• It's Hunting Season: Show Us Your Rack!

Hunting season is finally here and we want to see pictures of your rack! Show us what you've got and we'll throw in a few t-shirts to people that send pics 👀

View thread
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Port strike coming… not going to be good!

Do we actually import toilet paper?
No, we export TP. The COVID TP shortage was a "packaging" issue - TP is packaged for home use and for large institutional use (think airports, factories, restaurants, malls, etc.). When COVID shut down all the work/travel/etc. and everyone was home - then demand for home TP when through the roof and the institutional packaged TP went to zero. Paper companies could not wave a magic want to solve this and was a temporary supply and demand situation.

Females are freaking out as they use the majority of TP.

Reactions: SilentStalkr
Dunno, but we import fuck tons of paper
We import cellulose (paper raw materials) from Brazil that we convert to paper products. Do not think we import much "paper" from overseas. Can you elaborate on US paper imports? US exports a LOT of cellulose all over the world for other nations to convert to a variety of products - very large use of containers in fact. Most of the world does not have the fiber (aka trees) to make paper - Brazil is one of the big fiber suppliers outside the US.

If this is orchestrated to produce chaos, and perhaps the Asheville devastation also exacerbated in some way like our local weather seems to be, who benefits? If Israel and Iran kickoff something bigger, and maybe they get the wet wood to light in Eastern Europe, who ends up ahead? What is the point?
I don’t believe the set piece bullshit about a “70% WAGE INCREASE!!!”. It works to get you folks all wound up bringing up old prejudices about workers and owners, but that’s like getting distracted by some cougar’s bolt on cleavage. It means nothing. What are we missing here? Just maximum chaos in order to bring in a “final solution” that is begged for by everyone? Or just typical whining humans shitting where they live and blaming everyone else for the misery.

Reactions: SD3Gunner and Bradu
If this is orchestrated to produce chaos, and perhaps the Asheville devastation also exacerbated in some way like our local weather seems to be, who benefits? If Israel and Iran kickoff something bigger, and maybe they get the wet wood to light in Eastern Europe, who ends up ahead? What is the point?
I don’t believe the set piece bullshit about a “70% WAGE INCREASE!!!”. It works to get you folks all wound up bringing up old prejudices about workers and owners, but that’s like getting distracted by some cougar’s bolt on cleavage. It means nothing. What are we missing here? Just maximum chaos in order to bring in a “final solution” that is begged for by everyone? Or just typical whining humans shitting where they live and blaming everyone else for the misery.

I didn't know I had ADHD until I read that, now I want to look at titties and get my wood wet to see if she can light it up

I didn't know I had ADHD until I read that, now I want to look at titties and get my wood wet to see if she can light it up
The treadmill in my brain spins fast and largely self-governed. Occasionally I check it to see if anything interesting has popped up. Nice fake titties distract as quickly as someone else’s weekend bbq scent on the breeze.

So are there any pics of the bolt on cleavage.......asking for a friend.

• Haha
Reactions: Emerson0311
We import cellulose (paper raw materials) from Brazil that we convert to paper products. Do not think we import much "paper" from overseas. Can you elaborate on US paper imports? US exports a LOT of cellulose all over the world for other nations to convert to a variety of products - very large use of containers in fact. Most of the world does not have the fiber (aka trees) to make paper - Brazil is one of the big fiber suppliers outside the US.
I know that ship loads of paper come into Philadelphia from Nordic shipping companies on the reg

Me in a month.

MV5BMTYyOTk4MjIxOF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzk1NTUyMQ@@._V1_.jpg

Potato head/democrats have been doing it for 4yrs, hasn't bothered anyone other than the poor that can't afford to shop at all.

Me, 50lbs of dry beans or peas less than $40, 50lbs of white/brown rice about $25, vacuum bag and carry on with life. Eggs, bacon, sausage and whole chickens come from a coworker's son who raises them farm to table. Can get goat and lamb too.

No Amazon account, no need for useless shit made in a useless shit hole. It's going to affect me, fuel and the cost of electricity, but nothing like those who don't plan or those that live paycheck to paycheck.

This is just one more crisis in the playbook, seeing what the country is willing to tolerate before they bring out the trick plays to win the game.

The ports on the west coast are open. Wouldn't all the stuff we import from Asian countries such as China and Korea come in through those ports? Don't Asian imports make up the vast majority of the stuff that we import?

I'm kinda worried about oil imports, but those are unloaded by hoses, not boxes. Does the ILA have anything to do with that?

What comes in through the east coast? Bananas? German cars I can't afford as I'm considered a poor? Steel? Russian ammo?

I'm just thinking this may not hurt us as bad as many think.

It isn’t just that. Think fertilizer, and it is the season for planting winter crops. The fertilizer price won’t stay steady if the supply goes further down. We import fertilizer to grow the crops to export. This gets to why this strike is impactful and rather stupid - there isn't an industry that is not part of the global supply chain. It is truly the weakness in the world economy. I dont think many consider it and how fragile it really is. If they did they would look at world events (not just this one) in a whole different light.

Last edited:
The ports on the west coast are open. Wouldn't all the stuff we import from Asian countries such as China and Korea come in through those ports? Don't Asian imports make up the vast majority of the stuff that we import?

I'm kinda worried about oil imports, but those are unloaded by hoses, not boxes. Does the ILA have anything to do with that?

What comes in through the east coast? Bananas? German cars I can't afford as I'm considered a poor? Steel? Russian ammo?

I'm just thinking this may not hurt us as bad as many think.
Read the full thread. This was covered.

How the hell do we let one group get a stranglehold on our country’s economy???

They don't have a stranglehold Americans are just retarded.
If they put "2 per customer" limits, Lupe will send her extended family, each with a basket, and go to seperate checkout lines. I witnessed that the first Biden shortage.

Yeah they did that in my rural part of cali came up from the city to the little hillbilly grocery stores and bought all the toilet paper.

DeSantis doesn’t play. Every governor needs to follow this guys playbook.

It's retard bait. FL doesn't even have one horizontal or vertical engineer company in their ARNG. Even if they did there are maybe a dozen people who can run a simple boom crane or heavy equipment per company MTOE..much less the shit on the docks. They aren't going to be able to do shit. There are no people qualified to run the heavy equipment and cranes needed to unload and load...lashers to secure the loads in the stacks or clerks who can manage the movement and location of tens of thousands of cans. In fact...if they tried it would take longer to unfuck than any short term possible benefit.

Great headlines but doesn't mean shit. The only people who have the experience and qualifications to run that type of equipment.....are union crane operators...and they aren't scabbing their brothers.

The NG will be sitting around with their thumbs up their ass...instead of being deployed to help the people who need it from the hurricane. Now that I think of it...it's downright retardfuckingation that a state like FL does not have a ton of engineer units for the sole purpose of rebuilding the infrastructure that gets destroyed damn near every year.

Last edited:
It's retard bait. FL doesn't even have one horizontal or vertical engineer company in their NG. Even if they did there are maybe a dozen people who can run a simple boom crane or heavy equipment per company MTOE..much less the shit on the docks. They aren't going to be able to do shit. There are no people qualified to run the heavy equipment and cranes needed to unload and load...lashers to secure the loads in the stacks or clerks who can manage the movement and location of tens of thousands of cans. In fact...if they tried it would take longer to unfuck than any short term possible benefit.

Great headlines but doesn't mean shit. The only people who have the experience and qualifications to run that type of equipment.....are union crane operators...and they aren't scabbing their brothers.
Train people. At this point no one cares, I think going fully automated is the way to go. They don’t strike and they work 24/7 and don’t call in sick. If your job can be automated, then your job is going to be extinct. That’s the way of the world. Imagine if the telecom workers did the same thing. I hope they find workers or just hire the Chinese company to automate the ports ASAP. Short term pain but I say play the long game. There isn’t a whole lot of community support for these guys.

Last edited:
Bet this job gets automated in the next 10 to 15 years. It just makes sense economically. Yeah they have the upper hand at the moment but long term, the house always wins.
Different part of the economy, however, a few months ago the fast food workers in Commiefornia thought they had everyone over the barrel when they got a raise to $20/hr. The the businesses decided to cut hours, automate, reduce service, close the doors, etc. and those workers ended up fuc%ed and out of a job.

Same with the dock workers. Short term, they win. Long term... Joe says they can learn to code. Oh yeh, coders are being replaced with AI. Maybe they can learn concrete or how to bow hunt.

Different part of the economy, however, a few months ago the fast food workers in Commiefornia thought they had everyone over the barrel when they got a raise to $20/hr. The the businesses decided to cut hours, automate, reduce service, close the doors, etc. and those workers ended up fuc%ed and out of a job.

Same with the dock workers. Short term, they win. Long term... Joe says they can learn to code. Oh yeh, coders are being replaced with AI. Maybe they can learn concrete or how to bow hunt.
I think you are correct. The automation may be delayed but it won’t be stopped. 4th Industrial Revolution and all.

I spent last 7 years of my career automating paper mills and lumber/plywood/OSB sites as we could not get workers. Was not an issue paying workers more, etc. - we could not get anyone to work in rural areas. The technology is there to automate - management just needs the incentives. They got their incentives now.

Robots don’t pay union dues…
They ain’t useless union hacks either for that matter. Plus robots won’t bitch and moan that they can’t do that and this because upper hand union hacks tell them otherwise. They are a fucking disgrace lately as I even belongs to UA union but won’t hold each other cocks and hands. Fuck em.

Reactions: Dispatcher91
From what we are told the average person does not have enough savings to last a month or two. We can outlast them. They should be striking against the salary of the union bosses.

Recent MarketWatch Guides survey results indicate that 66.2% of Americans feel like they're living paycheck to paycheck.Aug 9, 2024

Reactions: Dispatcher91
From what we are told the average person does not have enough savings to last a month or two. We can outlast them. They should be striking against the salary of the union bosses.
They get union strike pay dumb dumb. That's part of where their dues go. The amount of people commenting without the foggiest idea how any of this shit works is hilarious.