• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

The war in Ukraine and Donbas

I'd say the Ukraine conflict actually goes a long way towards proving that the days of heavy combat vehicles are pretty much over as on both sides any big heavy armoured vehicles are kind of sitting ducks for missiles and drones.

Remember how everyone was rejoicing when the Ukrainians were blowing up all the Russian tanks with missiles from the USA and going on about how stupid and backwards and outdated the Russians were?

Oh and then surprise, surprise the Russians learned the game and when the Ukrainian puppets tried the same thing they got all blowed up...
The USA and the western stooges of the USA don't care, they got to write off excess and unused equipment as Aid and all the dying is done by others so all good for profit in war...
Russia has done a helluva job using minefields to steer Ukrainian armor into routes/positions that they had already pre-zero'd their arty onto. Along with the Lancet drones..

Reactions: RUTGERS95
Russia has done a helluva job using minefields to steer Ukrainian armor into routes/positions that they had already pre-zero'd their arty onto. Along with the Lancet drones..
Did you see the one Funker showed yesterday where the Uks did the same thing. There was a colum of Russian tanks, lead tank hit 2 mines, rear tank shot lead tank, mounted troops dispersed and then a Cluster arty shell was plobbed right on top of them.

That was impressive.

Reactions: Forgetful Coyote
700$ check if every Maui resident qualifies is barely 120mio$ , that is probably what Ukrainians spent on hookers and blow in August.

And then there is Hussein and his ramblings

Back when I worked for "corporate america" they really pushed you to make donations to the red cross and unicef. And by pushed I mean PUSHED HARD well past the point of intimidation and thin threats. For me this way quite a few years ago, pre Y2K. Back then I told them no, did not stop them from pushing, and threats of well this will not look good for you. The next time around I called them on it. I told them....You know that in the state of KS you can record a conversation you are personally in and not inform the other person you are talking to. Blank looks. It was a bluff, but it worked.

I left the bank not long after that.

but every death is for the greater good of the New World Order. And those guys say "fuck white men. just die already like we want you to"

Bill Gates says that every death is good for reducing climate change too.

I wonder where our next proxy war will be? An attempted overthrow of Belarus?
I have even money on someplace in Africa. So many things are pointing us in that direction.

Several days ago the US blocked Southfront and they had to change their domain name. Looking through Youtube and other mainstream sources of propaganda, you can see how childish the garbage is that we are supposed to believe.

The same pieces of shit who stole the election and clamped down on political dissent are now in full swing. they don't want us to hear anything except approved lies and propaganda. It's not just our standard of living that has been stolen. It's not just our borders and our sovereignty. They want to control everything we think. If we don't realize we are slaves, maybe we'll be obedient slaves. And it's only going to get worse. Freedom in the US is dead. We were the victim of a hostile takeover of our Republic, and many don't even realize it. Worse yet, employees of this alternate government defend everything which is being done to us.
I know I sound like a broken record on some things, but if you have time read this book, it was published in 1985. There is a great deal in the book on how "information" was delivered to "the people" in years gone by. We have all learned about the Lincoln debates, those went on for hours.....like someone talking for 3-5 hours straight, then the other guy gets time to talk as well.

So there is a great deal of that in the book that might or might not interest you. It does get into the meat of this, and he did it in 1985:

1692715466427.png

This is the world we live in.

1692715500208.png

1692715634210.png

1692715676287.png

North American society is weak and soft. Russians are not. In fact, everywhere besides Western Europe and NA are filled with stronger, more driven focused inhabitants than the woke west.

I think that depends.

"The West" has infested some of the larger cities in Russia. But now with all those companies pulling out I see this as nothing but a win for the Russian people. Sure they loose their Ikea and McNasty.....just what is the down side to those places being gone.

In "the west" I think it really depends on where you are. Pick any "red" area that is on a political map you can bet money it is "redder" then "they" say it is. I think the majority of those people are not weak and soft. They may still be fooled in thinking the R's work for them and push their interests, but I think that is going away very quickly.

No doubt the cities are not going to go well. Personally I think this is another miscalculation on the left/woke part. Those people in the city will support them till their last breath. Where as the rest.......
The cities falling apart, the blue areas are chanting F Biden. This is not what they want. How they deal with that is anyone's guess. But my guess is the fall of Trump one way or the other, "appointment" of a R that the establishment can point to and say.....see the other side won the country is lost. When most knows the real story.

What show was that?

There was an Orville episode called Majority Rule where "facebook" controls what happens. It is the courts and decides what happens.

I have not watched it lately but pre plandemic it was pretty good and followed the Star Trek theme of talking about the real world through sci-fi.

Reactions: 232593
There was an Orville episode called Majority Rule where "facebook" controls what happens. It is the courts and decides what happens.

I have not watched it lately but pre plandemic it was pretty good and followed the Star Trek theme of talking about the real world through sci-fi.

Black Mirror more accurately showed what our world is coming to in "Nose Dive" Season 3, Episode 1

I want to comment on the entire Ukraine being a country deal. Most of the stuff over there really got rolling after WWI when the west made some new lines on a map. They also screwed over a few other people in other parts of the world, but for now lets stick with Europe.

Ukraine was "a thing" for quite a while, what is not learned in schools is the countries in europe are not that old. Italy was not a country till the late 1800's. Germany a while before that, England, france, spain existed pretty much as they are. But when you say those three countries you get a specific idea in your head. One of the reasons France did what it did was because Europe was fractured, the german states did not all stand together as one. Even in WWI it was a bit of work for some areas in germany to get them to "support" the war.

People in those "other" areas, have a rather unique view of their heritage. I grew up with Greeks and some 1st gen greeks when we are kids. It was interesting on how they view family and their "home country". Their language spoken in their homes, foods, religion....... I think all the peoples in that neck of the woods have the same basic outlook as the greeks. I can't explain it well.

Ukraine had some real "interesting" history after 1917 into the 1930's. It was not pretty. I don't think they have moved on, some of those people are still with us, their children and grand children are still with us. Their stories have a personal connection as to just what the Russians did. There are underlying issues here, and I think that is fuel to this fire. See the russians..............

Personally I think that is a big reason we are having what we have, the 30 somethings are likely the last generation to have talked to a loved one about the things Stalin did in Ukraine. The kids in this conflict likely have stories from mom or dad, but no direct link to them. It sounded good at the start a year and a half ago, now I think it is wearing thin. I really think there are big moral issues there. I think this is something that is being supressed in a major way.

just that it was lost with all hands

not sure if true but was curious if anyone else saw anything

i'm hopefull of course, fk ukraine, fk china, and fk all democrats
I have no clue if they have or not.

Personally think if China lost a Nuke Sub, the Main stream would have it billboarded across the world.

Reactions: 232593
What is interesting that these guys had some sort of "camouflage cover" above them, but they still got hit by what sounds like a mortar or artillery shell with the first shot.
That my friend....is the sound of an incoming arty shell. Morters don't sound like that. Not impossible to get a first round pop if the gun has been laid well and the spotters give an accurate location for that first round

These were incoming mortars....

Attachments

• 1970-01-06 00.50.23.jpg
    1970-01-06 00.50.23.jpg
    439.1 KB · Views: 69
Reactions: M77 and kortik
It has been done before.

Well after it sunk. I have read about.

What I’m saying is I think, and this is just my opinion, if China lost a ship, they’d be scrambling to do something about it.

I don’t know how to track things like that or even look into it, but have heard stories from my god father when I was a child who worked for NOAA, they definitely monitored the sea’s.

Reactions: TxLabRat
arfcom has a 9 pager and its' on twitter. haven't seen anywhere so who knows

Hey Biden got a good two weeks of cover out of the joke with his game boy controller - why not try again?

That my friend....is the sound of an incoming arty shell. Morters don't sound like that. Not impossible to get a first round pop if the gun has been laid well and the spotters give an accurate location for that first round

These were incoming mortars....
The film showed flame from the explosion, and the camera was still working afterwards. What size arty shell do you think you could be close enough to the impact to see the combustion on a camera that was still working afterwards? I would have thought a small drone dropped device would be more plausible.

The film showed flame from the explosion, and the camera was still working afterwards. What size arty shell do you think you could be close enough to the impact to see the combustion on a camera that was still working afterwards? I would have thought a small drone dropped device would be more plausible.
interestingly enough, you heard the sound of the artillery being fired so how close were they? Tank maybe?

You would be surprised what will survive an arty shell blowing up it's not like the shratnel throws evenly.

If I had to guess, a 122 or 152.

Those poor sobs most have been new...you can hear the gun fire in distance probably 3-4 clicks out sounded like. Soon as they heard that thud they should have been ducking down down and counting to impact.

The high pitch noise is the shell incoming right before the explosion 3 seconds or so after the thud of the gun firing... Mortars don't do that they sound more like a flutter ime and a drone there wouldn't be any noise period.

If you are direct inline with a shell and its still supersonic, it sounds like a shebanshee right before it hits.

Here is a good example of the noise every mortar fired my direction ever sounded like..

Reactions: NoDopes
but it sounded pretty close and the travel time was maybe 2 seconds. listen again
I'm not sure but seems really close in that instance

2 seconds is roughly 2 clicks...if it was a tank, you wouldn't hear the tank fire before the shell arrived as it would be direct and traveling faster then the speed of sound but honestly i have never received direct fire from a tank.

The only reason you hear the gun fire then the shell arrive after in the video is the shell is coming down on its arc while the sound traveled in a straight line from the gun... Hence why you count during incoming....so if it's a miss and you don't have artillery radar up, you can give your best guess for counter battery fire at range and direction....