Coup De Grâce, New Action from American Rifle Company, $899 WOW!

FYI, pictures of the different kind of trigger hangers…

Top, the original one that came with the initial actions. Middle, the version with a slight relief on it. Bottom, the latest one that has little lugs on it and a deeper general relief cut.

I don’t think the bottom one will work on my actions because they use pointy pins…

(note that I had already modified the other side of the top one… So it does not come that way)

View attachment 8487384
There was actually a 4th version…it the profile of the middle, un-anodized one but with the little lugs versus pointy trigger pins. That’s what came with my action and I did have to file on it to get clearance for a Timney 2 Stage Light.

I took almost .080 off the latch to get my nephews 6.5 prc to feed.It feeds perfect now.I didn’t have to use the aics tab arc sends with the action.The front of the mag stopped on the bottom metal in his chassis

Reactions: Simonsza1
Pricing as of 3 Sep....Intro pricing is over...

ETA: I wasn't going to get political but Ted says it well—and agree 100%. And, while $899 was crazy good, $1199 is certainly not bad!

Last edited:
Reactions: Cody S and lash
People of Earth, particularly those on Sniper’s Hide,

Twenty months after we announced our Coup De Grâce action here on the Hide, it is finally time to raise the price. The CDG can be ordered at the intro price of $899 through Labor Day, September 2. At 00:00 on September 3rd the price will increase to $1199 for the target model and $1299 for the lightweight model.

Since selling our first pair of scope rings back in 2010, we have not raised prices. But because of the miscreants in Congress and their bankster overlords who own the Fed, the buying power of the dollar has diminished to the point where we can no longer offer our products at current prices. Therefore, we are raising prices on all our products, not just the CDG. Admittedly, the CDG action was priced ridiculously low back then and those of you who purchased one got an outstanding deal. For those of you who haven’t, you have until midnight September 2nd.

As always, thanks for your business. It means a lot to us and enables us to develop new products, and more importantly, to eat.

Sincerely,

Ted

Last edited:
The Aero Solus action that routinely sells for under $650 is the better buy especially at the CDG new $1200 price tag. I didn’t find my CDG action to be anything better than my Aero action.
I have to respectfully disagree. Yes, they both get the job done and in that respect you’re not wrong. But the two are not equal.

I have to respectfully disagree. Yes, they both get the job done and in that respect you’re not wrong. But the two are not equal.
They both have integrally machined recoil lugs and scope bases. They both have interchangeable bolt heads. They both accept pre fits although the Solus matches up with Origin prefits w/ no coned breech required/recommended. Both have less than 90 degree bolt lifts with smooth bolt throws. Both have bolts w/ a 6:00 lug to reliably feed from AW magazines. Both have trigger hangers although the CDG can be adjusted for sear height but I’ve never found this to be necessary. The CDG does have the pivoting bolt handle that is more a gimmick than anything. The CDG does have controlled round feed and a mechanical ejector that some prefer over a push feed with plunger ejectors, neither of which offer a functional advantage over the other. What am I missing feature wise that one has over the other besides price?

A notable point for Aero that can’t be overlooked is they have stuff on the shelf as their manufacturing capabilities are far greater. ARC commands a waiting period. Availability and price for similar features is why I think the Solus is the better by although one can’t really go wrong with either of these or any number of other actions out there.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Cody S and cyranis
Adjustable trigger hanger is a gamechanger as far as I’m concerned. Being able to tune any trigger to be perfect is awesome.

I have something like 9 different custom actions currently, and that’s my favorite feature of all of them. Mechanical ejectors are also my preference by far.

Nothing wrong with the Solus at all, but unless I’m down to my last dollar, I’m not picking it over a CDG…

Your money your call, but .. $650 for an Aero Solus action vs $1200 the new price for a CDG is a lot of money for a trigger hanger, and pivoting bolt handle that can't be used with light triggers because it can cause misfires.

Your money your call, but .. $650 for an Aero Solus action vs $1200 the new price for a CDG is a lot of money for a trigger hanger, and pivoting bolt handle that can't be used with light triggers because it can cause misfires.
1724894446944.jpeg

You’re gonna have a fucking hernia when you see the price of a BAT action.

Tell us you’ve never actually produced anything with your own two hands without telling us.

It's been a minute, I got the action and barrel in, I was wanting to hold off until I complete it. Bedding and probably an optic change as the scope I had on the shelf kind of ruins the whole thing. (Weight).

CDG LW
Bartin 18" 223 AI barrel
Stocky Hunter VG (modified slightly)
Trigger tech 2 stage
Atlas bottom metal (doesn't perfectly fit the stocky inlet, have to modify)
AM 00100-0037
As of right now arken SH4.

This adventure has also lead me to mess around in cad for a AW style mag for 233 since there's an off the shelf action in the US. Is there anyone else who would at least like to see what one would look like?

Attachments

• PXL_20240830_020920306.jpg
    PXL_20240830_020920306.jpg
    536.6 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
Not a direct apples to apples comparison but my Solus's (SA) finish is more durable than my CDG's bolt (LA) finish by a long shot. CDG's bolt is showing significant wear on the nitride and it has less rounds than my Solus. Both actions are smooth so I'm not too worried about the wear, but if I had to pick which one was smoother I'd probably give it to the Solus. The pivoting lever has been useful in extracting stubborn 7 PRC brass so that's a win for the CDG.

If I were to order them again I'd:
-short action, I'd order the Solus by a long shot and save $.
-magnum long action, I'd order the CDG again.

Not a direct apples to apples comparison but my Solus's (SA) finish is more durable than my CDG's bolt (LA) finish by a long shot. CDG's bolt is showing significant wear on the nitride and it has less rounds than my Solus. Both actions are smooth so I'm not too worried about the wear, but if I had to pick which one was smoother I'd probably give it to the Solus. The pivoting lever has been useful in extracting stubborn 7 PRC brass so that's a win for the CDG.

If I were to order them again I'd:
-short action, I'd order the Solus by a long shot and save $.
-magnum long action, I'd order the CDG again.

Just because the black coloration wears through doesn't mean the nitride is actually worn through or the benefits of the hardening have been lost.

Reactions: Cody S and pingunit
I bought 3 more, 2 SA 308 bolts and 1 LA magnum bolt.

This will bring my total to 7 CDG actions so I guess you could say I'm a huge fan! Had some slight feeding issues but once I switched to AW mags they run 100% and have became my favorite custom action.

Hopefully GrayOps builds us a 12rd billet magazine in 223 and 308 based sizes in the AW like they have for the 6br and gay tiger, that would complete me!

So how are the BNA triggers running compared to the TT diamonds?

I have a pivoting bolt handle that I’m looking to move to a fixed handle and thought about trying a BNA trigger.

I really like my CDG but I feel the trigger weight needs to be lighter compared to my impacts. That’s the reason I want to move to a fixed handle.

Reactions: Cody S

I have a pivoting bolt handle that I’m looking to move to a fixed handle and thought about trying a BNA trigger.

I really like my CDG but I feel the trigger weight needs to be lighter compared to my impacts. That’s the reason I want to move to a fixed handle.

Just run the TT Diamond and be done with it. Nothing against BnA, IMO they are both outstanding but I started with TTs in mine and they are very well proven so I've zero reason to change.

Reactions: Simonsza1
I’m running a BnA 2 stage with pivoting handle at about 10 oz total in mine.Has been perfect.Being able to adjust sear and trigger hanger makes it really nice.I also had a diamond 2 stage at similar weight without issue

Reactions: pingunit and lash

I’m using a BNA TacSport Pro X 2 stage trigger on my CDG long action with pivoting bolt handle. Took a bit more adjusting than an action without an adjustable trigger hanger but once dialed in I have had no issues with it. Mostly use this setup for hunting and trigger pull is just under 1lb.

I'm a bit confused by this CDG action picture as it doesn't look like the current bolt fluting. Has it changed over time?

Right-3.jpg
Looks right to me. If you close the bolt you will see all the fluting area shown. The bottom of the bolt is smooth so that it slides over the cartridge case smoothly.

Looks right to me. If you close the bolt you will see all the fluting area shown. The bottom of the bolt is smooth so that it slides over the cartridge case smoothly.

Okay...I must just be looking at it wrong. Hopefully I'll know in a week or so.

I'd have rather had a smooth bolt but you get what you get when you miss the direct order option before the price increase and have to go elsewhere.

I'd have rather had a smooth bolt but you get what you get when you miss the direct order option before the price increase and have to go elsewhere.
I think you will like the fluting. It looks good without being loud and in your face. The bolt works very smoothly using the AW mags.

In the picture the bolt is raised which rotates the fluting to the inside of the action.

IMG_5217.jpeg

IMG_5218.jpeg

The fluting is purely for aesthetics with the bolt closed, the rest of the bolt is smooth.

I finished the bedding on the stock. I'm not sure what stocky uses an epoxy/resin for their stocks. But it buffs out super easily.
The reason I ended up buffing it was there is extra epoxy/resin clumps on the stock so I took 1000grit to remove most of then followed up with 2000grit. Once the excess was removed I blended everything with cutting compound then polish.

Attachments

• PXL_20240906_162005421.jpg
    PXL_20240906_162005421.jpg
    427.6 KB · Views: 59
  • PXL_20240906_162003114.jpg
    PXL_20240906_162003114.jpg
    432.7 KB · Views: 60
  • PXL_20240903_195824524.jpg
    PXL_20240903_195824524.jpg
    446.9 KB · Views: 57
  • PXL_20240901_221344754.jpg
    PXL_20240901_221344754.jpg
    304 KB · Views: 56
  • PXL_20240903_195816820.jpg
    PXL_20240903_195816820.jpg
    278.1 KB · Views: 54
  • PXL_20240901_153058059.jpg
    PXL_20240901_153058059.jpg
    332.6 KB · Views: 54
  • PXL_20240901_153053396.jpg
    PXL_20240901_153053396.jpg
    333.6 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
Reactions: BLEE
I went to fireform the brass tonight since everything is finished. All I can say is I'm excited to do a ladder load she's gonna shoot.
Looks awesome! I just got the shipping notice for my action and have been looking for more build photos of the lightweight actions.

So far I've got:
CDG LW SA
HS precision BDL stock (36oz, could get something lighter but I had it already)
Atlas Bottom metal (very minor fitting done)
Timney elite hunter trigger

Bartlien carbon fiber 22" being spun up by SPR is still several weeks out. That gives me time to choose a light-ish scope for this beast!

Reactions: Absolution