• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

X - Vectronix Shooting Solutions

Not to bursts peoples bubble but, they’re only sending 1/4 the shipment. So for the masses 😂

1724953061444.jpeg

And if you haven't ordered yet... get it done here !! :)

Reactions: avidflyer
Anyone know of a good bino harness that would fit the Vectors w/ the extenders on? Looking at KUIUs and Eberlestocks it looks like they’re just too short to fit the binos w/ extenders.

Anything wrong with the OEMs? Looks like they fit:

1725073447031.png

Anyone know if the Vector X's with the SMR reticle will ship with a shorter bino case? Guessing not, but I don't plan on ordering the DMR, I'll never use extenders

Anyone know of a good bino harness that would fit the Vectors w/ the extenders on? Looking at KUIUs and Eberlestocks it looks like they’re just too short to fit the binos w/ extenders.
Reese Outdoors makes a few good ones. I run a couple of them for Thermal units as well.

Reactions: dubbednate
@mmcmah please go post in my thread. :)

I am in Europe and I just got an early sample of the EU version, which has a less powerful laser as Big Brother won't let us own dangerous things like LRFs. I don't think that means it's commercially available here and for everyone.

IMO I think that the less powerful laser for EU will means pretty insignificant differencies, as the laser should be quite capable regardless. I could probably live with being able to laser 4000 meters instead of 6000 meters, or whatever the spec might be?

Only just got it, only came this far with the unboxing. So far everything is very Swiss and premium.

I sold my Terrapin X a while ago, and hope to be "sold" on the new one.

Attachments

• EU-X.PNG
    EU-X.PNG
    3.5 MB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Reactions: Terry Cross
I am in Europe and I just got an early sample of the EU version, which has a less powerful laser as Big Brother won't let us own dangerous things like LRFs. I don't think that means it's commercially available here and for everyone.

IMO I think that the less powerful laser for EU will means pretty insignificant differencies, as the laser should be quite capable regardless. I could probably live with being able to laser 4000 meters instead of 6000 meters, or whatever the spec might be?

Only just got it, only came this far with the unboxing. So far everything is very Swiss and premium.

I sold my Terrapin X a while ago, and hope to be "sold" on the new one.
Bummer. Thanks for sharing. This idea that we deserve less powerful tools being BB so concerned about our health and capability to perform mass shooting really pisses me off ( means that buying it in the US and using it in EU would become a big headache warranty-wise) and has deep roots ( let me just mention Labradar, what a useless piece of junk the restricted version was here) however I would be most grateful if you could share some hands on experience with it ( mainly interested at how it performs inside 2000 yds/mt as my intended use is PRS.

Bummer. Thanks for sharing. This idea that we deserve less powerful tools being BB so concerned about our health and capability to perform mass shooting really pisses me off ( means that buying it in the US and using it in EU would become a big headache warranty-wise) and has deep roots ( let me just mention Labradar, what a useless piece of junk the restricted version was here) however I would be most grateful if you could share some hands on experience with it ( mainly interested at how it performs inside 2000 yds/mt as my intended use is PRS.

I have the same issue with Labradar and Garmin chronos, but somehow but mine are for the US market. 💪

It's been raining, I have a terrible headache but the mancold is slowly leaving me.

However I just lasered in my suburb, some houses and an island ranges between 150-650 meters and I was really impressed how fast I got the readings. So then I lasered a chimney at 1239. Moved a meter closer and got 1238.
From the Terrapin X and Google Earth measurements I've done before I know this is accurate, unless the Earth is flat!

There's a house at 1740 meters as well, and I got readings. This was all done free-handing, so everything should improve one I get the RRS mount and tripod up.

It's like unpacking a Rolex, everything is packed, marked and sealed. Crazy attention to detail!

A really good beginning, and I have only really scratched on the surface.

I understand the US market has mainly ordered the 12x version. I have the 10x version here.

Attachments

• EU-XX.PNG
    EU-XX.PNG
    1.9 MB · Views: 35
Reactions: Bangin
I have the same issue with Labradar and Garmin chronos, but somehow but mine are for the US market. 💪
Same here, never twice the same mistake.
It's been raining, I have a terrible headache but the mancold is slowly leaving me.

I did not meant to put you in action so quickly, but those are perfect testing conditions headache and cold included

However I just lasered in my suburb, some houses and an island ranges between 150-650 meters and I was really impressed how fast I got the readings. So then I lasered a chimney at 1239. Moved a meter closer and got 1238.
From the Terrapin X and Google Earth measurements I've done before I know this is accurate, unless the Earth is flat!

Viking ships did came back from Vinland so it must be round still

There's a house at 1740 meters as well, and I got readings. This was all done free-handing, so everything should improve one I get the RRS mount and tripod up.

It's like unpacking a Rolex, everything is packed, marked and sealed. Crazy attention to detail!

So far it does not cost as much as a Rolex and this is good…how many sek or euros did you drop for that btw?

A really good beginning, and I have only really scratched on the surface.

I understand the US market has mainly ordered the 12x version. I have the 10x version here.
Thank you and get well soon buddy. Next question will be how good is the alignment between the reticle and the beam and how this works at distance on 1-3 moa targets…but not for today.

Looks like area 419 has some units in stock. The model that I want was sold out with in a couple minutes. I pre-ordered from Euro optic in June. It would be pretty ironic to be able to buy a set this week from another retailer

I posted this in my Pre Order thread... But here is what I found out.

Just got the word the first 150 pair went quick.... They tried to spread them out according to order dates.
" Much smaller shipment then the hoped for....."

I got one pair and a bunch of the RRS mounts guys ordered. I will email the first person that this pair fits for payment.

Euro Optics said the next shipment will be here and cleared in October.

Vectronix customer service sent me this regarding shipments this morning,
"A second shipment is currently on the way over the Atlantic and the next shipment after that will leave for the US next week. So we will have a steady flow of devices coming to the US market now but it still some ways to go to cover all of the pre-orders."

This is all I know for now....

THANKS FOR ALL YOUR PATIENCE... WE ALL ARE WAITING TOGETHER I GUESS.

LINK TO MY THREAD IF YOU'D LIKE TO ORDER...

Reactions: DRWilson
IMG_6316.jpg

Some quick napkin thoughts after some backyard glassing.

Glass for comparison left to right above
Swaro SLC 15x56
Swaro 14x52 NL pure
Swaro 12x42 NL pure
Leica Ultravid 10x42
Leica Geovid Pro 10x32
Sig Kilo 10k
Vortex Fury HD AB 10x42
Vector X 12x42 DMR
PLRF 25c

Glass
-Pleasantly surprised. They're no NL Pure, but they'll hold their own against the Leicas. The film over any range finding bino is always going to cut clarity by some degree, but it's really minimal here. The gen I Sigs are blue blue blue...none of that here. Cutting out the straight binos and comparing RFB to RFB, they're probably the best of the bunch followed very closely by Leica to my eyes. Different day, different conditions, I may lean Leica...but for now, the Vectors seem to hold a slight edge. This is mostly driven by clarity/contrast between the two. I looked hard for some chromatic aberration with viewing white objects against a Texas sky, and didn't notice any....and I'm pretty sensitive to CA. Very happy to see this.

Feel
-Meh. They're heavy and blocky....but that's really not to be a surprise. So they're fine. With my NL Pure being my main glassing optic for the last few years, it's kind hard to pickup anything else that doesn't feel the same in the hand. Again, not a fair comparison against a non-RFB, so it is what it is. If Swaro ever releases a NL Pure line with rangefinding capability and AB, it'll be hard to pass up.
Comparing them to the Leica Geovid Pro, the Leica definitely feels better and weighs less....but my Leica's rangefinding capabilities are abysmal and the worst of the bunch.
The flip up caps to protect the objectives are nice...but I'm ready for some third party solutions that screen into the objective. For now, they just push in...which means they also pop out. I've already detached them on accident a few times.

Ranging
-To be determined. They ranged everything quickly and accurately with minimal lag....but I couldn't stretch them past about 1000 yards here. I look forward to getting them to the ranch where we can range windmills in the distance. So far, only the PLRF's have been able to range those at 6000+ yards. None of the other's I've tested in the above lineup have been able to pick them up.
The dual etched reticles are nice and the display layout is excellent. I was worried the reticles would be distracting, but they seem to disappear when glassing. My only worry here is the black etched center aiming reticle. When viewing tree trunks or other dark objects, it can be easy to miss. I worry about its visibility late at night when glassing. An option to turn on an illuminated center reticle would've been a welcome addition for those scenarios it's needed. As a hunter, I hope this isn't a problem in the real world.

Misc
-The app is well done and easy to navigate. No complaints
-The RRS adapter built into the bottom is an awesome option. Only issue here is that the thread pitch is pretty fine and feels easy to strip. I put a dab of loctite on them as I see no need to ever remove them in the future
-Compass calibration is odd. There is no menu setting to do this manually. You just have to wait for a chicken icon to appear in the viewfinder meaning it's time to calibrate. Then it's just one step to the next as laid out in the manual. There's no visual feedback on when to move to the next step...just a manual that says do each one for 2 seconds. If the chicken is gone when you look again, then you presume it worked. I would appreciate some kinda visual feedback on if it worked as this is always a finicky process with any compass calibration for optics. At least let me manually select a setting to start a calibration and then give me a success or failure notification.

Parting thoughts
Very happy with the purchase so far. I plan on taking them for a Wyoming hunt the first week in October, so we'll see how they handle some dust, drops, and long distances.

View attachment 8505655

Some quick napkin thoughts after some backyard glassing.
Very similar thoughts from me when comparing them. I only have the Geovid Pro 10x42 and Gen 1 10k to compare them to though.

For the glass I feel the contrast and clarity is very comparable to the Geovid Pro, but I find the color reproduction of the Geovid Pro to be better than the Vector X. To me the Vector X seemed to be a little more earth tone in image color vs the Geovid Pro being more accurate to real world.

Behind my house I have a few buildings at 1500-1900 yards and surprisingly the VectorX struggled to range the side of the building, but the Geovid Pro picked it up right away. The building isn't perpendicular to me though and I had the laser in ULM mode vs LRM so that may have resulted in the struggles of the Vector X. I also have a large American flag, like 100*50 foot flag, at ~3400 yards. Similar ranging results with the Geovid Pro picking it up right away and the Vector X struggling but eventually getting it in ULM mode. Tomorrow when the sun is out I'm going to play with them both again and see if I get similar results in LRM mode.

Update 1: One thing I did find odd was when the Vector X was connected to my Garmin Tactix 7 using the watch for ballistics, the holds for elevation and wind would not update in the HUD. The range would send to the watch, the watch would calculate a elevation and wind hold, but would not send that info back to the Vector X. I cant find where to check for a firmware update though so maybe there is an update available to fix this.

Last edited:
One thing I did find odd was when the Vector X was connected to my Garmin Tactix 7 using the watch for ballistics, the holds for elevation and wind would not update in the HUD.
The Sig Kilo Gen 2s do something similar. I think the HUD stopped updated when someone paired to a Kestrel & used the ballistics on it.

AB limitation?

e: I might be misremembering... I'm looking for it but there are 3 Vector X threads

10kG2 issue, not what I remembered.

Possibly this Vector X issue?

Last edited:
Reactions: DRWilson
The Sig Kilo Gen 2s do something similar. I think the HUD stopped updated when someone paired to a Kestrel & used the ballistics on it.

AB limitation?

e: I might be misremembering... I'm searching for it

10kG2 issue, not exactly what I remembered
I'm gonna try it with my Kestrel tomorrow and see if I get the same results.

Reactions: R_A_W
I remember seeing that, but that's not the issue unfortunately. It connects to the Tactix 7 just fine and sends range data to it and the watch calculates a solution without issue, just the solution is not returned to the HUD and displayed. Ultimately not a huge issue because I'll be reading the data from my watch for the solution, but an interesting bug I should report to Vecteonics.

I was interested and checked it tonight with the Kestrel and the firing solution is reported back to the HUD and shows the SE data as the Kestrel display.

-Compass calibration is odd. There is no menu setting to do this manually. You just have to wait for a chicken icon to appear in the viewfinder meaning it's time to calibrate. Then it's just one step to the next as laid out in the manual. There's no visual feedback on when to move to the next step...just a manual that says do each one for 2 seconds. If the chicken is gone when you look again, then you presume it worked. I would appreciate some kinda visual feedback on if it worked as this is always a finicky process with any compass calibration for optics. At least let me manually select a setting to start a calibration and then give me a success or failure notification.
I asked Nick about this. The Vector X's do not have a compass calibration menu. Instead they are basically always calibrating and keeping track of how well calibrated they think they are. There is actually an internal running expected error range estimation. When that error range gets larger than a set value the binos pop up the chicken symbol to ask you to do the chicken dance. This reminds me that I need to go take a look at the manual. I see that it is up now whereas it was not when I first received the test binos.

Awesome line up of glass you have there by the way.

Last edited: