• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

X - Vectronix Shooting Solutions

Similar somewhat surprising results this morning. The concrete building at ~1500 yards is hit or miss for my pair of Vector X, but gets picked up every time with my Geovid Pro. The building isn't perpendicular to me, probably 70° going away, so I'm sure it's a hard target to get a good reading on. There are a few pieces of the building that make a sharp corner so maybe the "looser" laser from the Geovid Pro is able to take advantage of that and get a better reading than the "tighter" laser in Vector X. Ranging steel buildings out to 2000+ yards though is not an issue at all. Getting good consistent readings from the Vector X. There isn't much wind this morning so the large flag at ~3000 yards is down and I'm unable to get a reading with either the Geovid Pro or the Vector X. We'll see if the wind picks up and I can try it later in the day.

Similar thoughts this morning for the glass though. I notice a more earth tone/brown image in the Vector X where the Geovid Pro is a more true to actual representation of color. Not that the tone in the Vector X is distracting or bothersome though, just a different hue to it vs the Geovid Pro. I honestly don't notice any of the reflective coating for the display in the Vector X so if anyone was worried about any tint from that I don't think it'll be an issue for you. Clarity, resolution and sharpness between the two though are incredibly similar and I don't think I can tell which one I prefer from that perspective.

There are a few pieces of the building that make a sharp corner so maybe the "looser" laser from the Geovid Pro is able to take advantage of that and get a better reading than the "tighter" laser in Vector X.
I have the Geovid Pro and Steiner 1535nm which has a small laser. I usually test on very small targets. Try to find a horizontal and vertical post like a fence and find the edge of the laser. Once you've figured that out on a small target you'll be able to better hit that larger target if indeed the issue is with the laser size.

I find it a bit perplexing that the Vector can't hit what the Geovid is. I've not seen that testing with my Steiners next to the Geovid and 10k (both generations).

I have the Geovid Pro and Steiner 1535nm which has a small laser. I usually test on very small targets. Try to find a horizontal and vertical post like a fence and find the edge of the laser. Once you've figured that out on a small target you'll be able to better hit that larger target if indeed the issue is with the laser size.

I find it a bit perplexing that the Vector can't hit what the Geovid is. I've not seen that testing with my Steiners next to the Geovid and 10k (both generations).
I know it seemed strange. I found where the laser was in the Vector X last night, about .25 mil high and left, and I know where the Geovid Pro is already. I've tried in ULM and LRF mode on the Vector X and it doesn't seem to make a difference on that building specifically. I'll be at a local match this weekend that I'll be testing the Vector X and Geovid Pro on hitting steel plates surrounded by bushes and skylined and that's where I fully expect the Vector X to shine vs the Geovid Pro.

Reactions: parshal
The film over any range finding bino is always going to cut clarity by some degree, but it's really minimal here.
I know you’re talking about the Vectronix, but as far as the Leica goes, don’t think the glass you look through has a film or filter on it. This is because the LRF module sits outside of the bino, in the middle. I don’t think there’s a sensor inside the barrels.

I could be way off base. But I say this because my 15x Leica Geovid R’s, also with that separate LRF module, don’t seem to have any color difference between the lenses either.

I know you’re talking about the Vectronix, but as far as the Leica goes, don’t think the glass you look through has a film or filter on it. This is because the LRF module sits outside of the bino, in the middle. I don’t think there’s a sensor inside the barrels.

I could be way off base. But I say this because my 15x Leica Geovid R’s, also with that separate LRF module, don’t seem to have any color difference between the lenses either.
There's going to be a coating of some kind in the barrel where the display is, but I'm sure not having the laser in that same location helps with not needing extra coatings or something.

Reactions: carbonbased
There's going to be a coating of some kind in the barrel where the display is, but I'm sure not having the laser in that same location helps with not needing extra coatings or something.
Oh yeah, forgot about the display needing a film for legibility. Good catch.

In my Leica I can’t see it, but I can sure see it in my non-AB Fury’s (doesn’t bother me though).