X - Vectronix Shooting Solutions

They are lol better than nothing but not by much. I’m hoping @Tyler Kemp can make some screw in caps that aren’t ARD.
I'm 100% sold if Tyler makes some that actually screw in.

I fully expect I'll lose these caps during hunting season - sitting in a tree stand, pulling them out of my harness, and then hearing them pop out and fall into the leaves somewhere below to never be found.

Reactions: Covertnoob5
I’ve sort of embraced dusty lenses on everything. My dust tolerance is fairly high.

I can deal with scope objective caps. Barely tolerate scope eyepiece caps.

No way could I futz with bino lens covers. Unless maybe they opened/closed by mind control haha!

My bino lens caps are a soft case lol

But I’m not making fun of those who like bino caps. Just not for me.

Join me in the worry-free nudist camp of bare lenses.

I am moving from several full AB devices, specifically Sig 8K and Sig 10K. My question is a general one. When linking a wind meter is there any advantage to using a wind meter with full AB? Why not use a Kestrel 5700 instead of a 5700 Elite? You do not need the full AB.
So the question is why use a full AB meter with a full AB rangefinder? Why not just use a 5700?

I gave my 5700 Elite to my son. I have been trying to set up the “non functional “ Calypso Mini AB. I need a better solution. So back to Kestrel 5700 or 5700 Elite? Which one? What say you?

I have a non ab mini calypso, I use the app to have real time wind values(works well so far) to put into my solver, now I'll input that data to the vector via the app, as it's much easier to use that system than pushing the buttons inside the vector. I'm pretty sure these new interfacing tech devices to integrate to the vector, and calypso are all just waiting on development and firmware to link or all up.

So if I get your work flow on the Calypso Mini non AB.
Use the Calypso Anemotracker app to get real time wind data.
Take the wind value and manually input to the VECSS app.
VECSS app pushes wind data to Vector X.
Yeah, unfortunately that's the only way currently. It'll be 2025 before the calypso functions with any of the ab engine devices I'm thinking.

Takes 5 seconds to send wind from app to binos and no button pushing, so I choose that over bino wind interface.

I'm hoping eventually I can firmware update my calypso to AB version, I didn't think there was a difference when I ordered 3 months ago, boy was a wrong.

Looks like we will have a few extra units shipping in, feel free to call us at 916-670-1103
Here's what we have below:

VECTRONIX SHOOTING SOLUTIONS VECTOR X 42 10x42 Rangefinding Binocular w/MSR-SMR Reticle 917235

VECTRONIX SHOOTING SOLUTIONS VECTOR X 42 12x42 Rangefinding Binocular w/MSR-SMR Reticle 917237

Last edited:
Reactions: ocabj
  • Love
Reactions: tydex21