William Buck Memorial Postal Matches

Howdy fellow shooters. Here is my Factory Rifle contribution for July. Bull 9 looks like 1 shot, but it is 2. 195-16x. MTR, T24. CENTER-X.
IMG_2880.jpg

Reactions: Greyknife
Here is my 50 Yd Factory Rifle for July. Savage Mark II BTV and using Norma Tac 22 ammo. Somehow I got interrupted and shot 3 shots at number 7 target. You guys can adjust my score. Chalk it up to age! Greyknife/Ralph
July Target 50 yd.JPG

Attached is my July Submission. Range Master agreed that second shot on Target Two was into the "10 ring", hence him signing off of the target.
As to neuropathy, I have been in with Bergara and they suggested speaking with Trigger Tech. Trigger Tech was very helpful and informative. I will have the trigger once the USP finds my trigger as it as somehow been lost. Trigger Tech is allowing me to try the trigger for 30 days. If I am not happy with my findings, the trigger can be returned for a full refund.
I will post additional comments once I know more.
20240720_142308.jpg

Reactions: Rimfireshooter99
Attached is my July Submission. Range Master agreed that second shot on Target Two was into the "10 ring", hence him signing off of the target.
As to neuropathy, I have been in with Bergara and they suggested speaking with Trigger Tech. Trigger Tech was very helpful and informative. I will have the trigger once the USP finds my trigger as it as somehow been lost. Trigger Tech is allowing me to try the trigger for 30 days. If I am not happy with my findings, the trigger can be returned for a full refund.
I will post additional comments once I know more.View attachment 8463035
BergaraGumpa, I have your score posted. Nice shooting!

These targets require some explanation. I've spent several days over the past week working on problem rifles (i.e. rifles that I don't shoot as high a score as I think they should). I spent time screening ammo and working on my set-up for my two poorer performing 10/22's as well as my BSA Martini Mark II International and Tikka T1X. Anyway, this morning I decided to shoot the 10/22's for score.

The best three ammunition types for my 16.1" Fedderson barreled 10/22 were SK Rifle Match, RWS Semi-Auto and Eley BR SA Precision. I couldn't get the SK RM to settle down on the sight in target and so moved to RWS S/A to shoot a target for record. I shot the worst target I can remember with the primary problem being high flyers which were caused by not holding the grip tightly enough. I switched over to Eley S/A BR Precision to shoot another target which I think is permitted under the new rules and concentrated on holding the pistol grip tighter toi shot my best ever target with this rifle marred only by one flier on bull #8 which was shooter error.

Next up was the Ruger 10/22 with 16.5" Fluted Green Mountain Barrel. Eley Club and Remington Eley Club XTRA were the two best ammunition types for this rifle and I elected to shoot one of my two remaining boxes of Remington Eley Club XTRA (which I don't think is available anymore. Again, I had one terrible flier on bull 19 which ended up on the bull above it. I have no assignable cause for the flier. I moved to one of the sighter bulls to check POI and when I moved back I inadvertently shot bull #19 again. Regardless, I gave myself a zero for bull #19 but still shot my best ever target with this rifle.

Although both these 10/22's have trigger groups that have been reworked by Brimstone to about 3#, I believe the fundamental problem is moving from a Benchrest triggers breaking at less than a pound to a factory trigger . The reworked factory 10/22 triggers don't compare with the Kidd two stage triggers on my other two 10/22's but that's a problem that could be solved by about a $600 investment. Perhaps, I need to sell one of my rifles:) Or alternately practice more with the factory triggers.

Randy

Match-Grade Match
114/2X - Martini - Custom Ruger 10/22 with Fedderson Barrel/RWS Semi-Auto 7/23/24
184/5X - Martini - Custom Ruger 10/22 with Fedderson Barrel/Eley Bench Rest Semi-Auto Precision on 7/23/24
185/2X - Martini - Custom Ruger 10/22 with Green Mountain Barrel/Remington Eley Club XTRA on 7/23/24
ddxW7Kn.jpeg

yyfuvYF.jpeg

SSgZNI0.jpeg

These targets require some explanation. I've spent several days over the past week working on problem rifles (i.e. rifles that I don't shoot as high a score as I think they should). I spent time screening ammo and working on my set-up for my two poorer performing 10/22's as well as my BSA Martini Mark II International and Tikka T1X. Anyway, this morning I decided to shoot the 10/22's for score.

The best three ammunition types for my 16.1" Fedderson barreled 10/22 were SK Rifle Match, RWS Semi-Auto and Eley BR SA Precision. I couldn't get the SK RM to settle down on the sight in target and so moved to RWS S/A to shoot a target for record. I shot the worst target I can remember with the primary problem being high flyers which were caused by not holding the grip tightly enough. I switched over to Eley S/A BR Precision to shoot another target which I think is permitted under the new rules and concentrated on holding the pistol grip tighter toi shot my best ever target with this rifle marred only by one flier on bull #8 which was shooter error.

Next up was the Ruger 10/22 with 16.5" Fluted Green Mountain Barrel. Eley Club and Remington Eley Club XTRA were the two best ammunition types for this rifle and I elected to shoot one of my two remaining boxes of Remington Eley Club XTRA (which I don't think is available anymore. Again, I had one terrible flier on bull 19 which ended up on the bull above it. I have no assignable cause for the flier. I moved to one of the sighter bulls to check POI and when I moved back I inadvertently shot bull #19 again. Regardless, I gave myself a zero for bull #19 but still shot my best ever target with this rifle.

Although both these 10/22's have trigger groups that have been reworked by Brimstone to about 3#, I believe the fundamental problem is moving from a Benchrest triggers breaking at less than a pound to a factory trigger . The reworked factory 10/22 triggers don't compare with the Kidd two stage triggers on my other two 10/22's but that's a problem that could be solved by about a $600 investment. Perhaps, I need to sell one of my rifles:) Or alternately practice more with the factory triggers.

Randy

Match-Grade Match
114/2X - Martini - Custom Ruger 10/22 with Fedderson Barrel/RWS Semi-Auto 7/23/24
184/5X - Martini - Custom Ruger 10/22 with Fedderson Barrel/Eley Bench Rest Semi-Auto Precision on 7/23/24
185/2X - Martini - Custom Ruger 10/22 with Green Mountain Barrel/Remington Eley Club XTRA on 7/23/24
ddxW7Kn.jpeg

yyfuvYF.jpeg

SSgZNI0.jpeg
Randy, I have your scores posted!

BillZ, welcome and good shooting! Can you tell me are you shooting a repeater (V22) or the single shot Vudoo (V22s)? I have your score posted.
It is a Vudoo V22 360 repeater, TT diamond trigger, in a PDC chassis with a Zeiss S3 6-36 x 56 scope shooting off a Butch Lambert coaxial front rest with a Protektor 3" silver cloth heavy bag. The chassis has a 3 " front bag rider from LJW precision. Rear bag Proteckor Deluxe BB, silver cloth and heavy sand. I shoot a modified free recoil, pinch trigger, light face contact with no recoil pad contact. I have slightly modified the chassis, inserting sorbothane 40 in the cut out for weights to absorb vibration. I am currently testing different match ammo between Lapua and Eley. Will most likely travel to Ohio Lapua this winter for lot testing.

It is a Vudoo V22 360 repeater, TT diamond trigger, in a PDC chassis with a Zeiss S3 6-36 x 56 scope shooting off a Butch Lambert coaxial front rest with a Protektor 3" silver cloth heavy bag. The chassis has a 3 " front bag rider from LJW precision. Rear bag Proteckor Deluxe BB, silver cloth and heavy sand. I shoot a modified free recoil, pinch trigger, light face contact with no recoil pad contact. I have slightly modified the chassis, inserting sorbothane 40 in the cut out for weights to absorb vibration. I am currently testing different match ammo between Lapua and Eley. Will most likely travel to Ohio Lapua this winter for lot testing.
Nice. Sounds like a real nice setup! Thanks for sharing the information!

Howdy,
Been trying to top Jerry, but can't do it. But, I won't give up.

View attachment 8473656
Milt, just double checking, you have 7/5/24 on the target. Did you mean 8/5/24? Also, on your x-count, check bulls 3 and 20 for me. I see white space between the center dot and the bullet hole, so it appears to not be touching the dot.

Thanks,

Larry

Last edited:
Finally returned to the range after a hectic winter and spring. Had to deal with a death in the family, estate resolution, and work. I told my wife it was time I had some aroma therapy and I headed to the range.
While I am not proud of my score, I am proud I had time to shoot. I've missed it. So, if the creeks don't rise like they tried to here on Thursday, I be back next month.

Larry, please double check my scoring.

Thank you much, and stay safe out there.

John Metcalf
IMG_1795.jpeg

Finally returned to the range after a hectic winter and spring. Had to deal with a death in the family, estate resolution, and work. I told my wife it was time I had some aroma therapy and I headed to the range.
While I am not proud of my score, I am proud I had time to shoot. I've missed it. So, if the creeks don't rise like they tried to here on Thursday, I be back next month.

Larry, please double check my scoring.

Thank you much, and stay safe out there.

John MetcalfView attachment 8477257
John, scoring looks good. Welcome back! I have your score posted.

Larry

It was a great shooting day here in NW MN. 77F and no wind. Kimber 82 gov. with Redfield Int'l front and original Kimber rear peep.
199- 12X.

Attachments

• IMG_2894.jpg
    IMG_2894.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_2895.jpg
    IMG_2895.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 16
Greyknife/Ralph with my August Factory match. Wish I could avoid some of the 10's , but I could not blame it on the wind which was almost Zero on 8/12/24. Maybe my less than $4.00 ammo affects some of my shots. Score is 180 and 5X.
DSC01548.JPG

good afternoon. Thanks for running this forum, I'm using it to develop an interest in shooting .22 Benchrest shooting and have 6 or 7 folks that show up regularly.
Here are my latest submissions.

Attachments

• 8-16-2024 JBell Match.jpg
    8-16-2024 JBell Match.jpg
    469.4 KB · Views: 19
  • 8-16-2024 Mini-Palma.jpg
    8-16-2024 Mini-Palma.jpg
    515.2 KB · Views: 18
Good to get back to shooting after a month off due to illness (allergy) and windy 105F days. Tried new setups for the CZ457 and the T1X. The T1X showed promise but I think I'll go back to the drawing board on the CZ.

Factory Target Match - 50 yds
180/09x - Martini - CZ457 MTR/SK Standard Plus on 8/20/24
190/13x - Martini - Tikka T1X/SK Standard Plus on 8/20/24

OBA4VpB.jpeg

xaHxzN6.jpeg

Good to get back to shooting after a month off due to illness (allergy) and windy 105F days. Tried new setups for the CZ457 and the T1X. The T1X showed promise but I think I'll go back to the drawing board on the CZ.

Factory Target Match - 50 yds
180/09x - Martini - CZ457 MTR/SK Standard Plus on 8/20/24
190/13x - Martini - Tikka T1X/SK Standard Plus on 8/20/24

OBA4VpB.jpeg

xaHxzN6.jpeg
Glad to have you back! I have your scores posted.

Larry

Good morning everyone! I wanted to let you know that this coming Friday through Sunday I will be in Wright City, MO at the 2024 Outdoor National Tournament. I will return to normal monitoring of this thread on the following Monday.

Thanks for your patience in my absence!

Larry

Last edited: