Odd ball hobbies

@WDN-K-9 I have an EOD team mate from San Diego who now lives in Myrtle Beach. We go out with Wrightsville Beach Divers to find meg teeth.

Attachments

• 20171101_163435.jpg
    20171101_163435.jpg
    246.8 KB · Views: 82
@WDN-K-9 I have an EOD team mate from San Diego who now lives in Myrtle Beach. We go out with Wrightsville Beach Divers to find meg teeth.
I had to ask. When I was a younger pup and a fresh OWSI I worked for Moose on South Blvd for a while. Long story shorter, I was an instructor in tech deep air, MSTD, full cave etc before I joined the navy and got shuffled around to meet their needs. Diving days are starting to go behind because I’ve almost bitten the dust for very little pay out, but I’ll go when it presents. Lots of teeth in the Cooper.

Reactions: 502Chevelle
I used to do a lot of stuff.
Backcountry skiing. Ski mountaineering. Ice climbing. Rock climbing (alpine trad). Whitewater kayaking. Competitive whitewater raft racing. Fire department. Anything to keep busy and enjoy my time.

Now my hobby is being a dad. We do a lot of cool stuff. And its about the kid. I can teach important life lessons through any of it.
I build legos, have nerf wars, skateboard, play all kinda of ball.

I really enjoy blogging about my poops on Snipers Hide.

I try to do a new hobby once every year or two. Most never last long but I usually get pretty good at them. Lock picking, fur trapping, mushroom hunting, fishing for every species, excessive drinking then welding steel targets with buzzboxes. Just normal stuff. The one that I still do a lot is arrowhead hunting. Great excuse for camp trips and exploring new country.

Reactions: kabarNC
I always enjoy these kinds of threads on the various forums I've been on over the years. I've had a lot of different hobbies. Motocross was my favorite but after 12 years my body couldn't take it anymore.

Now I just do/try almost every kind of shooting competition there is and I really enjoy reloading. I'm also a dad and that's probably my favorite thing ever not that it's a hobby but it's definitely the best way to spend time. I'm trying hard to raise my kids right so they don't turn out to be a pice if shit like all the young people at work that don't work and act like everyone owes them something.

Not a waste if you resell the copper, which today brings a nice return.
At today's spot, $3.77 each of those blocks is worth about $30. In today's market all of them should get you a box of .22 rimfires.
Ironically, many recyclers won’t take ingots. It is much easier to prove what it is if it still a beer can, or a spool of wire, or a bucket of spent brass. Melt it down and they get all “well, we don’t know what it is” on you...

• Haha
Reactions: Maggot
I like to drive around to various shooting ranges, smoke several cigarettes, and just scatter the butts all over the place.

Oh, and I dip and spit on the sidewalk too. Then I hide around the corner to watch people walk around it.

Fuckin Bam!
Kane dat shit!
giphy.gif

Last edited:
One of my favorite hobbies was RC helicopters. And that was before this flight stabilization crap that people are using. I tried RC planes but either you're flying or you're not. With helicopters I can hover around, bounce around a bit.

One of the things I found most enticing if I crash I simply do a minor disassembling, in most cases, put on the new parts and I'm back flying. Break landing gear, bend a main or tail shaft Maybe boom strike, all things I can repair at the field and get back flying. Hell, I used to keep braided Kevlar fishing line, fiberglass strips and CA glue. Frame breaks in landing gear brakes were easily repaired and I'm right back up in the air.

I still chuckle at some of the chicken dances I had and some of the dumb thumbs I had slamming a bird inverted end of the ground at full speed...good times
I always wanted to get into the Rotor-wings, but, at the time, thought it was too expensive.
Well......RC cars/trucks, rate right up there, so there's that. Do have a couple of drones I mess with from time to time, when the wx permits. Mac(y)(y)

RC crawlers. Axial. Rc4wd type stuff. Custom tube chassis for them. Yadda yadda. Fun but man what a waste of money!
I mainly build the Axial kits, but, I do own a couple of Traxxas trucks. Wife bitches about them being toys and I have to agree with her, but, the grand kids do have fun, so it's ok. Mac