fix for this situation you have, we have an extended flange nut that will cover the additional threads necessary for the other action. And you can still use it with the BL. If you would like to fix the problem please call us Monday. We have the nuts on the shelf.

I am happy to read that it shot 1 hole though.

Oh I bought this barrel before the Barloc was a thought and it looks perfect with the PVA nut it came with :), I jest when I say seeing the threads is an issue (although I may hit you up on that nut since there is an easy fix). Your barrel is truly the easiest to clean, best shooting 260 barrel I have ever had the pleasure of owning and it just keeps getting better, I really want to get ahold of a 6 Creedmoor from you guys at some point.

Back to the KRG Bravo its really impossible to beat this stock at the price its offered, I am about to get another in Sako Green left handed for myself.

Reactions: bohem
Good to see Timney is keeping an eye on what we're doing ;) Next maybe we'll have AI watching our SOTIC rifle posts, haha.
We were happy to see that their (Timney's) trigger didn't look like ours even though they knew how ours worked and looked before they started on theirs.

Sorry about that MarinePMI but I knew they were going fast!

Wigwam please pm me your order number and I'll forward it on to help ensure it gets there.

Thank you for your business gentlemen,
Justin

Justin we have been doing it since 1946, no need to copy. It appears to be a lot like our Calvin Elite adjustable, be interested in trying one out sometime!

Thanks for letting us chime in!

Reactions: Bender
Ok, got the NV mount and the Spigot Mount for the Bravo chassis. Two "issues"

45218677085_04b996c5ed_k.jpg

01 - Clipon to far forward.
I had to turn the NV mount around and even skip one of the mounting holes to get the clipon close to the scope. It is still farther forward than I normally mount it on other guns, but this will work. But by skipping one of the holes, I wonder if it will come loose faster. Time will tell.

02 - Still no easy way to mount a sling mount to the bravo up front.
I tried using the "large" holes on the sides and bottom for flush cup mounts and the fit, but they pop right out with any pull.
The instructions leave a lot to be desired and dont' even reference the bravo chassis.
So if anyone has gotten slings to work with the spigot, I'd love to hear about it !!!
:)

44314004690_90aab524ab_k.jpg

KGR sells two different steel sling adapters that work with the spigot. A flat QD plate that fits over the hole in the spigot, and an HK hook that can also be used with QD swivels:

https://kineticresearchgroup.com/product/qd-sling-plate/

https://kineticresearchgroup.com/product/sling-loop-qd-mount/

You could also just buy one of the many M-lok QD swivel mounts on the market and attach that to the M-lok slots on the polymer forend.

For the NV mount, the integrated rail seems to sit further back towards the action and might be a better fit for super short profile scopes like your Leupold (though I think it precludes the use of the spigot, so your bipod would go back to being mounted on the forearm).

https://kineticresearchgroup.com/product/invr/

If you give KRG a call (or shoot them an email, that may be faster) and explain the issue they might let you return the spigot/nv rail combo and pick up the integrated mount instead. Like the spigot, it is compatible with the Bravo even though it's not listed as such on the website.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply !!

... If you give KRG a call and explain the issue ...

I've tried calling KRG several times, left VM etc. never gotten an answer or a response, whereas always get help on this thread !!! :)

==
I had been hoping the words
... In addition, it provides for various sling mounts, QD or otherwise ...
in the description of the spigot mount. meant "without buying more parts" ... but apparently not.

I have a field expedient solution for attaching the sling ...

45219815555_ad9e3792eb_k.jpg

Which can be improved with a loop of crimped fishing line thru a couple of the holes in the spigot.

Reactions: Tx_Aggie
I just picked up an MLOK pic rail with the QD hole, and plugged it into the foreend slots. May get the HK hook/QD mount in the future though, for something more solid.

On my X-ray, I have the plate and spigot, but for the Bravo I'd like to go as light as possible.

Aye. My original (and still ideal) plan is to go with the Spuhr A-700 NV (inline) mount for this gun (and all bolt guns).

https://www.milehighshooting.com/spuhr-a-700-night-vision-clip-on-adaptor-itar/

But after my watching it all year, it went out of stock, the week I went to order one. So I need a solution while I'm waiting for that one. But sounds like the QD mount to the side of the fore end slot is the solution of choice for the sling on the bravo. I am also trying to go as light as possible. The a-700 is 7 oz and will be farther to the rear, so preferred over a solution farther forward.

How much did you end up removing? I’m about to do the same build just with an origins action. I’m not sure if I want to remove that much material.

It really wasnt that much material to remove but its going to require a Dremel. I am about to buy an Origin LH and the exact same stock and setup if it was that terrible I certainly wouldnt sign up to do it again lol.

Reactions: Chaseerickson12
Dang that's quite an elk!

For everyone's info, you can use the Spigot and INVR together. You might need new mount screws for the INVR, basically you attach the spigot then run the screws to mount the INVR from the Spigot, through the backbone, into the INVR.

Regarding the QD positions, we do not like to cut QD points into aluminum. Yeah it works in the short term, but you have 4 super hard ball bearings in the QD part which gives a point load on relatively soft aluminum which is only about .050" thick there. So yes the Spigot requires the QD sling plate, those large holes are just clearance holes for your mount.

We try to make stuff that will outlast the shooter. That's why we use stainless or nitrided steels for steel parts including the QD mounts, stainless fasteners, etc.

Another solution as mentioned above is an MLok QD mount to the forend.

Thank you everyone.
Justin

Dang that's quite an elk!

For everyone's info, you can use the Spigot and INVR together. You might need new mount screws for the INVR, basically you attach the spigot then run the screws to mount the INVR from the Spigot, through the backbone, into the INVR.

Regarding the QD positions, we do not like to cut QD points into aluminum. Yeah it works in the short term, but you have 4 super hard ball bearings in the QD part which gives a point load on relatively soft aluminum which is only about .050" thick there. So yes the Spigot requires the QD sling plate, those large holes are just clearance holes for your mount.

We try to make stuff that will outlast the shooter. That's why we use stainless or nitrided steels for steel parts including the QD mounts, stainless fasteners, etc.

Another solution as mentioned above is an MLok QD mount to the forend.

Thank you everyone.
Justin

Justin, that's excellent. Thanks for all you guys do.

Had a "stuff came loose" day yesterday ...
01 the Spigot came loose ... just a little but the bipod and nv mounts are attached to the spigot and don't want them rattling around
02 the nv mount itself came loose ...
03 the rear sling cup come loose ...

So torqued the spigot and the nv mount screws to 20 i/p ... will see how long that holds.

As to the rear sling cup .. that ones seems rather fragile ... I guess I will just have to check it a lot.

==
Note I LOVE the bravo ... it has cut my group sizes by 25% to 30% ... and I'm willing to blame myself for all the loose ness I had yesterday ... but just reporting for completeness.