Coup De Grâce, New Action from American Rifle Company, $899 WOW!

I was using my CDG fixed bolt handle again today, it's just flat amazing. feels excellent, looks pretty cool, does everything I could ask. I can't wait to put in the 70lb spring to see how much that lightens the bolt lift and enjoy tinkering. thanks for making sure spare/replacement parts are cheap/available and shipping is swift.
thanks @karagias and ARC group!

Anybody running their CDG with M5 bottom metal? Want to get some pics of where your case head presentation is vis-a-vis the bottom lug.

I’ve got mine assembled by hand outside the stock as I wait for it to arrive, but I noticed the case head presents notably lower in this MDT M5 bottom metal than it does in my ACC Elite. I don’t have any other M5 DBM on hand to compare. This isn’t magazine catch related, I checked that already.

Anybody running their CDG with M5 bottom metal? Want to get some pics of where your case head presentation is vis-a-vis the bottom lug.

I’ve got mine assembled by hand outside the stock as I wait for it to arrive, but I noticed the case head presents notably lower in this MDT M5 bottom metal than it does in my ACC Elite. I don’t have any other M5 DBM on hand to compare. This isn’t magazine catch related, I checked that already.
this is a hawkins

Attachments

• 20240909_004025.jpg
    20240909_004025.jpg
    535 KB · Views: 93
  • 20240909_004052.jpg
    20240909_004052.jpg
    293.5 KB · Views: 95
  • 20240909_004215.jpg
    20240909_004215.jpg
    248.7 KB · Views: 93
Reactions: AllenOne1
I got the CDG in that I grabbed from SAC when the impending price increase was announced and it is indeed a very nice action.

I'm happy to report that the action I got appears to be the latest revision with the non-pointed flush trigger pins and the points on the hanger itself. I wasn't sure if that'd be the case or not.

Now the wait for the one that I ordered direct from ARC won't be so painful :D

I'm going to grab a Xylo and a Mod 22 trigger at some point for my 223Rem build. The mag catch for AICS mags and the CDG are still a couple months out according to ARC but I'm in no rush.

I do also like the fluting as it's only about 1/3 of the circumference of the bolt.

My direct from ARC action is a smooth bolt with a round knob so we'll see how I like it compared to the standard knob that this one came with. I'd like to think that I'd sell the one I like the least since I don't really need 2 actions, however, I'm kind of doubting that'll happen :ROFLMAO:

Also, a big thumbs up to them including a parts diagram with complete parts list (including part #'s) with the action...I'm looking at you AI :rolleyes:

Last edited:
so I just installed the 70lb spring to have some fun and now the bolt won't close all the way.
do I need to time the trigger again?
pic shows as far down as the bolt will go.
going to try timing the trigger and see if that does it.
ETA upon closer inspection I even see in this picture I had the handle backwards

Attachments

• 20240911_193425.jpg
    20240911_193425.jpg
    472.8 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
so I just installed the 70lb spring to have some fun and now the bolt won't close all the way.
do I need to time the trigger again?
pic shows as far down as the bolt will go.
going to try timing the trigger and see if that does it.

Make sure the cocking piece is installed in the correct direction. Also make sure you didn't install the bolt head 180 degrees off. Those are my first 2 guesses...

Reactions: Cody S
Are you guys talking about the striker springs on ARC’s website? What comes standard and what is the benefit to changing it in which direction?
80 comes standard. I bought the 70, as it will reduce the bolt lift. mainly I like to tinker and they were available on the website so why not. you could buy the 100lb spring if you want to know what an AI feels like.
this whole not going into battery thing is something I've somehow screwed up.
bolt head is correct orientation. going to check the cocking piece tomorrow, thanks for your ideas guys I appreciate that.

Reactions: ChrisAU
80 comes standard. I bought the 70, as it will reduce the bolt lift. mainly I like to tinker and they were available on the website so why not.
this whole not going into battery thing is something I've somehow screwed up.
bolt head is correct orientation. going to check the cooking piece tomorrow, thanks for your ideas guys I appreciate that.

This is on the 80N spring page, so I’m not sure?

IMG_8983.png

Reactions: spife7980
my understanding from ARC via the phone is that 70 was standard when it was new then they went to 80 for reliability when dirty or some such reason(I forgot what he actually said)
my action is the latest iteration and shipped with an 80 spring. the 70 is about 1/8th inch shorter, give or take and definitely goes together easier.
if you aren't sure just call and aggravate them, they're cool people.

Last edited:
Reactions: ChrisAU
Can you tell which spring you have without taking it apart and measuring it? Are they color coded or something? (I don't remember seeing any color on mine but I wasn't looking for it either)

Mine was one of the original batch that shipped so I assume it has the 70# spring, but it's just an assumption at this point. Not going to change it one way or another as it has worked perfectly and the bolt lift is fantastic.

Can you tell which spring you have without taking it apart and measuring it? Are they color coded or something? (I don't remember seeing any color on mine but I wasn't looking for it either)

Mine was one of the original batch that shipped so I assume it has the 70# spring, but it's just an assumption at this point. Not going to change it one way or another as it has worked perfectly and the bolt lift is fantastic.
Same here.

No color codes on mine either the original or the replacement. Mine is a June 23 build, and pretty sure is a 70N, tried the 80N but went back to the 70N, my action has around 2k rounds and is sooo smooth...once u try that you 'll never come back...;)

Reactions: lash and AllenOne1
I doubt anyone will care but I'm curious to try this out on a Xylo once I get one. I actually don't have anything Arca to try it on so I'm just going off of the RRS Arca specs.

I'm planning on getting an Arca adapter for my Atlas bipod and putting it up at the front and then putting these on the rest of the rail as I just shoot at the range so I don't need to be moving the bipod all over the place on the rail.

XyloCover.png

Reactions: Absolution
I doubt anyone will care but I'm curious to try this out on a Xylo once I get one. I actually don't have anything Arca to try it on so I'm just going off of the RRS Arca specs.

I'm planning on getting an Arca adapter for my Atlas bipod and putting it up at the front and then putting these on the rest of the rail as I just shoot at the range so I don't need to be moving the bipod all over the place on the rail.

View attachment 8500275
Printed?

Yeah I just printed it on my Bambulab X1C.

I'm still learning Fusion as I'm not a CAD designer so it's a bit of a chore for me to design things but it's fun to experiment.

I did find a small Arca rail on Thingiverse that I printed as well and it's a perfect fit so that's nice to see.

I could still use the measurement for the height of the sides of the Xylo (excluding the Arca rail) so that I can get that correct. I started with 1.5" as a guess but an actual number would be nice.

If anyone wants the file once I get it done I'll put it up on Thingiverse.

I have 2 CDG's (1 from SAC here now and 1 from ARC direct that I'm waiting on) so I'll be buying 2 Xylo's, however, I'll probably try to catch a sale to lessen the pain a bit since I still need triggers and barrels.

Yeah I just printed it on my Bambulab X1C.

I'm still learning Fusion as I'm not a CAD designer so it's a bit of a chore for me to design things but it's fun to experiment.

I did find a small Arca rail on Thingiverse that I printed as well and it's a perfect fit so that's nice to see.

I could still use the measurement for the height of the sides of the Xylo (excluding the Arca rail) so that I can get that correct. I started with 1.5" as a guess but an actual number would be nice.

If anyone wants the file once I get it done I'll put it up on Thingiverse.

I have 2 CDG's (1 from SAC here now and 1 from ARC direct that I'm waiting on) so I'll be buying 2 Xylo's, however, I'll probably try to catch a sale to lessen the pain a bit since I still need triggers and barrels.

1.46"

Adjustable trigger hanger is a gamechanger as far as I’m concerned. Being able to tune any trigger to be perfect is awesome.

I have something like 9 different custom actions currently, and that’s my favorite feature of all of them. Mechanical ejectors are also my preference by far.

Nothing wrong with the Solus at all, but unless I’m down to my last dollar, I’m not picking it over a CDG…
glad someone said it.
are soulless really still 650? I won't lie, that is rather impressive if true.
not to throw shade on them but when I was shopping literally 2 months ago they were at price parody with CDG. even at 650$ vs 900$ I would have 100% bought the CDG.
at 650 vs 1200 I'd still probably buy the cdg, but that math is very competitive at least.

Last edited:
Reactions: lash
View attachment 8136551
Proof of life from my FFL.
I went a little counter-culture with my options but I dig the look.

I just got one with the standard knob and fluting in black, however, the one I ordered from ARC is exactly like this one and I can't wait! There's just something about this configuration that I love.

They even let me change it to a .473" bolt head from the .378" bolt head since the one I got from SAC was a .378" and I don't need multiple 223's right now.

Reactions: Cody S and lash