New Zealand’s Lesbian Navy Captain Loses $100M Naval Ship in Peacetime Disaster – Ship Runs Aground, Catches Fire, and Sinks, Unleashing Oil Spill.

Reactions: LuckyDuck
Is the New Zealand Navy that different from ours? The Captain is fully responsible for his vessel and receives the blame for any incident, right?
Why are you asking me questions? The CO is responsible for the safe operation of the vessel, period. If operation contrary to policies, procedures, regulations, etc. is found to be the cause of an incident the CO is responsible. When was this determination made?

How long you been a captain?

I've owned a business for over 30 years. If my employees / sub contractors screw up I am responsible. That's the way it is.

No such thing, or have you gone all woke on us?

sarcasm-big-bang-theory.gif

Reactions: LuckyDuck and BurtG
Which has absolutely nothing to do with anything in this thread. But I am certain you have an abundance of experience in your stated issues.
Yer right. She's got no responsibility for the ship that she was assigned to be captain of.
What a deal she got. All the pay and zero responsibility. Cuz that is how it works in the military. I can hear her now, "Sorry about your ship. Can I borrow another one?"

Yer right. She's got no responsibility for the ship that she was assigned to be captain of.
What a deal she got. All the pay and zero responsibility. Cuz that is how it works in the military. I can hear her now, "Sorry about your ship. Can I borrow another one?"
Which has absolutely nothing to do with anything ever said in this thread. Can you not read, or is it a conscious decision to simply not try?

Reactions: sloporsche
Why are you asking me questions? The CO is responsible for the safe operation of the vessel, period. If operation contrary to policies, procedures, regulations, etc. is found to be the cause of an incident the CO is responsible. When was this determination made?

I'm just spitballing here, but I'd wager running a vessel aground is contrary to policies, procedures and regulations regarding safe operation of the vessel.

Mapping, sonar and a host of other tools, used in a proper manner would prevent the grounding.

Losing power? Is the rudder completely dead at zero power?

I have no idea, I was an aircraft maintainer. I just know craft are usually inundated with redundant technology.

Any squids care to weigh in here?

As to her love of the 11, I couldn't care less, unless that love is what got her into that seat. If that's true, then it becomes another DEI failure and incompetency comes into play.

Remember, the key is to promote them ABOVE their level of competency.

I'm just spitballing here, but I'd wager running a vessel aground is contrary to policies, procedures and regulations regarding safe operation of the vessel.
And that would be wrong. Policies, procedures, and regulations have to do with proper operation. Please state the evidence the ship was operated contrary to those. Grounding was the result. Please provide the evidence you have as to the cause.

Your mom?
My mother was prettier than Johnny Depp. Maybe not by a lot.

Side story - There is a legend that a mother can mark a child by something that catches her attention. My brother is younger than I am. He was born in November of 1966. All that year was the premiere of "Star Trek." My mother's favorite character was Mr. Spock.

I shit you not, my brother has ears that come to a point. Not a sharp point like the prosthetics, but sharp enough.

My enduring question is when she was pregnant with me, why did she have to watch "Lassie"?

• Haha
Reactions: BurtG
My mother was prettier than Johnny Depp. Maybe not by a lot.

Side story - There is a legend that a mother can mark a child by something that catches her attention. My brother is younger than I am. He was born in November of 1966. All that year was the premiere of "Star Trek." My mother's favorite character was Mr. Spock.

I shit you not, my brother has ears that come to a point. Not a sharp point like the prosthetics, but sharp enough.

My enduring question is when she was pregnant with me, why did she have to watch "Lassie"?
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
You might have something there...My mom loved "My Favorite Martian" when carrying my brother. Could explain a lot. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Ronws
And that would be wrong. Policies, procedures, and regulations have to do with proper operation. Please state the evidence the ship was operated contrary to those. Grounding was the result. Please provide the evidence you have as to the cause.

Dude, you're having trouble understanding other people.

But, to answer your question, here goes.

The ship running aground IS the evidence the ship was being operated contrary to policies, procedures and regulations.

Find me some evidence where running aground IS following the above three.
I'll wait.

Running aground isn't always the result of not following the 3, but incidents and accidents are always cause and effect. Most of the time it's failure to follow proper procedure. Prove to me where it isn't.

Barring the rare catastrophic failure of major items, wreckage is most certainly caused by those that operate said craft.

You keep throwing out the prove it to me line. How about you prove she was following the big three?

And yeah, I've done accident and incident investigation numerous times for Uncle Sam on some extremely expensive items.

That's a very well crafted debate tactic. Funny how you tried to reverse that and take it off the table. Probably would have worked in a freshman debate.

Dude, you're having trouble understanding other people.

But, to answer your question, here goes.

The ship running aground IS the evidence the ship was being operated contrary to policies, procedures and regulations.
Then there would be no need for an investigation. The captain is guilty period. Sorry, that is not how it works. There are reasons other than incompetence for a grounding. Many. So the end result is NOT the proof.

Then there would be no need for an investigation. The captain is guilty period. Sorry, that is not how it works. There are reasons other than incompetence for a grounding. Many. So the end result is NOT the proof.

I suggest that you read and take to heart, Jocko's 'Extreme Ownership'. She owns it an no matter how hard YOU try to make excuses for her, SHE owns it. You border on pathetic.

That's a fucking river, not the open ocean. Even tossing an anchor wouldn't have prevented the grounding.

Completely different circumstances.

Nice deflection

That's a fucking river, not the open ocean.

Irrelevant. I am not comparing incidents, but causes. There are shipping accidents NOT caused by incompetence. As evidenced by your many posts, you have NO INFORMATION that would indicate incompetence other than the ship ran aground. In fact, you have nothing but the fact she was a lesbian, a woman, and the ship grounded.

It is a concept of innocence until proven guilty. A concept that does not hold much water here.

I do not expect anyone here to accept that a lesbian woman, a goddam DEI hire no less, could be a competent commanding officer. Outrageous. She is guilty because she IS. Nothing else need be said. Fucking twat. And everyone said "Aye". :rolleyes:

That's where you're completely wrong about most of us.
I wouldn't expect you to recognize that, since you couldn't be wrong about anything, and everyone else is at fault for her having the accident.
I don't give a flying rats ass who is or was in the seat and I stated that. You conveniently skimmed over it so you could browbeat us with your moral and intellectual superiority.

How many vessel/craft investigations have you been intimately involved in?

Have you answered any of the questions we've asked of you?
None.

What proof have you shown the Captain in change of the vessel followed all procedures and regulations?

None.
No answers.
And zero experience with vessel/ craft investigations.

So shut your leftist fucking dick sucker.

Ship sunk.

Carpet Muncher at helm.

Really nothing more to say.

Captain commands ship. Ship hits shit and sinks.

Carpet muncher is responsible!

Nothing else matters! Certainly not grammar!!

Cheers… t

Sirhr

Come on. At this point we all now how AZlong feels about this and anything more is like teasing the shortbus moron in grade school. Yes, it makes one feel superior, but we all know it's kind of mean.

What about that captain of a cruise ship who ran aground and half-capsized the ship because he was showing off to his girlfriend?

I don't think he was lesbian or any kind of DEI hire.

I am not reading through this whole thread. I do think a full investigation must be made to prove or disprove incompetence. I think the carpet munching is secondary. And even if she was promoted in order to comply with DEI, being a DEI hire is not the cause of the accident. I am not defending her or even backing up @AZLong .

I don't know if I can make the point any clearer.

I get it, they have not lost a ship since the time of WWII. And the only time they have lost one is just now. And I am okay that it turns out to be DEI hire causes problems, And I think it does.

A long time ago, before you could get you engineer stamp, you had to work in the field and log some time doing road construction or electrical work. An architect had to weld or nail on a few tails before designing them for others.

Problem was, most woman and, of course, cripples could not complete the physical work requirements. So, they got rid of that internship requirement. And so you have engineers and architects designing stuff, never having once picked a hammer.

Reactions: Big Phish and BurtG
As expected?

Please expand on that useless response. Because you said exactly nothing.
You remind me of my ex wife who always had to say something stupid under her breath as she left the room.

Maybe you should add in another, "go read a book".

You love to insult people, but hate it when it's turned on you.

...I was on a Navy ship that tagged a rock. Next port, new Capt. That’s how it works...
You might know this:
Mid to late '80s - wasn't there a flag officer that ran aground, lost his command (obviously), got reduced to E1, corrective custody, and a BCD?
Pretty sure I saw it in the Navy Times, or maybe Leatherneck, when one or the other used to publish UCMJ proceedings.

Reactions: Big Phish
There’s been a lot of stupid shit posted in the bear pit but this has to be right towards the top. The fact that some of you honestly believe that the reason she crashed is because she’s female and/or lesbian is comical. I work with some of the most respected eye surgeons in the country and what a surprise, some of them are women! Not only that, a couple are even gay! Gasp! Some of you couldn’t pass a basic math test and you are going to judge a navy captain. In case you’re wondering why no women will sleep with you you might start here. And no, having to pay for it doesn’t count.
Yes because Didnt Earn It isn’t a thing right.

That applies to school , medical school , and hiring for your eye docs too

Uh huh.

Legal immigration - it's a thing.

There's no doubt that we are fortunate in not sharing a border with anyone. If you can walk across to here you can stay.

Otherwise, if you want in you have to follow the rules. I recommend that as an immigration policy.

That said, I'm having trouble getting qualified staff - you aren't a welder, are you? The link won't open on my phone, but we are looking for people. Not the flotsam and jetsam of Central America, but contributor types with skills.

As expected?

Please expand on that useless response. Because you said exactly nothing.
You remind me of my ex wife who always had to say something stupid under her breath as she left the room.

Maybe you should add in another, "go read a book".

You love to insult people, but hate it when it's turned on you.
Slightly before my time. IIRC it was ‘93 off Somalia the Wasp tagged a rock while doing circles. The Navy didn’t air their dirty laundry to us, but there was a new Capt pretty quickly.

Which has absolutely nothing to do with anything ever said in this thread. Can you not read, or is it a conscious decision to simply not try?
There isn't a single SH member here that would label me as being in cahoots with @DarnYankeeUSMC to include himself. We've practically argued against each other in every topic that we've ever crossed paths with and frankly I don't like him all that much. But in this topic- I will fully defer to the gentlemen and agree with 100% of what he's trying to educate you on.

Personally, I couldn't give a crap about NZ's Navy, or how they promote people but this is a national level embarrassment for NZ and you'd be wise to re-read what @DarnYankeeUSMC is telling you because that's how things work with these ships and the leadership entrusted to them. Arguing against that makes you sound like a fool (respectfully).

Again, I don't know you, and you don't know me, but I'd strongly recommend you take a step back and re-read what's being explained to you.

-LD

Maritime law applies to all vessels, but for military vessels military law also applies and is typically much more rigid.

At least in the US Navy the Commanding Officer is responsible for EVERYTHING that happens to their command, good, bad or disastrous. If the NZ Navy is the same, the Commanding Officer is responsible. Equipment failure? CO. Lack of maintenance or effective repair leading to equipment failure? CO. Improper navigation? CO. Ineffective damage control response to equipment failure? CO.

In the US Navy, that CO would be gone. Of course there would be a root cause analysis, AFTER the CO was gone. And many other heads would roll too.

At the end of the day, whoever is in command sets the tone of the vessel. If the CO is OK with taking shortcuts, the rest of the ship's crew also takes shortcuts. If the CO alows maintenance to fall behind, it quickly baloons. If the CO takesa chances, the ship can easily lose power and run aground.

What about that captain of a cruise ship who ran aground and half-capsized the ship because he was showing off to his girlfriend?

I don't think he was lesbian or any kind of DEI hire.

I am not reading through this whole thread. I do think a full investigation must be made to prove or disprove incompetence. I think the carpet munching is secondary. And even if she was promoted in order to comply with DEI, being a DEI hire is not the cause of the accident. I am not defending her or even backing up @AZLong .

I don't know if I can make the point any clearer.

I get it, they have not lost a ship since the time of WWII. And the only time they have lost one is just now. And I am okay that it turns out to be DEI hire causes problems, And I think it does.

A long time ago, before you could get you engineer stamp, you had to work in the field and log some time doing road construction or electrical work. An architect had to weld or nail on a few tails before designing them for others.

Problem was, most woman and, of course, cripples could not complete the physical work requirements. So, they got rid of that internship requirement. And so you have engineers and architects designing stuff, never having once picked a hammer.

He was Italian… have you driven in Naples?

Heck, the whole post WW2 Italian Navy has glass-bottomed boats so they can see the pre-WW2 Navy.

Plus likker was involved in both cases!

Sirhr

• Haha
Reactions: Ronws and Jscb1b
Why does the New Zealand Navy have glass bottom hulls?

So they can see the old New Zealand Navy sunk by incompetent, DEI lesbian captains :)

Seriously, I never realized so many woke leftists were into long range shooting and members of SH. Maybe after that cunt Kameltoe loses, they will go back into hiding where they fucking belong.

He was Italian… have you driven in Naples?

Heck, the whole post WW2 Italian Navy has glass-bottomed boats so they can see the pre-WW2 Navy.

Plus likker was involved in both cases!

Sirhr
I've been in a taxi in Naples, utter madness.

This old guy who could barely walk with a cane was crossing the road, not a single person let him cross. Just all drove around him.

Scooters would just fly through pedestrian crossings while everyone was crossing the road.
Cars parked In the middle of the road where there was clearly no parking allowed.

Arriving into Naples ples was a huge culture shock but it quickly got a lot better. Food was amazing, and dirt cheap. Eating Pizza with a knife and fork is strange though.

That's where you're completely wrong about most of us.
I wouldn't expect you to recognize that, since you couldn't be wrong about anything, and everyone else is at fault for her having the accident.

Quote a post where I assigned blame to anyone. Anyone at all. I'll wait.

I don't give a flying rats ass who is or was in the seat and I stated that. You conveniently skimmed over it so you could browbeat us with your moral and intellectual superiority.

I skimmed nothing. The vast majority of folks here have the exact attitude I suggested.

How many vessel/craft investigations have you been intimately involved in?

Not this one. And that is the only one being discussed. Any real investigator knows the pitfalls of beginning an investgation with any prejudices. They all have to be investigated thoroughly and without preconceived opinions as to cause, fault, blame etc.

Have you answered any of the questions we've asked of you?

There were no questions asked that I or anyone here has the answer to.

What proof have you shown the Captain in change of the vessel followed all procedures and regulations?

The exact same proof you have that she didn't. You see, that is THE POINT. You do not know anything about what caused or lead to the accident. Nothing.

So shut your leftist fucking dick sucker.

Evidence that you have lost and conceded the argument. This is the behavior of someone that has no arguments, so simply (attempts) denigration and ridicule. As expected.

Last edited: