• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

The war in Ukraine and Donbas

Quick, Russia is infighting. Everybody full scale attack while they are distracted.

Oh shit
star-wars-admiral-ackbar.gif

Reactions: Vodoun daVinci
Prizoghin might very well be the last guy on earth you would want to fuck with even if your Putin, this guy topples governments and countries for a living and seems to be damned good at it.
My guess it’s either some bullshit like a drunk accidentally bombed the wrong spot, or some spirited jockeying for political positioning. A few people get bullets behind the ear and a new face steps up to the microphone saying basically the same thing as before. The game never really changes. Occasionally the principals live out their usefulness is all.

My guess it’s either some bullshit like a drunk accidentally bombed the wrong spot, or some spirited jockeying for political positioning. A few people get bullets behind the ear and a new face steps up to the microphone saying basically the same thing as before. The game never really changes. Occasionally the principals live out their usefulness is all.
For the most part that seems to hold true, it’s always amazed me how similar our usual suspects of rivals are. Russia for the most part of the last 60 years has had leaders that tend to Saber rattle, but end the end can be dealt with. North Korea for the last 60 years has had a few that were paranoid borderline if not full blown schizophrenic’s. Iran for the better part of 50 years has had Armageddon fanatics that are crazier than a shit house rat. Considering the number of leaders those three have had over that period they remain remarkably consistent.

Somebody offered Prigozhin 50, maybe 100 million plus new identity and villas in Switzerland and the Caymans? Maybe $500M? Maybe a cool billion?

Or it's all deep fakes, distractions and deceptions.

What sideshows have we seen over the past month? Trump prosecutions, Hunter revelations, aliens stories, mini-sub with billionaires imploding, is there something else afoot?

As Ukraine's position falters, what would NATO & Washington do to ensure victory? Since it seems like we've given up on Taiwan, there is one conflict on which all effort can be focused.

Whatever the reality is, seems things are destabilizing. Not good.

Earlier in the day, Prigozhin said Shoigu lied to Russians and to Putin when he told a “story about the crazy aggression from the Ukrainian side and the plans to attack us with the entire NATO bloc.” In an implied criticism of Putin, he added that Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky would have agreed to a deal if the Kremlin had deigned to negotiate.

Some coverage from Brit media, which has been questionable in the accuracy of their coverage of the conflict (some history of touting Ukrainian victories which later proved inaccurate). Caveat emptor.

Kind of odd, as they are generally far more objective than US media when reporting on American issues, although something has changed on that also over recent months. Maybe new editor or something?

German (DW) coverage

Does something seem off in the picture?

66019355_805.jpg

Clean uniforms, fresh (like just off the roll) duct tape, relatively clean (and identical) shoes, guns look pretty clean, helmets not scuffed... do these look like guys who have been slugging it out all spring? 🤔

Reactions: tomcatmv
1687589463511.png

“Prigozhin, in battle fatigues, appeared in a video as he entered the Rostov military headquarters, berating top Russian commanders and telling them that his forces had shot down three helicopters that fired on his troops. “We will shoot down all of them if you keep sending them,” he said. “Because you kill civilians.””

Last edited:
Backing Putin into a corner? Jake Sullivan and the rest of the warmongers maybe didn't think this through.

Yeah, I'm thinking London and/or DC ginned up some "info" for Prigozhin to digest, like "plans proving" Putin was going to take him out, maybe even engineering some "friendly fire" on Wagner personnel from a Russian site to reinforce the notion. Doesn't make sense for Russia to turn on Wagner in the middle of trying to deal with Ukraine. Afterwards, perhaps. Has elements of subterfuge all over it, but from where? Could be inside the Kremlin (with external help), Poles, any of the other countries eager to supply Ukraine with everything they have, all sorts of players with various stakes. Not sure this sort of game has ever been played with a nuclear power before. Maybe whoever is running this game even wants something like Putin nuking Prigozhin and his 35K (?) supporters in Rostov as a pretext for NATO getting involved, which is madness, as that only escalates the risk of nuclear responses.

Would make a hell of a Tom Clancy or John LeCarre novel, but not much fun to be living in the shadow of all hell breaking loose.

I still think Nuland and crew are hard at work doing everything to destroy Russia, with Klaus Schwab and some moneyed interests (Blackrock) quietly supporting the efforts from the shadow. Russia (and China) are roadblocks in the WEF new world order, and the natural resources of Russia are an immense plum for billionaires unsatisfied with not controlling everything. Also worth noting is this happens at the end of the 2 week largest NATO air force games in history, which could have served served as a mighty powerful diversion. If it's not a purely organic rebellion by Wagner, I ask who is best in the world at sowing confusion and discord?

Reactions: canman
Backing Putin into a corner? Jake Sullivan and the rest of the warmongers maybe didn't think this through.

Well "somebody" already calculated that blowing up Nordstream was a good idea. There's a senile potus who could probably ok just about anything...

You know it's funny that nobody presses Sweden on their "investigation" of Nordstream. Guess their NATO membership hinges on them being "team players"

Is it too early to start drinking? 🍻

Reactions: canman
Personally, I think Prigozhin, after fighting on the front lines is pissed off at what he see's happening. Has decided to do something.

How many of you vets Nam, Middle east, Afghan, out there have had that feeling? The Lawyers and politicians back home not having a clue what it takes, and sending your brethren to die. Just to abandon your efforts.

I don't think the company flipped him, I think this is a legit cry of a front line fighter. (edit- I do think they would be more than happy to take advantage of the situation though)

Last edited:
Time to grab a beer and watch all the Putin fanboys scramble to explain yet another failure as being anyone’s fault but his.

After enough embarrassing losses it might be time to question whether strongman leaders are just not good at leading instead of inventing ever larger copespiracies.

Time to grab a beer and watch all the Putin fanboys scramble to explain yet another failure as being anyone’s fault but his.

After enough embarrassing losses it might be time to question whether strongman leaders are just not good at leading instead of inventing ever larger copespiracies.
Image - Glowing-mr-burns.jpg - Wikisimpsons

Governor of Lipetsk confirmed a little after 9:30 a.m. EST that Wagner troops are already there, moving toward Moscow. This is north of Voronezh. The Governor is asking civilians to stay off the roads.

This is about 250 miles from Moscow.

Now that Putin is vowing punishment for treason, there is no way out for Wagner but to push ahead and hope for the best.

No clear picture of whether the military is 100% opposed to Wagner - at least some of them appear to not be resisting, but there is active fighting going on in other places.

If I were Putin I'd be getting the hell out of Dodge. Like pronto....pissing in Wagners cornflakes was probably not the best of his ideas.

VooDoo
Lots of reports about his plane speeding out of Moscow not long ago, Moscow is denying it and says he is in the Kremlin working. Hard to know the truth. I mean, you could be a reporter stationed in Moscow and have no idea unless you had access to the Kremlin and could see him working or were with him on the flight to St. Petersburg.

It might be smart to get out of Moscow given how fast Wagner has covered the ground (apparently troops closer to Ukraine were not fighting Wagner all that hard or not hardly at all), but it sure sends the wrong signal if the leader jumps ship.

Well one reason why you don’t set up private armies, there are many more besides.

So does the WEF see a Wagner takeover as a benefit?

Far as I know they seem more conservative than Putin.

Unless Wagner sold out to the WEF.

Fully expect WEF to step on its transition attached dick and do something to unite the Russia Slavs into protecting the Motherland.